M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies for talking about Waitrose, but does anybody know if the Cornish cruncher cheese is similar or the same as this one from Waitrose?

Nutritional info looks the same - calorie count per 100g identical anyway

Reactions: 1
Apologies for talking about Waitrose, but does anybody know if the Cornish cruncher cheese is similar or the same as this one from Waitrose?

A bit stupid to say, but it looks better from the packaging - it's a 7 not a 6 like cornish cruncher extra mature and is matured for a 1 year longer. I want 😋

Reactions: 3
Hello you lovely lot, I have avoided this thread as I suffer terribly from FOMO and it's costly but I dipped in earlier today and am now the proud owner of a Pumpkin Spice Loaf, which I am not sure will see Halloween. Couldn't resist the Pumpkin Yumnuts either.

No mac and cheese toasties to be seen though.

Anyone know how long the US meal deal will run for? Wanted to pick it up for a special Bonfire Night tea but too far away for the coleslaw and salad to last.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just tried the pumpkin loaf 😋😋 safe to say I will be going back tomorrow for more! I’m pregnant so have the excuse to eat a whole one to myself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hello you lovely lot, I have avoided this thread as I suffer terribly from FOMO and it's costly but I dipped in earlier today and am now the proud owner of a Pumpkin Spice Loaf, which I am not sure will see Halloween. Couldn't resist the Pumpkin Yumnuts either.

No mac and cheese toasties to be seen though.

Anyone know how long the US meal deal will run for? Wanted to pick it up for a special Bonfire Night tea but too far away for the coleslaw and salad to last.
Ooh good shout on the bonfire night idea. We’ve got my parents staying that weekend so could be a good shout.

I’d say same question about the pumpkin loaf, wonder if they’ll still have that next weekend

Reactions: 2
Ooh good shout on the bonfire night idea. We’ve got my parents staying that weekend so could be a good shout.

I’d say same question about the pumpkin loaf, wonder if they’ll still have that next weekend
I doubt it I think as soon as Oct is over the Pumpkin loaf will be gone. :cry:

• Sad
A bit stupid to say, but it looks better from the packaging - it's a 7 not a 6 like cornish cruncher extra mature and is matured for a 1 year longer. I want 😋

Waitrose have a 6 one and a 7 one, both the same price. The 7 one is harder to find in my experience. I like them both.

I don't know if those cheese strengths are comparable between different stores. I've always assumed they are just made up rather than some global standard for cheese strength but I could be wrong.

1635438712687.png
1635438728970.png

I don't think there's a standard for the numbers, but the Waitrose 7 is matured for an extra whole year so would figure that it's stonger. Will try soon and report back! Lidl do some British mature regional cheddar and I think the Scottish is 6 while the Welsh and English is 5.

----

I don't really rate the kissabel apples from m&s. Either average tasting or bland, the red flesh is kinda cool but it's style over substance.

I haven’t been to M&S in weeks! My bank balance is grateful 😅

I really hope the pumpkin spice loaf is in next week!

• Haha

The expiry date on my pumpkin loaf is 4th Nov so you might get lucky if you pop in this weekend and find one with a decent life.

I dithered over placing my Christmas order and now I've missed the sprout gratin!

Waitrose have a 6 one and a 7 one, both the same price. The 7 one is harder to find in my experience. I like them both.

I don't know if those cheese strengths are comparable between different stores. I've always assumed they are just made up rather than some global standard for cheese strength but I could be wrong.

View attachment 833652View attachment 833653
I tried both the other week and I didn't think there was much detectable difference

The expiry date on my pumpkin loaf is 4th Nov so you might get lucky if you pop in this weekend and find one with a decent life.

I dithered over placing my Christmas order and now I've missed the sprout gratin!
My ones are the 9th so I think we'll be ok for a bit. I can't see them being reduced as they'll all be gone because of this thread :ROFLMAO: They are off the scale delicious, I'm going to get some more when I go and get petrol tomorrow 😇

I was in M&S today and reached for the pumpkin loaf but didn't buy it! Big regrets now! I was, however, in M&S for birthday cake and cake out with the cookie dough birthday cake which looks pretty immense and spent £15 on Colin mini rolls for the kid to take to school on their birthday 😤

RE the Cornish cruncher cheese

The Waitrose and M&S will likely be made in the same creamery(I can’t see there being an individual creamery for each supermarket) but perhaps a slight different specification. So they likely are the same thing in different packaging.

I don't really rate the kissabel apples from m&s. Either average tasting or bland, the red flesh is kinda cool but it's style over substance.
Agree, found them tasteless and the skin really tough 😔 disappointing!

I am loving all of the pumpkin loaf purchases. I can confirm I did not buy six of them today, but wish I had.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has anyone tried the M&S 3 year cruncher?
So they do have a number 7, three year Cornish cheddar also 🤣. Probably exactly the same as the Waitrose one, although the m&s one is significantly higher in price per gram.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.