M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread!

I'm so glad for the last one and signing up for sparks! I've got a lolly and cookies on my card this week. It's totally working on me to make me go there more 😆

PSX_20210719_094325.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I am a heretic didn’t think the Charlotte potato salad and the almond biscuits were that special

Excited to try the mango and crayfish

• Heart
Reactions: 5
yesterday I treated myself for a couple of things from that 3 for £7 picnic section, I got these marmite twist things which I had never had before, very salty (of course) but if you like marmite they are delicious!

Reactions: 3
Ooh did you get a whole cake?!

I'm thinking my chances of finding a valencian orange lolly this week is near zero. So I'll be going back to m&s every other day until I get my free lolly. Well played m&s you've got me 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm also wondering how much do you guys typically spend and how often you get the freebies? Is it once every 1-2 weeks?

Reactions: 2
Ooh did you get a whole cake?!

I'm thinking my chances of finding a valencian orange lolly this week is near zero. So I'll be going back to m&s every other day until I get my free lolly. Well played m&s you've got me 🤪
My hubby had the lolly offer a few weeks ago and said he didn't want it and gave it to a little boy who Mum was working on the till (he was in the shop) :giggle:
Not a whole big cake, a big muffin really but got a large sour dough loaf from the bakery.
At the moment they are rubbish - 50% off headphones, 3 months kids pass to something and 50% off some Health and Well Being course.

I'm also wondering how much do you guys typically spend and how often you get the freebies? Is it once every 1-2 weeks?
They seem to come in fits and starts, will be every week then nothing for a few weeks or ones like the 3 above.
When I buy clothes I get discount off other types of clothes a couple of weeks later.
My husband also has a Sparks card which we use now and again and he does not get so many, but does get some.
I don't do a whole shop in there but maybe £10 - 3 days a week and odds and sods when I am passing but do buy clothes in there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
ooooooooh, so marks are copying Lidl with the treat type rewards!!!! Or have they done this before?
It's new to me but apparently been going a while. You can even get your whole shop paid for!

Still gutted they have never done the Lidl thing in England, the loyalty scheme they have now is rubbish - takes ages to scan and you get £2 off if you spend £200 in a calendar month or something like that

At the moment they are rubbish
It'll all be algorithm based, if they think they've got you then they'll offer less.

Probably best to have 3 cards and use them at different times and pay in cash so they offer more to entice you in 😆. Yes I know I'm overdoing it but winning stuff is FUN 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
It's new to me but apparently been going a while. You can even get your whole shop paid for!

Still gutted they have never done the Lidl thing in England, the loyalty scheme they have now is rubbish - takes ages to scan and you get £2 off if you spend £200 in a calendar month or something like that

It'll all be algorithm based, if they think they've got you then they'll offer less.

Probably best to have 3 cards and use them at different times and pay in cash so they offer more to entice you in 😆. Yes I know I'm overdoing it but winning stuff is FUN 🤪
Same Lidl scheme in Scotland, it's rubbish. I think you only get the treat if you spin the wheel (which you get when you buy something) and it lands on the option, but it has like 3 ways to wins vs a thousands ways to lose.

For all M&S bargain lovers
I was recently made aware of the "TooGoodToGo" app
It lets you book to buy what they're calling "magic bags" of unsold food at the end of the day.

I don't know if it works for proper M&S stores as there's none geographically close to where I am at the minute, but all the local M&S at BP filling stations are on there for me. It is offering £12 of unsold M&S food for £4, collect at 9pm. You can't choose what's in your "magic bag". But it might be those eclairs and caterpillar jar cakes, who knows.

Anyway thought I'd post it in case it's of use to anyone. Perhaps someone can see if the proper stores are on there too or is it only the petrol station concessions.

Reactions: 13

Same Lidl scheme in Scotland, it's rubbish. I think you only get the treat if you spin the wheel (which you get when you buy something) and it lands on the option, but it has like 3 ways to wins vs a thousands ways to lose.
oh my gosh, we get vouchers every Thursday and an ap scratch card after every shop, you scratch your card and get the chose between 2 treats,
My last one was Jaffa cakes or toffee bitz (toffee pops) 😂
The one before was a box of plasters or a packet of savoury rice 😐 before that rice cakes or vinegarette 😂
I’m addicted.
Do I need any of it. No
Would I buy any of it. No.
But do I NEED it. Yes, yes I do.

you can win your shop if it comes up when you scan at till.

#notspon #notanad

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
For all M&S bargain lovers
I was recently made aware of the "TooGoodToGo" app
It lets you book to buy what they're calling "magic bags" of unsold food at the end of the day.

I don't know if it works for proper M&S stores as there's none geographically close to where I am at the minute, but all the local M&S at BP filling stations are on there for me. It is offering £12 of unsold M&S food for £4, collect at 9pm. You can't choose what's in your "magic bag". But it might be those eclairs and caterpillar jar cakes, who knows.

Anyway thought I'd post it in case it's of use to anyone. Perhaps someone can see if the proper stores are on there too or is it only the petrol station concessions.
I had a two good to go bag from them the other week. It was all yellow sticker items, but the cost of the yellow stickers came to a little bit more than the £4 I paid.

I had:
A bag of apples
A mini roll selection (from the sandwich section where you have three different mini rolls filled with ham salad, chicken mayo etc)
Ham and mustard mayo sandwich
Chicken and mushroom risotto
Extremely chocolatey mini cake bars

Attachments

I finally went in m&s today and managed to get a yumnut!! They are usually always sold out when I go in. I got a billionaires one, and a bakewell tart 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've got 7 offers on my Sparks card and they're all naff. Not exactly tempting me back! :D

I had some pennies off breaded poultry and pizza this week on my Sparks card. I was amazed when I bought the £10 pizza deal with two packs of chicken munchies when I got the discount as well as the meal deal price!

I also got 75p off ice cream and a free bag of cookies!

I've been influenced. I'm getting the sparks card. Need gymwear and my friend really rates the stuff in M&S so will download app before I get that. Maybe I'll get some free cookies to sustain my workouts :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
I tried the butter chicken ready meal as recommended on the previous thread

It was awful, the sauce was nice but the chicken was nasty 🤮

I'm obsessed with the santorini tomato salad, its always so fresh and nice!

I'm gluten free and m&s GF selection is really good, their new tiger bread rolls are absolutely amazing and taste like the real thing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.