M&S Food #9 Christmas is coming and the prices are getting fat, plz put some good offers in the sparks app!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just been watching a girl on You Tube who was recommended to buy the filled Yorkshire puddings with Sunday roast inside - either beef or the chicken, stuffing and sausage She had it with creamed spinach, cauliflower cheese and the cranberry, apple and Clementine stuffing mix.
For lunch she made brie, cranberry and bacon toastie with stuff from M and S including the farmhouse loaf. I was dribbling by this point and ready to pack my bags and move into hers. 😋😁
Later on she made an apple loaf cake with a caramel glaze.
She hasn't given the recipe but she does seem to use is it Jane's Patisserie? recipes from memory.

On another subject Lidl's chickens seem to be the same price as M and S's. Aldi's whole chicken didn't look as good as these and seemed more expensive so I'm coming round to the idea that M and S stuff isn't as expensive as people think.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I tried M&S baked beans today for the first time and I loved them! Only ever been a Heniz beans girl but I’m converted. I also found where my store hides the good Garlic bread, it’s not in a freezer by the bakery but in fact in a freezer next to the self serve tills - I have one in the oven now and it smells incredible!
Quoting myself here .. the garlic bread is insane!! Going to grab a couple of loaves for the freezer so I’ve always got one handy, thanks so much to you all for recommending them!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Quoting myself here .. the garlic bread is insane!! Going to grab a couple of loaves for the freezer so I’ve always got one handy, thanks so much to you all for recommending them!
How long did you cook it for? I followed the instructions and it was hard as a rock 😭😭 was devastating 😂

I’ve got some free jazz apples and Percy pigs! Chuffed

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I'm coming round to the idea that M and S stuff isn't as expensive as people think.
I've been on butter watch between Lidl and M&S for months. Up until 2 weeks ago basic own brand salted block butter was £1.99 (LIdl) and £1.75 (M&S). As of last week I noted £2.20 (LIdl) and £1.99 (M&S). Today I went to Aldi and their own one was £2.00. I bought two and put them in the freezer as they're likely to cost eleventy-billion pounds next week.

How long did you cook it for? I followed the instructions and it was hard as a rock 😭😭 was devastating 😂
I'm so sorry for laughing. I would feel as devastated but I love your delivery and imagining your sad face. God, I would be raging and snivelling all over the shop. 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

I’ve got some free jazz apples and Percy pigs! Chuffed
I do think the cooking instructions are a bit wrong. It says the baguette garlic bread should be cooked for 25 minutes but I've cut it down to about 18. I'm not that tempted by the boule garlic bread but if it was the only choice, I'd buy it.

Reactions: 1
I do think the cooking instructions are a bit wrong. It says the baguette garlic bread should be cooked for 25 minutes but I've cut it down to about 18. I'm not that tempted by the boule garlic bread but if it was the only choice, I'd buy it.
Ah I’ve not tried the baguette only the boule - 45 minutes was recommended cooking time 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Woo hoo got a free pastry (about bloody time!) and 20% off womens tops and knickers which is handy as I need some new tops.

Ah I’ve not tried the baguette only the boule - 45 minutes was recommended cooking time 🥴
This may be controversial but I usually wrap frozen garlic bread up in tinfoil for the first half of cooking time and open it up to brown at the end, keeps the inside nice and fluffy from the steam

Reactions: 14
Got my free load of bread last night but they wouldn't let me have the Christmas tree yumnut as the other free treat. I said to them that in the T&Cs it just says "yumnut" with no mention of "not the Christmas one" but they weren't budging. Don't fancy any of the others, I wanted to try the Christmas one.
It worked via the self checkout for me, if its any constellation it didn't taste very good.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
This may be controversial but I usually wrap frozen garlic bread up in tinfoil for the first half of cooking time and open it up to brown at the end, keeps the inside nice and fluffy from the steam
Thanks for the tip. I’ve also over cooked the garlic bread, still got one in the freezer so will try this next time.

Reactions: 4
I put the boule in the oven last night, after ten mins could smell burning, opened the oven, I’d only put it onto grill setting 😡😫😂 waited so long to try it as well

I’ve got the Thai takeaway box for tea tonight. I’ve just ate two chocolate eclairs one after the other 🙈

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m sure most of you probably know this but I’ve discovered a dupe for the White Company Winter candles / home fragrances - the M&S Mandarin, Clove and Cinnamon range. It’s not exact but definitely scratches the same itch for me (at a fraction of the price)….
I buy these every year, they’re the smell of Christmas for me. Just bought 3 £10 ones with a gift voucher I found. Can’t wait till December!

• Wow
I picked up my free Percies on Thursday and noticed the offer was still on my card so I tried my luck today…another free 400g bag! Winner winner Percy Pigs for dinner 😂🐷
I got the first bag after the code was shared but I can't reuse it like others can, for some reason.
It takes me to my sparks page but the offer to add another bag isn't there.

I got the first bag after the code was shared but I can't reuse it like others can, for some reason.
It takes me to my sparks page but the offer to add another bag isn't there.
apparently you can use it every 30 days. So worth trying again once a month has passed since you used it

Reactions: 2
So I’ve never managed to find the cheesy fangs. Given up trying now, obviously. Also can’t ever find the big bags of Percy pigs, I don’t think my store does them.

But I did find something today which I’m pretty sure eclipses both of those things….

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So I’ve never managed to find the cheesy fangs. Given up trying now, obviously. Also can’t ever find the big bags of Percy pigs, I don’t think my store does them.

But I did find something today which I’m pretty sure eclipses both of those things….
OMG!! I need these in my life!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.