M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I popped in my M&S today and there was hardly any Christmas goodies whether theres not much stock arriving or people are already buying it idk.

It's a no from me, slightly fruity very sweet pink hot chocolate for £2 when you could make a lovely actual real hot chocolate for way less!

Doesn't look good, and look at all that plastic. I'm being a party pooper but no Percy hot chocolate in this house

242317953_902081060404556_5227553753111022058_n.jpg
242388275_554882458930315_2753054188022112460_n.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I popped in my M&S today and there was hardly any Christmas goodies whether theres not much stock arriving or people are already buying it idk.
Mine was the same. I managed to get the Xmas star tortilla chips but that was about it. Oh and they had the gin in but I want the biscuit tin!

Reactions: 1
It's a no from me, slightly fruity very sweet pink hot chocolate for £2 when you could make a lovely actual real hot chocolate for way less!

Doesn't look good, and look at all that plastic. I'm being a party pooper but no Percy hot chocolate in this house

View attachment 771203View attachment 771204
Yeah I made the mistake of buying my child the Percy pig Easter egg, the one shaped like a pig. The taste was awful!! No one in the house wanted it so it went in the bin. This looks like the same thing so I’ll definitely pass.

Reactions: 4
I totally see this as a stocking filler for kids. Give me a Colin one and then I’m invested
They have Colin caterpillar hot chocolate stirrers! I got them the other day to put away as stocking fillers but my 4yo found it and we tasted it they’re nice but not quite worth £2 if I’m truthful!

Reactions: 2
I had one of the Big Daddy Chocolate bars over the past two days but could only eat the filling. I thought there was far too much chocolate on the top and bottom. I will freeze it and use for baking at a later date. So glad they only cost me 1 pence each! 😆 I think the filling tasted like the Lidl Snicker copies. The filling might be nice with some vanilla ice cream or in a banana split.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yea the percy pig stuff is getting a bit out of hand! I did used to really like Percy pigs but it’s got quite sickly. The “phizzy” pop, the percy pig grape and raspberry juice, the percymas Christmas pies, the percy biscuits, the various ranges of sweets, the advent calendars, birthday cards, gift wrap, pyjamas, these latest hot chocolate things! I mean if it was Colin related stuff I’d be all over it 😂😂😂

Reactions: 6
I think M&S have taken it all a bit far with the Percy merch now aswell. Literally on everything from clothing to straws now
They need to cull about 75% of the range. It's just too much. Far better to have a few good things than pump out all this crap. Why dont they try to develop a new character?

Reactions: 8
They need to cull about 75% of the range. It's just too much. Far better to have a few good things than pump out all this crap. Why dont they try to develop a new character?
They tried and failed miserably earlier this year with those ombles (?I think that’s what they’re called) but they just had no appeal compared to Colin and Percy

Reactions: 3
I think M&S have taken it all a bit far with the Percy merch now aswell. Literally on everything from clothing to straws now
Yes you are right and they don’t even taste that good any more.

I had one of the Big Daddy Chocolate bars over the past two days but could only eat the filling. I thought there was far too much chocolate on the top and bottom. I will freeze it and use for baking at a later date. So glad they only cost me 1 pence each! 😆 I think the filling tasted like the Lidl Snicker copies. The filling might be nice with some vanilla ice cream or in a banana split.
I really liked it but yes it’s very sickly. I’m a big fan of things with peanuts in. Unfortunately I didn’t get any for 1p!

Last edited:
Managed to spend £60 on one basket today 😭
People are definitely stocking up early. Lots of the Christmas aisle was quite empty, but maybe it is low stock. All the other shelves were full. I got the light up rum liqueur, definitely overpriced but I am a sucker, tastes nice though!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.