Lydia Millen #82 Ali signals abuse, Birthday week is an excuse to be repulsively obtuse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't Lidl #Gifted this hat as part of the Longines Ad?

20210416_101456.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Wow I reckon I deserve a medal for sitting all the way through the latest vlog. She just makes my skin crawl, really how was that start, soo fecking into herself.
What makes everyone think Cawwie bought the house, could she not just be renting it??
I thought at one point Cawwie said we bought the house and I took it to mean her and her significant other

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I have just finished watching the largest flog (first one I’ve watched for some time) and I had forgotten quite what a self important irritating narc she is. Who else says things like “If there’s one thing I love about me, it’s that I’m an optimist“ (seriously?) and when did it become okay to visit your friends in their houses? Did I miss the announcement?? Anyway she’s so excited about visiting the junk shop antiques store and she wants IT ALL! All the things she bought are the sort of junk you can pick up for no money in a sale room and all looked worryingly like the sort of thing Josie Mumblr would buy. Never seen such excitement over a battered up metal bucket. A cabinet was purchased for the Greed House to keep seeds in (shouldn’t they be in the ground?) and a hideous old door from a glass “champage” cabinet is wall art (no, do not put it in the new en suite, it looks hideous). The en-suite actually looks okay IMO, but, horror of horrors, the bedroom will also be in Drop Cloth. Ugh! But it’s okay because Lydia tells us that Lauren brings ”balance and tone to everything” (LOL). Final thoughts, the Greed House is rammed packed with stuff, the hydrangea sitting on the heated floor will die soon and the stove with fake pipe looks so ridiculous it makes me laugh every time I see it. What a mess!!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I thought at one point Cawwie said we bought the house and I took it to mean her and her significant other
She may have, I could have missed it. I have read others saying it was 600,000 pounds or there about, that seems like a hell of a lot for just one person to pay, so buying together would make sense. Bit of a commitment.

Reactions: 11
She may have, I could have missed it. I have read others saying it was 600,000 pounds or there about, that seems like a hell of a lot for just one person to pay, so buying together would make sense. Bit of a commitment.
She's not been with the elusive boyfriend long though has she? I remember we were looking for him at the 2019 NYE party, then a few months later Lydia mentioned Carrie was single on her stories as she was on dating apps or something

• Wow
Reactions: 15
It seems like (thank goodness) all mention of chickens is behind us. She wouldn't know what to do with the things anyway, so that's a blessing! (For the chickens 😉)

My neighbour has them and I can hear them clucking away this morning - they do make quite a bit of noise. Personally I enjoy it, it's part of living in the country, but I know Lydia's a city girl at heart, so I'm sure the constant noise, not to mention muck and smell would've just annoyed her.
It's probably all the stuff she read on here about them being high maintenance ( ie you have to clean up after them and feed them ahem ).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
She's not been with the elusive boyfriend long though has she? I remember we were looking for him at the 2019 NYE party, then a few months later Lydia mentioned Carrie was single on her stories as she was on dating apps or something
I don't think she has been with him long, although I don't pay that much attention to her, personally I find her drippy.

• you must not share a car with anyone from outside your household or your support bubble, unless your journey is made for an exempt reason

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I have to agree as fascinating as 'The best friend' is compared to Lydiot, I don't think her house pictures should be on here. She doesn't put herself on the internet, has made all her accounts private and I think that should be respected. Lydiot however is fair game.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Cawwies house looks very nice, that green kitchen and all the little special features. No wonder the Lady started to change up her house once again just when carrie was about to move. She is sick! I didn't finished watching last night vlog she is so annoying.

Pretending to be all excited and happy... I had a peak on her stories during her bday, maybe half of the brands or just a hdanfull sent her things. Just wait for other influencers bdays. It feels to me that is hitting her the lack of compassion, empathy and her narcissism is starting to show. With no big deals, or becoming irrelevant. So she has to act like her life is just amazing and she is just excited!

Meanwhile my biggest shock (shouldn't be) :p Ali's reel.. the caption, the way he pushes her to the camera. It was all Lydia's idea, he can't get out of there. Even his vlogs has both their names on the tittle? and Lydia didn't even post on instagram from his birthday?

It definitely looks like an villain from a movie keeping him hostage and saying to him what he can do or can't do!

Reactions: 31
I have to agree as fascinating as 'The best friend' is compared to Lydiot, I don't think her house pictures should be on here. She doesn't put herself on the internet, has made all her accounts private and I think that should be respected. Lydiot however is fair game.
who has posted pix of Cawwie house and how do they know its cawwies house??

I still think it looks like a wooden toilet.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Just thinking about it, Lidl’s birthday week has been quite something. And it’s not even over yet.

