M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I popped in today, thought I'd pick up my favourite king prawn bhuna but its gone up to £4.75. Shocked and disappointed 😱

May have always been that price and I've never noticed but seemed alot for a curry for one so I left it.
(It probably says serves 2 but I eat the lot 🐷)

Reactions: 4
I am SO glad to see I am not the only person who couldn't decide what they wanted from the Meal Deal and got two. I was going to tell the cashier a set was for my parents but I 'fessed up in the end 😂

I got:
- Duck Parfait and Cheese & Leek Souffles.
- Chicken Pie and Chicken Parm
- Mac & Cheese and Dauphinoise
- Billionaires Pots and Nuts About You Cheesecake

I could have got the deal four times over as I really wanted the lamb and the salmon en croute looks to die for but OH isn't a fan of salmon and the lamb would be gone in a bite! Everything nicely themed, for example, didn't expect the en-croute to be heart shaped.

Picked up a few other bit including Golden Blonde Hot Cross buns.

How could I resist these?!

View attachment 1054879

And I thought these were super cute and kind of regret not getting them:
View attachment 1054880

If I was to happen to go back tomorrow after work what sauce would you guys recommend for the ravioli? Would it only go with a red sauce or could I get away with a cheese one?
Did you get 10% off by spending more than £30 on Valetine goods, I had an email this morning saying this is now so.

Bought the Count on Us fish pie for my hubby yesterday and he said it was the best fish pie he has ever had from a shop.

Reactions: 1
Did you get 10% off by spending more than £30 on Valetine goods, I had an email this morning saying this is now so.

Bought the Count on Us fish pie for my hubby yesterday and he said it was the best fish pie he has ever had from a shop.
I didn't actually! I just double checked receipt and saved £16 from Meal Deals. I 'only' spent £25 total on the other goodies though so maybe Valentine's excluded?

Interesting on the fish pie! I don't rate the Gastro Fish Pie so would like to see what I make of the Count on Us one. My personal fave store bought FIsh Pie is Charlie Bingham's!

Reactions: 3

I didn't get this either.

I only spent a tenner over the 2 dine in deals on the lobe sausage, crumpets and rolls so I guess it excludes the meal deals?

I didn't get this either.

I only spent a tenner over the 2 dine in deals on the lobe sausage, crumpets and rolls so I guess it excludes the meal deals?
It says Valentine Foodie gifts so wondered if would include the meal deals.

I am SO glad to see I am not the only person who couldn't decide what they wanted from the Meal Deal and got two. I was going to tell the cashier a set was for my parents but I 'fessed up in the end 😂

I got:

I could have got the deal four times over as I really wanted the lamb and the salmon en croute looks to die for but OH isn't a fan of salmon and the lamb would be gone in a bite! Everything nicely themed, for example, didn't expect the en-croute to be heart shaped.

View attachment 1054879

View attachment 1054880

If I was to happen to go back tomorrow after work what sauce would you guys recommend for the ravioli? Would it only go with a red sauce or could I get away with a cheese one?
Those ravioli have got everything in them so I’d probably serve them just in some sage-y/herby butter, maybe with some toasted pine nuts. That way you can still see the shape and colour.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I got:

View attachment 1054879

View attachment 1054880

Goodness! I didn't see those ravioli when I went today but they do look a bit like unidentified human organs. So sorry! I'm sure they'll taste lovely.

I bought the dine in: leek tarts, chicken pie, dauphonoise and nutty cheesecake, prosecco. I also picked up the Big daddy, blonde spread, blonde hot cross buns, french salt crystal butter, cheese pave loaf, the best chicken kievs, duck eggs, bottle of sauvignon blanc. I used the £5 off a £40 spend, had a £50 voucher from work so I've ended up £1.50 in credit.

I declined to use my 30% off a pair of clodhopper loafers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Goodness! I didn't see those ravioli when I went today but they do look a bit like unidentified human organs. So sorry! I'm sure they'll taste lovely.

I bought the dine in: leek tarts, chicken pie, dauphonoise and nutty cheesecake, prosecco. I also picked up the Big daddy, blonde spread, blonde hot cross buns, french salt crystal butter, cheese pave loaf, the best chicken kievs, duck eggs, bottle of sauvignon blanc. I used the £5 off a £40 spend, had a £50 voucher from work so I've ended up £1.50 in credit.

I declined to use my 30% off a pair of clodhopper loafers 😂
Nice haul

Yes I'm pleased though now I've got to stop myself from eating all the sweet things in one day! I just remembered I also bought the cheesy hot cross buns too.

We had the banana puddings from the Valentines deal last night (just as a treat, we have another full dine in for tomorrow…) and oh my life I would recommend! I’m not really a sweet person but would absolutely recommend - they were beautiful! 😍

Reactions: 6
I didn't actually! I just double checked receipt and saved £16 from Meal Deals. I 'only' spent £25 total on the other goodies though so maybe Valentine's excluded?

Interesting on the fish pie! I don't rate the Gastro Fish Pie so would like to see what I make of the Count on Us one. My personal fave store bought FIsh Pie is Charlie Bingham's!
I was going to say that, Charlie Bigham’s fish pie is genuinely one of the nicest shop bought meals I’ve ever eaten

Reactions: 2
I was going to say that, Charlie Bigham’s fish pie is genuinely one of the nicest shop bought meals I’ve ever eaten
I have googled it this afternoon and nobody sells them where we live - will have to get our son to bring one when he comes from civilisation. :LOL: At least we will soon have a decent M & S.

I have googled it this afternoon and nobody sells them where we live - will have to get our son to bring one when he comes from civilisation. :LOL: At least we will soon have a decent M & S.
Don't you have Tesco or Sainsbury's? They stock Charles Bingham.

I find all the Charlie Bingham savoury products way too salty so if like me you don't add salt to your food, avoid

Finally tried the golden blonde milkshake and I prefer the salted caramel oatshake. Much tastier. Is the blonde spread worth getting?

I like it too but it's very sweet. I had it on a crumpet but I think it would be lovely on a rice cake, although the calories in the spread will completely outweigh the good intentions of eating a rice cake 😂

• Haha
For anyone who needs this information; you don’t have to buy two valentines meals, you can buy everything individually so if there’s two desserts you like just buy the two desserts ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.