M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving the look of the Xmas gin bottles again this year. They are sparkly globes like last year. One flavour is Clementine with edible gold leaf glitter. Another is spiced sugar plum with edible silver leaf glitter. Both cost £20 each. Great Xmas presents, but I might also treat myself too. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
got a £20voucher as a leaving present from work, debating what to buy to treat myself for the weekend, suggestions welcome!

Reactions: 4
Anybody having problems gettting into M & S website. I signed out myself to sign in my husband's Sparks card and it won't let me sign in again on either browser we use. All I am getting is Sorry, something went wrong.

Verdict on the hollandaise sauce....nothing special, was so excited for my scrambled egg on gf sourdough with hollandaise....even dreamt about it last night .....

2/10, pretty tasteless, wouldn't buy again

• Sad
Reactions: 2
They've announced they won't be doing Christmas and New Year food to order in the Republic of Ireland this year due to Brexit (supply chain fears etc).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
These look good! Anyone seen/tried them?

View attachment 765013
tried the cookie dough ones. I didn’t like them, they had a weird perfumed taste that when I looked at the ingredients turned out to be apricot jam/purée. And it wasn’t just me either my 7 year old ate one too and a week later they are still on the top in the pot.Really disappointed as we love the cookie dough balls in the bags.

• Sad
I’m just home from a good shop at M&S! Got myself the chocolate orange cake pot again as I can’t stop thinking about it 😅 also stocked up on some salt n pepper chicken it’s in the Chinese cuisine section if you haven’t tried it it’s lovely and if you get it on yellow sticker it’s really good because you can freeze it and it only takes 15 mins to cook from frozen! I serve it with their microwave rice , chop a few bell peppers grate some carrot and a portion of mayflower curry! It’s so good for a fakeaway treat!

Reactions: 9
Verdict on the hollandaise sauce....nothing special, was so excited for my scrambled egg on gf sourdough with hollandaise....even dreamt about it last night .....

If you’re interested I can share with you a really simple recipe for Hollandaise that is quick and fool-proof, you just need a stick blender and the ingredients. Takes less than 5 mins to make.

If you’re interested I can share with you a really simple recipe for Hollandaise that is quick and fool-proof, you just need a stick blender and the ingredients. Takes less than 5 mins to make.
I've got a microwave one that I used in the coffee shop I owned

If you’re up for making it yourself Delia’s blender hollandaise is really good and really easy (if you have a blender!)

Decided to treat myself to a cake jar earlier and went lemon as I LOVE lemon cake.....

I am still gagging at how sickly it was and couldn't finish it 🤣🙈

after the most hideous week at work this week I decided to stop at M&S on my way home yesterday. I am not ashamed to admit I bought the chocolate and orange cake jar and ate it in my car before going into my house. No chance was I sharing that with anyone and it was either the cake or a few bottles of wine!
I can confirm it was a 10/10

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Decided to treat myself to a cake jar earlier and went lemon as I LOVE lemon cake.....

Awww that’s a shame 😕 I loved the lemon one it’s my fave!! I find them all quite sickly and filling heavy except lemon and choc orange!!

I like cake with vanilla ice cream. Maybe that would offset some of the sickliness. Or, frozen yogurt.

Reactions: 4
Just tried the Katsu chicken sushi pack oh my it was delicious!! Not usually a fan of supermarket sushi but this was up there! 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.