• vlogster made a video about her.
  • Claire Chanelle publicly backed and promoted Nicky.
  • Her “friends” met up for lunch in Notting Hill without her.
  • She’s uploaded evidence of her breaking all COVID rules with Carrie.
  • She’s posted a “rant” on her main Insta feed despite, in the same week, saying she’s just the happiest person ever and simply “excited” for her life.
  • Her husband uploaded a video showing her true colours and nasty comments about how she paid for his birthday gift (the knives).
  • Her husband signalled abuse.

Surely Ali would have received lots of messages about his Insta story and if he’d ‘signaled’ by mistake, surely he would’ve removed it? He left the Insta story up for the full 24 hours.

Surely Ali would have received lots of messages about his Insta story and if he’d ‘signaled’ by mistake, surely he would’ve removed it? He left the Insta story up for the full 24 hours.

Anyone else care to add this list of birthday celebrations for this “queen”?
We saw a puddle of Porter’s piss on the dream kitchen tiles 👀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Uh, I don't think sharing pictures of Carrie's house is a good idea. Until she agrees to show the house herself, I think this is an invasion of her privacy, which she is entitled to.

ETA: I also don't think it's fair to make fun of Dee in what I perceived to be fat shaming. Lydia and Ali tart themselves for the camera constantly and sort of have it coming, but Dee barely appears on videos. Making fun of her job and menial tasks is one thing, but to call her fat when she doesn't even feature on her videos is quite another. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.
Oh sorry I didn't mean to cause offence or fat shame. 😘 It was my perception that Lydia would fang behind Dee's back at her trying to 'fatten' Ali up with her homemade foods. I think it's apparent that Lydia strives to maintain her size 4 cinched in waist and likely looks down on anyone who doesn't aspire to this.

Also it was just a joke. I guess a joke is always going to be at someone/something's expense. The whole debate between humour and being overly politically correct... It really wasn't my intent to be offensive though. I would rather someone laugh at my post (as I do with others).

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Even though I can’t stand cackling Cawwwie I am happy if she has bought the house with her partner .. I love that Lydia doesn’t get Cawwwie all to herself, they are far too co-dependant and heaven help any friend who gets between a woman and her man ...

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I've never posted on here before - and truth be told, I used to think people who wrote on these sites were clearly suppressing their own pain and projecting it onto others, but I am finding it harder and harder to watch Lydia without feeling like it is a charade and I have to say that you guys made me see the light.

I find her constant redecoration exhausting, I also think the influencer craze, whereby people watch unqualified people spouting about things that they have no training in, hard to watch - especially when what they are talking about is what you do every day!! I'm not saying that you are useless with no training or qualification, but for some reason, broadcasting it to 100,000s of thousands of people seems really odd, and I get it, we all have to start somehow, but suddenly moving from no training to pouring tens of thousands of pounds into a hobby that feels a bit forced can be hard to watch.

as for her latest renovation, I personally like the colour in the kitchen, but the shiplap is quite OTT and I think it would have looked just as nice if it only went up to the 'dado' height on the walls. the hallway colour I personally don't mind, but Farrow and Ball is quite literally daylight robbery and I wish more influencers were honest like Emma Hill who made a video on how bad she found it. As she says, its her house and her money and she should do what makes her happy, but don't be surprised if you put your home online and people dislike the taste. It doesn't mean that they are wrong but merely that they have a different style that they would want to live in. I think the style now suits the house more than the glam, crushed-velvet and mirrored-bed vibe they had when they got there but like with everything, it's personal taste and so we might all change things if that were our home.

Reactions: 48
Morning Tattlers,

I've just had my morning coffee. I'm just waiting to see if it chooses it's powers for good or evil today. So it's been my birthday WEEK and I've started my new spring life. It's the season where I just bloom. I'm just so excited to live my life. I just hope this time my new life lasts longer than my explanation of starting my new life. I've removed all the negativity and ambiguity that's directed at me. So about 97% of the comments. It's still a working progress though after Vlogster's What Is With Lydia Millen? So she thinks I'm batshit crazy. She should say it to my face so she can get the full experience. And don't think I didn't notice Claire Chanelle digging me AGAIN. Three words that describe her: desperate, insecure and pathetic. I forgot to add skank. That too.

After all this, I was so glad to have my best friend back this week. Nearly as much as I was to go shopping. I'm in need of a treat or ten after topping up on my husband's knives. If you didn't know my best friend moved house to be closer to pick me up off the floor when needed. My face hurts from pretending to like it though. The audacity that she won't take my advice on the chair! I pay her wage. Her wage pays her mortgage. So it's my house now. Lauren said she'll be round in the morning to renovate.

So my husband's wanting to put on 8 pounds. My assistant Dee baked him sausage rolls for his birthDAY. Now I'm not saying she's fat. I'm just saying if I were to pick the 5 fattest people I know, she'd be 3 of them. My husband quipped well a woman's place is in the kitchen. Remember that's where the knives are Ali. The ones that I PAID the difference on. And NO he did not buy my table. When I said he can't buy my love. I just meant it's not possible with his salary.

