Lydia Millen #40 Top lip disaster, Lumi in plaster, lilies again so cat gets sick faster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First (and probably last) post.

As a fashion buyer I would just like to say, the manner in which she is conducting herself and seeking the majority of the praise for this 'collection', is basically a huge slap in the face to the teams that actually developed and produced these items of clothing. Designers, Buyers, Merchandisers, Garment Technicians, Suppliers etc would have spent countless hours honing and perfecting the garments for approximately six months, reviewing design, stitch colours, seam lines, fabrics, fit ...ready for the product to be launched to the customer.

By not clearly communicating the colour palettes, it undermines the designers who would have spent time researching colour trends, reviewing the competitive market, collating pantones. By constantly referring to the need for the garments to be tailored, it insults the garment technicians who will fit and refit every inch of garment through multiple samples and multiple fit sessions. By claiming it is her collection, throws all of the hard work and effort the buyers and merchandisers put in to ensure the product that is delivered is trend focused, suits the customer profile and is negotiated to meet demanding margin targets.

I can't speak for KM as I have never worked for them so cannot speak for their work practices, but I have worked in multiple fashion offices and they are very high pressured environments (I'm purposely avoiding the word 'stressful' as stress can have medical repercussions and I don't want to use the term too loosely). You have to have a huge dedication and passion for the job and the product, so it is soul destroying when someone else takes credit for the work you have done.

(I will put my hands up and say the job does not save lives and there are many people who's careers and jobs go on to make a large contribution to wider society. But in any profession, you would expect the recognition you have every right to for your work.)

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Some years ago this girl called Lydia, who had a bit of a bumpy start into job life, quitting MUA school somewhere in Eastern Europe (“I surely didn’t want to put make up on OTHER women!”),
Where is this from?

Reactions: 8

As a fashion buyer I would just like to say, the manner in which she is conducting herself and seeking the majority of the praise for this 'collection', is basically a huge slap in the face to the teams that actually developed and produced these items of clothing. Designers, Buyers, Merchandisers, Garment Technicians, Suppliers etc would have spent countless hours honing and perfecting the garments for approximately six months, reviewing design, stitch colours, seam lines, fabrics, fit ...ready for the product to be launched to the customer.

By not clearly communicating the colour palettes, it undermines the designers who would have spent time researching colour trends, reviewing the competitive market, collating pantones. By constantly referring to the need for the garments to be tailored, it insults the garment technicians who will fit and refit every inch of garment through multiple samples and multiple fit sessions. By claiming it is her collection, throws all of the hard work and effort the buyers and merchandisers put in to ensure the product that is delivered is trend focused, suits the customer profile and is negotiated to meet demanding margin targets.

I can't speak for KM as I have never worked for them so cannot speak for their work practices, but I have worked in multiple fashion offices and they are very high pressured environments (I'm purposely avoiding the word 'stressful' as stress can have medical repercussions and I don't want to use the term too loosely). You have to have a huge dedication and passion for the job and the product, so it is soul destroying when someone else takes credit for the work you have done.

(I will put my hands up and say the job does not save lives and there are many people who's careers and jobs go on to make a large contribution to wider society. But in any profession, you would expect the recognition you have every right to for your work.)
I think that Karen Millen sales have been low because of the pandemic especially because a lot of their items are tailoring and not many people are back at work yet.
A lot of other retailers have been able to adapt and launch a lot more lounge wear pieces and knitwear etc but this isn't Karen Millen aesthetic. They have finally granted Lydias wish to have her own collection but really they just want to use her as an advertising boost in an effort to drive sales. They are probably banking on the fact that Lydia preaches her love for tailoring so are hoping her followers do too, which some obviously do as they have responded saying they have their credit cards at the ready or maybe that is just their obsession with Lydia. :rolleyes:
Karen Millen have just launched their plus size range so if they were smart they would have given a plus size influencer the opportunity over Lydia as I'm sure that would bring in a whole lot more money for them.

Lidl said it in her first YouTube video. (Fact 10)

Sorry I meant the school in eastern Europe part 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 261651
Another Karen Millen - this time a jumpsuit she raved about in a video

View attachment 261652
Stained Marni bag (the one spotted on the floor, probably peed on by Bolly, used once on the ground in a picture in Italy) reduced again

View attachment 261655
Sage obsession fading? Apparently never been worn.

View attachment 261659
FaVe DeSiGnEr Johanna Ortiz being resold for £10

View attachment 261656
View attachment 261660
Why bother selling things for £5-£10 on Depop at all?
Oh Dee... again.. failed at her job. It's Nasty Gal not Nasty Girl. She had probably Lydia the nasty girl/gal in mind.

She's gone up another 1,000 to 896,000!
Oh god, as soon as she hit 900k there will be a tit show to celebrate her. I can't even..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

OMG love this and your insight! I agree a million percent as a person in a similar industry... she keeps saying my OWN edit and making it look like this is something she collaborated/designed when she's really just selecting already beautiful designs that were made completely independant of her and with a lot of expertise and hard work. Sure sales people are important to generate revenue but is she even doing that?

Anyways I hate when sales people make it about them and not the process and the people and the company that works so hard to create the designs that sales people have the privilege to show and earn money all at the same time. Love your post!

Can we repost this on EVERY single one of these fashion vlogger threads!?💞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I know we made fun of her running around all dressed up during lockdown... but she went from that extreme to THIS... worse than frumpy to show on her stories all day, during a dream collaboration.. and mind you none of it was her dream KM. That grey sweater with white shirt and a pony even with no makeup would have looked cute.

Would it kill her to find a happy middle like she used to? AND Why is she calling herself THIS LITTLE MOLE????????

