Lydia Millen #43 Wonky coffin bed whining, bunga-bore redesigning, insta bots declining!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree ...Ellebelle is another fantastic member that makes me laugh out loud. Loved the sperm bank bit!
The hard work doesn’t stop here. I have a drawer to organise. .......Has to be one of my fave millen quotes
...and you are our Queen of our side-splitting one liners...nobody does it better.

The usual route is degree first. Masters afterwards and then PhD after that. This generally adds on quite a few years to staying at Uni.

Reactions: 13
Brilliant! You have made my day. Again. So unbelievably talented.

Reactions: 11
...and you are our Queen of our side-splitting one liners...nobody does it better.

The usual route is degree first. Masters afterwards and then PhD after that. This generally adds on quite a few years to staying at Uni.
I think there is a misconception about the terminology of "degree". A bachelors is a degree as is the masters or the phd.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_degree

Quote: An academic degree is a qualification awarded to students upon successful completion of a course of study in higher education, usually at a college or university. These institutions commonly offer degrees at various levels, usually including bachelor's, master's and doctorates, often alongside other academic certificates and professional degrees. The most common undergraduate degree is the bachelor's degree, although in some countries there are lower level higher education qualifications that are also titled degrees (e.g. associate degrees and foundation degrees).

This is at least how I understood it and how it is handled in Germany.

Lol, someone wrote a Bachelor thesis about Lydia
https://digilib.k.utb.cz/bitstream/handle/10563/40459/lehotská_2017_dp.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
The first few sites are on Czech(?) but the rest is in English. I was on the hunt for Lydia's BA but only found this.
Edit: It's not as exciting as expected. -_-

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes for some subjects for examples the arts including fashion you can bypass your masters and go straight to PhD but it isn’t easy and you need a strong letter of recommendation from your lecturer. Personally I think it says a lot that she was accepted without doing her masters first and then afterwards was invited to be a lecturer. I don’t always like what Frow is doing influencer wise but I can appreciate her dedication to learning about fashion and marketing.

Reactions: 14
Sorry for my misconception. I had no idea Lydia had a PhD. We should be calling her Dr Millen then.

Reactions: 10
While I hate her stylistic layout of her work (she has chapter nummers like it is an url with so many under chapters and in general the layout of the chapters) she put much effort in her thesis. She really worked her ass off for it.

Sorry for my misconception. I had no idea Lydia had a PhD.
I talked about Victoria who has an Phd and you are right that Lydia has a Bachelors in business/marketing.

Reactions: 8
Why do you think she has a PhD? She worked for that between Ibiza and marrying Ali? I thought she just had a BA. Or are you talking about Victoria??

Reactions: 5
Sorry for my misconception. I had no idea Lydia had a PhD. We should be calling her Dr Millen then.
Not Lydia, Victoria from in the Frow has a PhD

Why do you think she has a PhD? She worked for that between Ibiza and marrying Ali? I thought she just had a BA. Or are you talking about Victoria??
I’m talking about Victoria

Sorry for the confusion, we were discussing how Victoria advertises brands versus Lydia and I was putting it down to Victoria being more knowledgeable about the industry as she has a PhD and was a lecturer as opposed to Lydia having an undergraduate degree but still not understanding marketing.

Reactions: 11
Lydia has a doctorate in being a lazy scraping the bottom of the barrel moo moo.

Someone should write a thesis (regardless which level) on how to detect follower-buying influencers and include Lydia's Insta. That would be nice.

Reactions: 29
Lydia has a doctorate in being a lazy scraping the bottom of the barrel moo moo.

Someone should write a thesis (regardless which level) on how to detect follower-buying influencers and include Lydia's Insta. That would be nice.
I had a colleague write hers on how influencers and brands prey on women’s vulnerabilities and their use of filters and photoshop and cosmetic procedures to deceive potential buyers. She talked about how brands play on insecurities and sexualise children as a way to promote youthfulness and how influencers potentially aren’t good advertisers due to how many brands they work with and lack of advertising standards etc.

Sorry to jump on. Did anyone see the thread about her on Beautygurruchatter in reddit ?
No but I just googled it and the first comment is: globylydia sounds like something you can test positive for

Reactions: 34
Going back to my previous comment. This is why I don't think she was paid for this. Why would Boodles pay her for such shit content. I would really like to think that this was a quid pro quo type of deal. Maybe this kind of arrangement would be better going forward with influencers and certainly better value for the brands. Then idiots like lydiot would have to prove their worth.
ETA Doesn't look like Boodles has put anything on their Insta pages. So it can't be an official campaign.

Reactions: 12
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.