Lydia Millen #87 Poor Porter has been disregarded, pheasant wallpaper is to be restarted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly, she is actually dangerous to be saying things like this and I can't express how much I detest her for using this to garner sympathy. It took my husband nearly 3 years of therapy, the crisis team, medication, self help, retraining the brain (like you say) and support to get over his depression. I was convinced I'd come home and find him dead and having had family, friends and a close work colleague take their lives. It is not something to be used on a flippant insta post like this!

Steph Toms (make up YouTuber) spoke a few months ago about her struggles. Her mum died last year and apart from 1 post, she never really mentioned it on her insta or YT, but deep down she was so low. When you saw her finally talk about it, you could tell it was genuine, she struggled to even speak or acknowledge that she didn't want to wake up anymore, then felt guilty because she knew she had so much to live for, but just couldn't pull herself out of depression. That was genuine - NOT some smug face with a 'I wanted to kill myself but now I'm living my best life' caption. Lydia makes me sick!

I'm also so pleased you're able to cope with things better now, thank you for sharing and wishing you all the best xx

And @Juanita I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Your family must be heartbroken. Sending so much love xx
I hope your husband is doing better. It isn’t a straight path to recovery but getting help really does actually help. The hardest part truly is reaching out and having to come to terms with the fact that the way you think is not healthy for you. It’s extremely difficult to accept that you have to work on so so many different things to get out of this mind set, let alone the fact that not everything works for everyone, there’s many different things to try before you get to something that works for you (CBT, therapy, group therapy, medication etc.) It all differs from person to person and I find it highly unlikely Lydia has overcome such a comped problem in the space of 2 months.

A lot of people do not speak about their suicidal intentions as they feel like they’re a burden. It’s why a lot of people say “I never saw it coming”. The way she has just posted “hehe I was suicidal now I’m not thriving lol!!” Is so bleeping stupid. If it is a cry for help, then she needs serious, proper treatment. Not a life coach who is also her friend. If she is attention seeking (which is fine, people can want to have attention) she has gone about it in the wrong way and really needs to get the root of her problems and why she acts this way.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It's a Matt Haig memoir about his own mental health journey. With respect to him and his work (which has its place!) this is not what you give someone suffering from suicidal ideation. Lordy. It's an inspirational airport or train station bookstore read.
Amazon product
I read the book a while ago but from my memory the book is just about his journey through depression rather than actual reasons to stay alive haha makes me wonder if she has even read it 🤔 tbh I suffer from suicidal ideation a lot and it usually flares up when people talk about suicide.. not that people shouldn’t talk about it, but I do find that if I read or watch anything about suicide I start getting suicidal thoughts, it’s not fun and quite scary actually so yeah definitely not the book to give someone with those thoughts haha

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes, the apostrophe shouldn't be there. How embarrassing. Both for them and the company that made them

• Haha
Reactions: 30
im definitely not a punctuation expert but it could be right.. ‘use an apostrophe + s to show that one person/thing owns or is w member of something’ e.g ‘Lisa’s car’

or ‘use an apostrophe after the s at the end of a plural noun to show possession’ e.g ‘the parents’ bedroom

from this Id actually assume it should be the millen-Gordons’ ??

yes I googled it haha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh she will be needing mini eggs soon. People are commenting about the apostrophe on her IG post. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Also the post of her in her cardigan her Hermes bag is filthy.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Please correct me if I'm talking rubbish, but is that apostrophe wrong. 🤔View attachment 572316
I'm ashamed to admit that I'm terrible with apostrophes. (Not great news given my next profession!) 😂
If you are to believe 'Announcingit.com' (which is relating to invitations, not puppy gates), then this is what they have to say on the matter:
  • The Smiths is plural for "Smith" and means there is more than one person named Smith and the invitation is from them all. When in doubt, we like to use "The Smith Family".
  • The Smith's (with an apostrophe before the s) is the possessive of "Smith" and indicates one person ownership.
  • The Smiths' (with an apostrophe after the s) is plural possessive and means the possession of more than one "Smith" of something (see Rule 2 below) like "The Smiths' house is white."
I would like to defer to @Oops 😬 (Oops') guidance on the matter! (Did you see what I did there!!!???? hehehehehe #proud)

