M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For anyone who needs this information; you don’t have to buy two valentines meals, you can buy everything individually so if there’s two desserts you like just buy the two desserts ❤
Having just consumed 2 of the macarons… I can confirm this is correct. They were really good, full of jammy goodness

Reactions: 3
I tried the alizza fruit today. Had no idea what it was but expected big things for £1.50 but it was pretty bland. Watery, some sweetness with a hint of white grapefruit. Disappointing, like when you get a tasteless satsuma.

Tasted it blind but now looked up and it's supposed to be a cross between a tangerine and a pomelo.

Maybe I got a bad one, but wouldn't buy this self declared ultimate queen of citrus fruits again. Least sparks gave me %15 off fruit

PSX_20220212_181805.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Managed to snag the last pack of cheese hot cross buns today. There were none on the shelf but then I spotted one lonely packet that someone must have put back in the wrong place.
I couldn’t get near the Valentines meal deal, it was so so busy in there today.

I went to two different stores and there was queues to look at Valentine's things, busier than Christmas!

I really take my hat off to M&S marketing, I am putty in their hands.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
For anyone who needs this information; you don’t have to buy two valentines meals, you can buy everything individually so if there’s two desserts you like just buy the two desserts ❤
I contemplated it but it would have cost more than the deal price to buy the couple of extras I wanted

Reactions: 1
Picked up the blonde chocolate salted caramel hot cross buns, excited to try! And can’t beat the salt and vinegar combo mix with a glass of wine! 😋

Thanks to everyone who gave me tips how to eat the grill halloumi - it was amazing, and everything was from M&S actually :) - tomatoes, pitta, chilli hummus... top marks, I will have this again for sure!

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 21.33.13.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The valentine's meal deal is very popular, but those individual prices seem really inflated. £4.50 for two large heart shaped macarons 😳

The only veggie option for the main is the aubergine steak which is pretty tit as it's it's not really a filling main and is low in protein so wouldn't be a complete meal. Weird as they have so much decent veggie and vegan stuff that they could have packaged to go in the deal.

Reactions: 7
The valentine's meal deal is very popular, but those individual prices seem really inflated. £4.50 for two large heart shaped macarons 😳
I agree. Also the cheesecake slices were tiny I thought. They seemed much smaller than the other two portioned cheesecake slices they sell. I've just had a quick google and they are smaller. The SVD ones - nutty chocolate - are 80g per slice whereas the NY cheesecake slices are 96g each; triple choc 92g each slice; lemon mascarpone 97g each etc.

Okay - hear me out.
Life long lover of the onion rings and finally got my hand on a pack today after god only knows how long!
They taste SO different! Even have a a very slightly different texture and I’m just not sure!?

Anyone else think this!?

If I have multiple sparks offers such as 10% off meat and then 15% off bread can I use them all in one shop?

Popped in yesterday as I was in town anyway and clearly picked the wrong time as the place was heaving.

Bought the cherry and blueberry puddings which was delicious, unfortunately my husband spotted the second one when he got in from work, I was hoping he’d miss it so I could have it later 😅 Also a mojito can which was nice but not keen on the price, having said that I rarely drink so may get one now and then.

I’ve also got their version of mini eggs hidden in the fridge to have tonight too 😂

Popped in yesterday as I was in town anyway and clearly picked the wrong time as the place was heaving.

Bought the cherry and blueberry puddings which was delicious, unfortunately my husband spotted the second one when he got in from work, I was hoping he’d miss it so I could have it later 😅 Also a mojito can which was nice but not keen on the price, having said that I rarely drink so may get one now and then.

I’ve also got their version of mini eggs hidden in the fridge to have tonight too 😂
You could try the Aldi version at 85p. It certainly made me appreciate the £2 M&S mojito

You could try the Aldi version at 85p. It certainly made me appreciate the £2 M&S mojito
The Aldi one only has 1 measure of spirit whereas the M & S one has 2 but they are both 250mls so the taste is going to be different. Looked at the ingredients and they are basically the same.

Filled up my basket with the valentines’s deal (battering couples out of that way who were pondering the meaning of life whilst blocking the tiny Valentine’s display 😂) and I have to say I found the starters disappointing - I’m by no means a fussy eater but I couldn’t find one that I would actually eat. The cashier was lamenting the same thing and we were laughing about how lowbrow we must both be ☺ The rest of it didn’t disappoint though and the steaks with peppercorn sauce were amazing!

Reactions: 4
The starters on the valentines meal deal are the worst! I got the Camembert one and even that sounds vile what’s wrong with some potato skins or something?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.