M&S Food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How about a thread for the only thing good at marks and Spencer?

Has anyone tried their best ever eclair? I'm waiting for a day that it feels needed. £5 for two and 500 cals
Screenshot_20210610-140108_Instagram.jpg

The cake jars look pretty bad - £4 and lots of plastic for such a small portion.

Screenshot_20210610-140316_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I saw these cake jars when I was in this week and they're tiny for £4!

My current M&S best buy is their onion ring crisps - they're a great knockoff of Tayto Onion Rings and only 150cals for the entire huge bag 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Their macaroni cheese and white chocolate milkshake are my guilty pleasure 😋 Really want to try the trillionaires cake jar but feel it's one of those things that won't live up to expectation, then I will be passed off for wasting £4! 🙈

Reactions: 11
The cake jars are so nice but they're not for sharing, hide them at the back of the fridge. I love the dirty fries and gin in the tins. The nachos are pretty good for £5. I see they have bake your own Colin cookie dough but its not in my local yet.

Reactions: 17
I always pop in M&S food after my weekly trip to the physio. It satisfies my cravings for Waitrose somewhat, as god I miss Waitrose so much … and Aldi too 😂

I usually get the meal deals and anything yellow stickered by at least half price. I like luxury but I like saving money even more 😉

I’m currently addicted to the vegan salt beef pretzel sandwich. At £3.50 it’s pretty pricey but as a once a week thing it’s definitely worth it … I don’t even like sandwiches usually. I got the best ever Mac n cheese yesterday for £1 …I didn’t like it 😂 My freezer is starting to look like an M&S food store now but I can’t resist those yellow stickers 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I saw these cake jars when I was in this week and they're tiny for £4!
Yep! They're smaller than a scone and to add insult to injury they suggest half of the tiny jar is a portion! 56g is not a portion of cake 🤦‍♀️
Screenshot_20210610-142151_Chrome.jpg

The salad pots were great
518056011_0_640x640.jpg

But they've changed the container to use more plastic and waste space, made it smaller (was 230g now 200g), it's more expensive (gone is the 2 for £3 offer) and the selection has been reduced 😭

554157011_0_640x640.jpg

• Wow
I love M&S chocolate chunk shortbread 🤤

I’ve tried the Yumnuts too (what a name 🤣) and they’re ok but not in a hurry to get them again.

• Haha
I tried the best ever eclair, got them reduced but still pricey at around £3, but they are pretty good! Not worth a fiver though 😳 one thing I always pick up in M&S is the plant kitchen vegan Chicken Kievs, I’m not vegan or vegetarian but it’s so good and I prefer it from real chicken!

Reactions: 14
I love their chicken, mushroom and rice soup. I have it when I'm too lazy to make my own ☺

Ooooh I might have to get some of these I love an Eclair. I usually buy the cheddar cheese discs (biscuit and crackers aisle) Percy pigs and the breaded mushrooms are delicious as well. I also love the orange trifle 😋 😋 😋 😋

Reactions: 3
I swear their stuff is getting more expensive every week. £5 for those eclairs £4 for the tiny cake jars. Their food is nice but Jesus Christ 😂 the prices are mad.
Im one for hunting the yellow stickers and I saw the cake jars for £1.40 which is my kind of price lol

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I swear their stuff is getting more expensive every week. £5 for those eclairs £4 for the tiny cake jars. Their food is nice but Jesus Christ 😂 the prices are mad.
Im one for hunting the yellow stickers and I saw the cake jars for £1.40 which is my kind of price lol
sometimes even with the yellow stickers its still expensive :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
sometimes even with the yellow stickers its still expensive :ROFLMAO:
yeah so true. My local store the reductions are generally crap 😂 it’s quite a small one so maybe it differs by store.

One of the best things they sell are the chilli and cheese hot cross buns I can eat all four in a day 😂

Reactions: 5
Things I usually buy are Mac & Cheese, veg moussaka, spinach & pine kernel pasta salad, San Fran sourdough, haas avocados (always perfectly ripe in M&S!) and Percy Pigs!

Reactions: 3
They once had a mac and cheese with lobster it was delicious but they only had it for a while.:(

Reactions: 4
Not food (sorry) but I'm forever sticking plants in my trolley. If you're into house plants they're great.

Reactions: 6
I can't go into an M&S without buying one of the bags of Giant Salted Pretzels & the Mint Truffle Bar (i buy a few & hide them in the Salad drawer in the Fridge, defo safe from Husband & Kids in there!) I bought one of the Colin Cake Jars for my friend for her Birthday & she said it was delicious. However, i find Colin a little too dry & prefer the Tesco version. I am aware that is a very bold statement !

Also, the Lasagne Dip they did at Xmas was amazing ! Sadly we've now finished the 6 i stockpiled in the Freezer - that needs to become a regular item.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Instead of the Colin cake jar they should have just bought out a smaller Colin. Like a quarter of the size so I can eat the whole thing. I’m not gonna buy a big one and eat it to myself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Their best ever steak pie really is the best pie ever.. to die for. That chocolate eclair makes me want to sack off my diet immediately 😂 wowwww

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Their chocolate mini whips are my favourite 😋 there is an M&S food near my work and I'll pop in for a bag when I'm having a stressful day, or a good day or any other excuse 😂 and eat a whole bag in one go

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.