However, I'm more concerned with adults feeling the need to personalise everything. I mean, isn't that something that you do if you're 5 years old!? Pencil case, bags etc - NOT furniture! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Each to their own - I will not judge any Tattlers who have personalised tables, chairs, TV units etc. I'm proud of her for not saying that her 'bespoke made' puppy gates arrived! ;)

im definitely not a punctuation expert but it could be right.. ‘use an apostrophe + s to show that one person/thing owns or is w member of something’ e.g ‘Lisa’s car’

or ‘use an apostrophe after the s at the end of a plural noun to show possession’ e.g ‘the parents’ bedroom

from this Id actually assume it should be the millen-Gordons’ ??

yes I googled it haha
We were both busy on Google! Go us! xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Absolutely shouldn’t have an apostrophe there. Either they just want to pluralize their surnames (no apostrophe), or they want the plural possessive (apostrophe after the “s”). Can you imagine having something this expensive and having this wrong? Funny part is I bet the craftsmen asked, “Are you sure?” And she probably defiantly said “Yes, this is how we spell it.” A typo on an Instagram story, sure, we get it, no one can be bothered to spell check and grammar check everything they ever type, but to not grammar check something memorialized in engraving that you will be intentionally sharing on the internet ... just wow.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
One person's struggle certainly does not cancel out or invalidate another person's - that's for sure. But her post last night makes me so sad, because all I think about is how low Nicky must have felt after the birth of her son with all this going on. Obviously I am not Nicky so I don't know how her newborn experience was, but when my daughter was born I told my health visitor I wished I didn't exist. I dread to think how I would have been with Hairgate caliber of drama piled on top

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Just thinking - ITF posted a video/stories last week opening up about mental health. I really hope one-uping her isn't the motive

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
One person's struggle certainly does not cancel out or invalidate another person's - that's for sure. But her post last night makes me so sad, because all I think about is how low Nicky must have felt after the birth of her son with all this going on. Obviously I am not Nicky so I don't know how her newborn experience was, but when my daughter was born I told my health visitor I wished I didn't exist. I dread to think how I would have been with Hairgate caliber of drama piled on top
I went through a tough time with some so called friends when my baby was very young. I've moved on from that, but when I think back to my early days with the baby they are sullied because of the situation. I hope Nicky doesn't feel the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This has me roaring.

Im not adverse to F&B so no offence meant if anyone here has it. It just makes me laugh how Lidl is always trying to be trendy and has defended her recent renovations as ‘ones that will last them decades’ & they will just make small updates in future.

how long until she starts painting everything ruby red to keep up with what she thinks is ‘posh’:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ha ha ha! This is hilarious! It looks like Lidl has chosen paint used, many years ago for servants quarters !!!!!!! She...gets...EVERYTHING ...wrong 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just thinking - ITF posted a video/stories last week opening up about mental health. I really hope one-uping her isn't the motive
I was quite surprised that some folks derided Frow and her husband for doing this, I thought it was genuine and done quite well. Valid points were raised imho.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Exactly, she is actually dangerous to be saying things like this and I can't express how much I detest her for using this to garner sympathy. It took my husband nearly 3 years of therapy, the crisis team, medication, self help, retraining the brain (like you say) and support to get over his depression. I was convinced I'd come home and find him dead and having had family, friends and a close work colleague take their lives. It is not something to be used on a flippant insta post like this!

Steph Toms (make up YouTuber) spoke a few months ago about her struggles. Her mum died last year and apart from 1 post, she never really mentioned it on her insta or YT, but deep down she was so low. When you saw her finally talk about it, you could tell it was genuine, she struggled to even speak or acknowledge that she didn't want to wake up anymore, then felt guilty because she knew she had so much to live for, but just couldn't pull herself out of depression. That was genuine - NOT some smug face with a 'I wanted to kill myself but now I'm living my best life' caption. Lydia makes me sick!

I'm also so pleased you're able to cope with things better now, thank you for sharing and wishing you all the best xx

And @Juanita I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Your family must be heartbroken. Sending so much love xx
Your husband is very lucky having you as his wife 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.