M&S Food #10 Christmas treats are coming, don't set the bar low with Gary!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got a tin of Very Merry Munch stashed away. I'm off to Florida in the morning, while I'm away I plan to buy a tin of Traders Joes Jingle Jangle (amongst other goodies) it looks very similar to VMM. We'll be having a Christmas taste off 😊

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Theory: the marketing team are trying to flush out tattlers in real life by noting down which sparks accounts acquired jumbo Percy packs as a freebie 😱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Today managed to grab a few bags of the Cinnamon tortillas will be going back to get more
Had a embarrassing incident after I had paid, paid at self service, spent a good few minutes loading shopping into pushchair then when I was outside a member of staff came running after me shouting that I hadn’t paid it hadn’t gone through
I said to him confused that I had receipt which was in my hand, he shrugged and said oh must be someone else
Was so annoyed that it was shouted in front of a crowd of people then not even a sorry!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Have you guys tried M&S cream liqueurs? How do they compare to baileys? I’ve tried lots of supermarket ones and they’re never as nice as baileys

Today managed to grab a few bags of the Cinnamon tortillas will be going back to get more
Had a embarrassing incident after I had paid, paid at self service, spent a good few minutes loading shopping into pushchair then when I was outside a member of staff came running after me shouting that I hadn’t paid it hadn’t gone through
I said to him confused that I had receipt which was in my hand, he shrugged and said oh must be someone else
Was so annoyed that it was shouted in front of a crowd of people then not even a sorry!
Oh no I’d be so embarrassed 🙈 I’m sure if you complained you’d get a voucher 😏

Reactions: 5
That's awful, can't believe that they didn't apologise. I would definitely call the store customer service number as that is not what you'd expect from M&S. We all make mistakes and they were probably under pressure to go after the person who hadn't paid, but it is so important to recognise the mistake and apologise. At least you had your receipt to hand, I get digital receipts so never have the paper receipt.

Reactions: 9
Can you get two freebies in one shop? I’ve loaded the free Percy’s offer again and want to get it the same time as my free bread.

That's awful, can't believe that they didn't apologise. I would definitely call the store customer service number as that is not what you'd expect from M&S. We all make mistakes and they were probably under pressure to go after the person who hadn't paid, but it is so important to recognise the mistake and apologise. At least you had your receipt to hand, I get digital receipts so never have the paper receipt.
I think I will give them a call, I was frustrated as he shouted that I hadn’t paid when I was stood outside putting my scarf on, instead of coming over to calmly say. I frequent this store a few times a week so even if I hadn’t paid by accident or on purpose I was stood outside, not doing a runner ha
Agree with what you’re saying they probably got caught up in the moment but not to even say sorry was unacceptable

I may be appeased with several more bags of Cinnamon tortillas 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think I will give them a call, I was frustrated as he shouted that I hadn’t paid when I was stood outside putting my scarf on, instead of coming over to calmly say. I frequent this store a few times a week so even if I hadn’t paid by accident or on purpose I was stood outside, not doing a runner ha
Agree with what you’re saying they probably got caught up in the moment but not to even say sorry was unacceptable

I may be appeased with several more bags of Cinnamon tortillas 😍
This is exactly the behaviour I don’t like, I’ve discussed upthread. When there’s a great run of sparks offers there’s one lady in particular who watches me like a hawk, then comes and really ostentatiously checks my shopping - saying loudly “that doesn’t seem quite right” and “you have quite a bit there for that amount.” Yes, and I’m taking good advantage of my offers! Cheeky mare. It really puts me off as I’m in there several times a week.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
This is exactly the behaviour I don’t like, I’ve discussed upthread. When there’s a great run of sparks offers there’s one lady in particular who watches me like a hawk, then comes and really ostentatiously checks my shopping - saying loudly “that doesn’t seem quite right” and “you have quite a bit there for that amount.” Yes, and I’m taking good advantage of my offers! Cheeky mare. It really puts me off as I’m in there several times a week.
I'd be emailing the store mananger about that.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.