M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got one of the cake pots on a yellow label on Monday night. It was the raspberry one. Reduced to £2.44. Man, those things are lethal. I only managed a spoonful or two. Husband finished off the rest…IN ONE GO 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE

I’m having buttermilk chicken tenders with “our best ever” Mac & cheese and then veg.
Little tip for the buttermilk chicken - before you put it in the oven, drizzle it in honey and then cook for 5 mins longer 🤤
The best ever Mac & cheese is aahhhmazing. Currently part of the 2 dine in for £10 on ocado.

I've just popped the marmite cream cheese and the peanut butter and caramel chunkies in the ocado shop 🙈 this thread is dangerous 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE

I’m having buttermilk chicken tenders with “our best ever” Mac & cheese and then veg.
Little tip for the buttermilk chicken - before you put it in the oven, drizzle it in honey and then cook for 5 mins longer 🤤
I knew I liked you

• Haha
I've just popped the marmite cream cheese and the peanut butter and caramel chunkies in the ocado shop 🙈 this thread is dangerous 😂
Today I resisted the peanut butter and caramel chunkies 😇 but not the Marmite cream cheese - what's the best way to eat it? On toast? Crackers?

• Haha
We tried the southern fried chicken breast burgers tonight with the brioche buns, lettuce and an array of M&S condiments. (The smokehouse ketchup is delicious! Triple cooked chips dipped in their thousand island sauces all really delicious and even better, most of it was on a yellow sticker deal.

Reactions: 8
Are Percy pigs that good? I hear a lot of hype around them, but they just seem like the generic foamy sweets. I have never tried them, but their description reminds me of the fried egg sweets we used to get back in the day for 1p.
I think they are crap personally! Def not worth the hype whatsoever 🤮

This bread is DELICIOUS! Lovely with butter or toasted. Sweet, nutty and savoury at the same time. High in fibre too! Even better at that price! ☺

Attachments

• Heart
Probably an unpopular opinion but here goes - Percy Pigs are gross since they turned veggie 🤢
I wouldn't go as far as to say gross but they definitely taste more synthetic. I used to buy the odd bag but haven't bought them for ages.

I do have a load of Percy pig mugs in my cupboard. Really nice to drink out of. 🐷

Reactions: 1
My Mum pulls through again… I had a bad hospital appointment yesterday so she’s dropped off Marks and Spencer bread and soup, and sweets for my toddler.

I do feel like ringing her up and asking her where’s my almond biscuits, Christ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Are the almond biscuits that keep being mentioned these ones?

C6E97084-5365-49EA-8EEA-373AB7240F5F.jpeg

I have to say I can devour them because they’re not too sweet.

I am still irrationally angry that people are getting free stuff on the daily and I’m not in on it! Free sweets, pastries for a lucky few and I get 50% off English Heritage tickets or 50p off when you spend £3 in the bakery ☹

I tried their best ever steak pie last week and it’s nothing special tbh. The pastry was quite thick and dry and there wasn’t much filling and a big lack of gravy. I don’t even like a lot of gravy but when you cut into a pie you’d expect a bit of ooze.

Are the almond biscuits that keep being mentioned these ones?

View attachment 685615

I have to say I can devour them because they’re not too sweet.

I am still irrationally angry that people are getting free stuff on the daily and I’m not in on it! Free sweets, pastries for a lucky few and I get 50% off English Heritage tickets or 50p off when you spend £3 in the bakery ☹

I tried their best ever steak pie last week and it’s nothing special tbh. The pastry was quite thick and dry and there wasn’t much filling and a big lack of gravy. I don’t even like a lot of gravy but when you cut into a pie you’d expect a bit of ooze.
There’s a £1 pack and they are lovely with a coffee IMO. I love those ones too!

I’ve been looking for this since Father’s Day . I hope it lives up to the hype
So, I tried it. It’s very rich which is why I guess it suggests it should serve 10. But it’s good, thick chocolate on the outside and a Reeses Pieces inner but with more texture. Would be fab in the fridge but I think it would land you with a fre missing teeth and a huge dental bill , so best eaten at room temp! My sparks reward is a hand cream . Not very exciting tbh.

Reactions: 1
So, I tried it. It’s very rich which is why I guess it suggests it should serve 10. But it’s good, thick chocolate on the outside and a Reeses Pieces inner but with more texture. Would be fab in the fridge but I think it would land you with a fre missing teeth and a huge dental bill , so best eaten at room temp! My sparks reward is a hand cream . Not very exciting tbh.
Mine is a Sleep Candle today.

Percy Pigs have an interesting texture and are quite juicy, but have always tasted soapy to me. I much prefer the colin the caterpillars.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.