Love Lydia xx
Hilarious! 😆

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sites like Zoopla track prices and you can see historical information for properties in areas.
Yes - that’s when it’s sold and the sold price information goes onto a different section of the website using land registry info ☺ Shows the date of sale (I.e when the sale completed) and the final price. This final price would likely be slightly different to the listing price depending on what was negotiated.

A 'house snoop' is how I found tattle in the first place! Not that I do anything with the information from the other side of the world - it's like a personal challenge! 😂
Me too - love it!

Thank you for the votes on the thread title 💛

Rightmove will show as 'Sold STC' for up to a year sometimes even when completion has taken place, it has something to do with Land Registry. After about a year it will show the actual sold price. Sometimes it can be more or less depending on negotiations with the vendors and how many other people were interested in buying.
Interesting - it never did this with either of my houses.

Reactions: 6
I have just finished watching the largest flog (first one I’ve watched for some time) and I had forgotten quite what a self important irritating narc she is. Who else says things like “If there’s one thing I love about me, it’s that I’m an optimist“ (seriously?) and when did it become okay to visit your friends in their houses? Did I miss the announcement?? Anyway she’s so excited about visiting the junk shop antiques store and she wants IT ALL! All the things she bought are the sort of junk you can pick up for no money in a sale room and all looked worryingly like the sort of thing Josie Mumblr would buy. Never seen such excitement over a battered up metal bucket. A cabinet was purchased for the Greed House to keep seeds in (shouldn’t they be in the ground?) and a hideous old door from a glass “champage” cabinet is wall art (no, do not put it in the new en suite, it looks hideous). The en-suite actually looks okay IMO, but, horror of horrors, the bedroom will also be in Drop Cloth. Ugh! But it’s okay because Lydia tells us that Lauren brings ”balance and tone to everything” (LOL). Final thoughts, the Greed House is rammed packed with stuff, the hydrangea sitting on the heated floor will die soon and the stove with fake pipe looks so ridiculous it makes me laugh every time I see it. What a mess!!
I think she was being a particularly self important irritating narc in this vlog. I did struggle to get past the first bit but wanted to see house stuff.
Just a few other things while I am at it -
I would love to poke around in the antique places they have over there I imagine there would be some fabulous finds, sadly I dont think Lydiot found them.
I know she had (supposedly) Lauren approving her finds but I personally found her finds a bit off.
That botanical dried plant she found, she said it was a herb to me it looked more like a pea or something like a clover, it didnt look like a herb, it really was just a bit blah.
The Champagne glass thing she got was just OTT it will look 'too try hard' hanging on the wall.
The clam shell, folk have been using those clam shells in their bathrooms for centuries and dont get me wrong I have a house full of old stuff but to me the clam shell is up there with velvet paintings of Elvis. Maybe in a more outdoor setting, like a spa area or something a bit more natural, an outdoor shower but in the bathroom she has I don't think it will work. I don't think Lauren will want it in HER design.
I did quite like the shoe moulds but had a giggle at her explanation of how they don't use moulds like that now or something she said that's just weird.
I didn't mind that cupboard she bought to put her seeds in but I think its a bit twee and will be annoying in the end.
I had a bit of a vision now that we have learnt she likes buying OLD STUFF, she is going to fill that house with UGLY OLD STUFF, that has no real sentimental value to her, then her taste will change and she will have to get rid of all the old dust collectors, wood worm infested smelly bits of decor stuff. A lot of what she buys is just for decoration and has no real use, just junk.
Those apothecary jars I think are more like ordinary stoneware pots, I don't think they are very special, apothecary jars I think are usually glass, so that chemists can see what's inside them (I could be wrong there though) clear glass or coloured glass to protect from sunlight.
We got a little glimpse of the powderoom from the hallway and I have to say it didn't look right to me. I thought it might sort of all work together once its done but it doesn't look right at all. It just looks soo different and jarring.
I dont think its all working, I was always going to reserve judgement until it was finished but I think even now its not getting any better AND again I dont think she is happy with it. She seems very underwhelmed.
We are not really seeing any little vignettes of areas, even under the stairs there we sort of got a bit of a look at it but it wasn't set up properly.
Or is it that she is losing interest, she just doesnt seem as enthused as she was when it first started, once that limestone was down she seems to have lost interest. Or maybe its just me if I had spent all that money no way would I be sitting on the floor opening boxes, cluttering up that space with boxes. She should have had a space for unboxing, someone said this once about that study for Ali, it should have been like a store room/ unboxing room. She could have had it set up professionally with hangers for when she is doing clothing and a table for things to have them displayed as she unboxes them instead of laying on the floor for the dog to eat.
Sorry for the ramble folks.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
That cabinet she plans to put in her greedhouse for the seeds, well the rate she's buying stuff she wont fit in the greedhouse herself soon!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.