M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those valentine's Colin's are £1 less than the normal one but half the size. Even at 2 for £10 they're bad value.

M&S charge so much extra for the special Colin's. I think they want to raise the normal one (as they have been raising all of their prices) but feel they can't with all the attention it got for being sold for £7 Vs Aldi's £5 Cuthbert.

View attachment 1047569
It's bonkers that they are basically the same cake (just half the size) the only change being the pink love hearts and slightly different faces, and a heightened price tag. But not even bothered making them two different flavours or anything like that!

But their research must have told them that people will pay more for a smaller valentines "special edition" otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Reactions: 2
Popped into M&S to use some of my sparks offers. I saw the golden blonde hot x buns but decided to go for the extremely chocolatey ones instead and was pleasantly surprised to find my 15% of bakery items was valid. Assumed it was just for their bakery counter items.

Saw the onion rings so had to pick them up, consider me influenced as not something I’d get normally.

£1 off the £7 deli stuff so got the hog roast sausage rolls, harissa lamb parcels and some cooked chicken thighs.

Lastly I had 15% off M&S wine. I assumed this would be off a single bottle but I bought two anyway as wanted one for a gift. The 15% came off both! Wish I’d got more 🤣

Reactions: 1
I'm finally happy with the sparks card. Saved around £20 on today's shop.

20% off knitware
30% off shoes which might have been an instore only promotion.
15% of sandwiches - which surprisingly still worked when I only bought seeded bread.
15% off cakes which included yumnuts.

Reactions: 4
Popped into M&S to use some of my sparks offers. I saw the golden blonde hot x buns but decided to go for the extremely chocolatey ones instead and was pleasantly surprised to find my 15% of bakery items was valid. Assumed it was just for their bakery counter items.

Saw the onion rings so had to pick them up, consider me influenced as not something I’d get normally.

£1 off the £7 deli stuff so got the hog roast sausage rolls, harissa lamb parcels and some cooked chicken thighs.

Lastly I had 15% off M&S wine. I assumed this would be off a single bottle but I bought two anyway as wanted one for a gift. The 15% came off both! Wish I’d got more 🤣
Yes I found that when I bought my millionaire brownie bites, was delighted, wish I’d bought more 😂

got a £5 voucher with my m&s credit card and some good vouchers which we’ll use, will be using that this weekend!

Reactions: 3
Yes I found that when I bought my millionaire brownie bites, was delighted, wish I’d bought more 😂

got a £5 voucher with my m&s credit card and some good vouchers which we’ll use, will be using that this weekend!
I just opened today's mail and I had £7 of vouchers plus the added points vouchers. Now got £20 worth but just noticed I have to use £8 of them before August as they have been in the back of my purse for ages. Think I might buy some Mojito cans tomorrow.
:LOL:

• Haha
I just opened today's mail and I had £7 of vouchers plus the added points vouchers. Now got £20 worth but just noticed I have to use £8 of them before August as they have been in the back of my purse for ages. Think I might buy some Mojito cans tomorrow.
:LOL:
The cocktail cans are always a good shout 😂

Reactions: 2
My M&S had a stack of Vegan Hot Cross buns on yellow sticker yesterday so I picked up a pack. The eggs, butter & milk is substituted for Avocado & Coconut oil. I was sceptical but for £1.14 I thought it was worth a go. Just eating one now, toasted & can confirm they are delicious & I can’t taste the difference to normal Hot Cross Buns. Definitely worth picking up again if they are on yellow sticker.

Also want to congratulate myself for not picking up a packet of the Spiced Ice Buns & eating both myself on the sly!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
Anyone planning on the Valentine's Meal Deal?

Got my eye on quite a few things from it!

I'm impressed!

Marks and Spencer Dine In | M&S

I am torn between the Leek & Cheese Souffle Tarts and the Duck Parfait to start, then the chicken pie, chicken parm or lamb as a main. Gotta be dauphinoise as the side and the profiteroles as dessert though!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Unfortunately for my OH, the love sausage will not be making it's way into my 'basket' 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Had a nose at the dine in earlier - allll the desserts look delicious, I’m not excited about the starters, the lamb rack is too small for us (we’re piggies) but the duck breasts and steak looked good. I didn’t have my ID on me so didn’t buy cos I wanted the Prosecco to go with.

Picked up some of the cheese hot cross buns though, going to try them as a breakfast roll with bacon at the weekend.

Definitely want the love sausage and rhe dine in pie.

Going to pop there at lunch tomorrow

Reactions: 1
I had the golden blonde buns yesterday, found them too sweet tbh :confused: if anyone can recommend any other hot cross buns without raisins / sultanas, I will be grateful.

Thanks to this thread I have two packs of grill halloumi in my fridge - one from the chilled section (with pesto) and one from the Tex Mex deal. How do you eat those, I mean, what with? :D I would love to make a proper meal out of it but not sure what to have alongside the skewers?
slap it on a butty seriously with some rocket and sliced tomato

I seen the love sausage is back 😂 don’t know if it’s in their meal deal though
please tell me thats not a euphemism

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't have Sparks (and by the sound of it it's not really worth getting?) but I do have the M&S credit card and I also got my rewards the other day... I knew I was due a 10 quid voucher because I downloaded the banking app, but I also got another 13 so in total 23 pounds worth of vouchers, very nice!

I also have access to a cashback scheme via my job, they are offering 6% on digital vouchers for M&S purchases so I will try and estimate my spend with them every month (I only shop for food there), get the vouchers and will start to pay that way... unlike other retailers, I don't think it will make me spend more than I otherwise would, but I shall see.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.