M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random but does anyone know if they’re bringing back the ham and truffle egg sandwich they did for Xmas last year??

I’ll keep an eye out for that truffle sandwich. I’ve had the Christmas turkey sandwych twice already. It’s delicious. I also saw but haven’t tried the Boxing Day triple sandwich box. It has the Wensleydale and carrot sandwich in it, with a festive twist. I know some fans of that sandwich on here, mourning its absence. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 4
Random but does anyone know if they’re bringing back the ham and truffle egg sandwich they did for Xmas last year??
There’s a page in the M&S Christmas magazine with the Christmas sandwiches in it, and it wasn’t in there 🙁

Got my husband a mince pie custard danish from the bakery - declared “alright”😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I've finally caught up on here. I'm gutted I didn't get to try the pumpkin spice loaf and I still haven't recovered from there being no beef or chicken filled yorkshires last week when I had a stinking hangover and really needed one.

• Heart
  • Sad
Even though I hate gerkins I'm going to buy the beef spring rolls and give them a try. If I don't like them the OH will eat them. 😊

Even though I hate gerkins I'm going to buy the beef spring rolls and give them a try. If I don't like them the OH will eat them. 😊
They are really good and the gherkin flavour is mainly in the sauce, I didn’t see any inside the actual rolls. I did inhale them though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Every time I go in and something is out of stock, I blame you lot! If you ever hear a madwoman in front of an empty shelf muttering "bloody tattlers", you'll know it's me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m excited to see what you make of them. I know you’ve been tempted. As I said they would go well with other things to dip into if you wanted to swerve the burger sauce.

Reactions: 2
I picked up the mince pie and custard danishes from the bakery bit this morning, omg they’re amazing and only £1 which I think is good! Also got some Christmas sandwiches, the pigs in blankets one and the new spicy turkey and slaw in a brioche bun. Was hoping for the mac and cheese toastie but they were sold out 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just got home from popping to M&S. I got 2 packets of cruncher cornish cheese biscuits, a box of chocolate biscuits and a box of shortbread biscuits (xmas gifts) I also managed to get a Turkey feast sandwich reduced to £2 and I must say its a taste sensation:love:. I got the Beef burger spring rolls, I wanted to get 4 for the price of 3 on the party food but they didn't have much left so I just got the spring rolls, I'll go back another day and see if they have more stock.

Could you report back on the party food please. I’ve had the burger spring rolls and we got some mini chicken Kiev’s at the same time that are in the freezer. Just considering buying some more bits before Christmas for when people come over. Particularly interested in the mini battered sausages!
We had them last night and my thoughts are -
Mini Kiev’s - nice but the garlic could be stronger 8/10
Brie and cranberry tartlets - they were ok once cooled down but I wouldn’t buy these again 6/10
Burger spring rolls - surprisingly really liked these and the burger sauce dip was really nice too 9/10
Mini battered sausages and curry sauce - these were my favourites! The batter has a salt and vinegar taste so it’s got a chip shop flavour, the curry sauce was so nice too and I’ll definitely buy these again for Christmas 10/10

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Had a good yellow sticker haul in M&S today and also had quite possibly one of the best sandwiches from their Christmas range ..

I got some Percy pig marshmallow bites for £1.67 , some custard slices for £1.30 (husbands favourite) , 2 of the gastropub pies (chicken and leek) for £3.20 each and some truffle mash for £3.50 .. all go off today but the pies and mash are what we’ll have for dinner tonight ! Yum !

really recommend the sandwich I had too .. it was this one

708D1639-2471-4E67-8B64-307E08B037FF.jpeg

I was worried it was going to be spicy but it was actually pretty mild and I’m quite a wimp but so flavoursome !! 😍 what i imagine Xmas dinner at Nando’s would be !

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We had them last night and my thoughts are -
Mini Kiev’s - nice but the garlic could be stronger 8/10
Brie and cranberry tartlets - they were ok once cooled down but I wouldn’t buy these again 6/10
Burger spring rolls - surprisingly really liked these and the burger sauce dip was really nice too 9/10
Mini battered sausages and curry sauce - these were my favourites! The batter has a salt and vinegar taste so it’s got a chip shop flavour, the curry sauce was so nice too and I’ll definitely buy these again for Christmas 10/10
Thanks so much for sharing! The battered sausages will be mine 😋

My annoyance about almost all Christmas sandwiches is they stick bloody cranberry sauce in them. I hate sweet and savoury foods mixed together, and the sweetness just ruins all the other flavours 🤬

Thanks so much for sharing! The battered sausages will be mine 😋

My annoyance about almost all Christmas sandwiches is they stick bloody cranberry sauce in them. I hate sweet and savoury foods mixed together, and the sweetness just ruins all the other flavours 🤬
I usually like a Brie and cranberry sandwich but these tartlets were so underwhelming. Get 2 boxes of the mini battered sausages, my husband was annoyed there wasn’t any more, they are so moreish 😂

• Haha
I usually like a Brie and cranberry sandwich but these tartlets were so underwhelming. Get 2 boxes of the mini battered sausages, my husband was annoyed there wasn’t any more, they are so moreish 😂
I saw them today but the price put me off 🤣

• Haha
I really wanted to try the battered sausages but my boyfriend vetoed them, I’ve just said they have curry sauce with them so we’ll give them a whirl next time we go to marks!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.