M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On my last pumpkin cake after purchasing 4 last week. It goes off tomorrow and I’m devastated. So much so that I’ve halved it, warmed it up slightly, and paired it with half a tub of Haagen-Daz pralines and cream ice cream. It’s a match made in heaven.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
If anyone is in Paisley way then there is the biggest M&S food hall I’ve ever been in. Was working near it today and just had to visit, can’t wait to go back for a proper shop.
Managed to get the plant kitchen no beef tiger roll 😻😻😻 so nice, lots of mustard and the bread really soft

Reactions: 5
On my last pumpkin cake after purchasing 4 last week. It goes off tomorrow and I’m devastated. So much so that I’ve halved it, warmed it up slightly, and paired it with half a tub of Haagen-Daz pralines and cream ice cream. It’s a match made in heaven.
Oh my god 😍 I don’t know if anyone’s had the salted caramel M&S own ice cream but it also sounds like it would pair nicely with the pumpkin cake too !

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ocado is still selling them.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The bramley apple hot cross buns have become a weekly buy. Absolutely delicious with thick butter and a cup of tea. 😋

A lot of sweet products being talked about here haha. Are there any savoury products that are great?
To be fair, I do enjoy their ready meals. They do some good ones.

Reactions: 3
Just eaten the beef spring rolls. They are nice and you cant taste the gerkin but I wasn't keen on the dipping sauce.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A lot of sweet products being talked about here haha. Are there any savoury products that are great?
To be fair, I do enjoy their ready meals. They do some good ones.
I try not to eat ready meals that often (fail ..) but their newish pasta meals (the ones in the clear dishes) are good. There’s a spinach and ricotta shell thing that’s really lovely, and my partner loves their carbonara. The mushroom one was good too. We also quite liked their Japanese £10 box, but don’t rate their Indian food - that feels like it’s really gone downhill which is a shame as it used to be a fairly regular treat for us.

something that seems to fly below the radar…. Cheese and caramelised onion rolls, they’re just like the higgidy ones but larger. I often buy them as a fridge snack or for picnics
Yeah cheese rolls are nice. I prefer cheese rolls to sausage ones most of the time.

Reactions: 1
My brother took me to this shop thats just opened close to us, they sell food from all sorts of shops that they haven't sold. You can only get in with a blue light card (?) I saw this and let me tell you I grabbed it off the shelf after seeing the raving reviews on here. 90p you can't go wrong!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
My brother took me to this shop thats just opened close to us, they sell food from all sorts of shops that they haven't sold. You can only get in with a blue light card (?) I saw this and let me tell you I grabbed it off the shelf after seeing the raving reviews on here. 90p you can't go wrong!
Yes the people who have the cards and are allowed in sometimes get guest passes I was given one once and got all kinds of random stuff and needed seriously willpower on the sweet aisle

I reminded me of how home bargains/b&m were in the olden days random almost out of life mega bargains but this place includes fresh fridge foods too

god I wish I hadn’t had that thought those shops I’ve just mentioned really have changed

Reactions: 4
Got the cheese twists today - Two packets for £2 which seemed pretty good
Also the mini sticky toffee puddings
And chicken breasts with leak and bacon, can't remember the sauce

Reactions: 4
I’ve tried the turkey sandwich and the pigs in blankets sandwich. Both delicious. I’m on the hunt for the Xmas roll now.

Iv had the chicken with Christmas coleslaw and the vegan beef wellington roll, wasn’t really impressed with either 🙁

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.