7B857269-04B8-4247-892B-0DEAD7DB5F93.png
38BA5B26-0100-4758-9C6B-7D93B977CE3F.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I know we made fun of her running around all dressed up during lockdown... but she went from that extreme to THIS... worse than frumpy to show on her stories all day, during a dream collaboration.. and mind you none of it was her dream KM. Would it kill her to find a happy middle like she used to?
View attachment 262233View attachment 262234
Her caption about taking such good care of her hair has to be a dig at all the comments Nicki made about excessive heat styling and using hair masks etc plus all the tit we've talked on here about her straightening her hair immediately after applying oil.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I don't think she spends a lot...she's been very canny with what she shows and because she never goes anywhere we don't see her wearing more than a handful of things, and sometimes the same item for days on end. I'm sure most of it goes back. Where we see a lot of items e.g. intimisimemememe lingerie that will be gifted as she's an ambassador, so free...
To be honest her most worn item is a dressing gown! 😂
On the other hand Josie showed multiple, duplicate items (thinking beige and cream jumpers and coats in particular) when she filled her dressing room so, while she doesn't keep everything, she keeps a lot...
Yes, this ⬆ exactly! I have wondered for a while now, what - if anything, is hanging in the wardrobes. Either she does that thing of saving things for best (personally I think if you love it wear it and be happy) OR she (as you say) sends it back or (as we know) sells it. If only she was upfront about it she wouldn't seem so horrendously materialistic and vapid ( well....she might seem a bit less materialistic and vapid). If she declared 'so and so have sent me a load of their new season items, I'm going try them on, suggest a couple of ways to style them and let you know if I think it's worth you spending your hard earned cash on them.' Wouldn't that be refreshing?!? Instead, it's the thought of these outfits - worn briefly in her dressing room while she prances about, enthused over as though the ghost of Coco Chanel made it exclusively for her and declared to be the "most beautiful piece" "my absolute favourite" before being chucked in to an MDF prison never to see the light of day again that winds me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh my... claiming her KM “edit” (aka picking some items that are already on sale) as a “X” designer’s collection, yes, she thinks she is Gigi for Tommy Hilfiger…
Really poor quality of video content over the past weeks and months… Poo. Stories… endless giggles…no “real” content / day activities to show, defeat-mode on…
BIG announcement of ”her community guidelines” but where are they? How will she implement them into existing social media platforms such as IG, YT???
Spending huge amounts of money, again, again and again… on the most useless items that she doen’t even like (the “green-sage”bag)
Buying followers, maybe views too, maybe comments too… who knows…?!?

Some years ago this girl called Lydia, who had a bit of a bumpy start into job life, quitting MUA school somewhere in Eastern Europe (“I surely didn’t want to put make up on OTHER women!”), then digging into Ibiza nightlife for a while before turning back to the UK where her granny offered her B&B in her house, once began blogging and then, vlogging. No hate on that! The model-like looking girl with a huge love for fashion and styling, beauty and all the nice aesthetic things in life in front of the camera, why not making it a business? Hello AdSense, hello affiliate provisions, this is me, my name is Lydia!

To that point I almost liked her, enjoyed her vlogs from their old tiny house, the Vlogmas editions… so far, so good.

Now, some years and the purchase of a 1,3 M “bungalow”, guaranteed by her father (or someone else in the family) later, this girl is no longer happy with AdSense checks (that make, due to socialblade.com, between 1k and 10k for her each month alone) and affiliate provisions, this girl WANTS IT ALL! Why the hell? Does she think she is the British Chiara Ferragni? No, she isn’t and she’ll never be. She is not satisfying the wide, international mainstream audience such as Chiara, she has not been the first in the industry, she has not a crowd of educated, business-wise experienced and fame-liking family members supporting her business in all aspects, no sweet baby son to win even more sympathy, no, Lydia is NOT a Chiara!

Lydia could still be the nice happy girl vlogging about all her passions, fashion, beauty, herself, her cat, her husband and xmassy December ambience, she could (and should) still be happy with receiving her AdSense checks and affiliate provisions, this could easily make her a really good living without too many extra hours, not a living on millionaire’s level but a good one though if she would slow down her immense spending that look like they were supposed to fill the large gap of what she is and who she wants to be.... can anyone be more focused on money, on being “super-rich” that she actually is?
Beside money, she wants to be the FOUNDER, the tough business lady running a large enterprise, but no, if your job is to smile into the camera for YouTube and show your latest lipstick, tough business lady is not for you! She thinks she needs to have this TEAM of (paid and non-paid) people around her (and below her ;-)), why the hell? For creating 2 vlogs a week and IG stories, taking fashion photos in your house for social media and post affiliate links, you don’t need a team, you need no one but yourself, a tripod, a camera with a self-timer and maybe, once in a while, your husband taking a photo of you, that’s all! That may be a fulltime job, but isn’t that what any woman without kids has (or aims to have)?

Her business looks, even from the outside, not at all efficient, any banker would laugh out loud at her! She should stop pretending she was the new generation’s millionaire, the bossy woman running a big company (her own!) with a large entourage of course, the endless-spending-shopping-queen, the star she is not and as a YouTuber not meant to be. She is not Madonna!

For the sake of her mental health: Could she eventually be happy with what she already has instead of betraying herself and the rest of the world with buying too much useless stuff and a ton of fake followers that do nothing but ruin what she had build up in 9 years?
Chiara is LEVELS away from Lydia. Also an extremely diligent business woman and mother. She can aspire to Chiara type level of influencing but the ethic is lacking

Reactions: 17
The week she had off because of Lumi. I get a feeling she didn't have her Intimmissi (or whatever the duck its called) video ready and used Lumi as an excuse. Why else would you not just put it up if it was ready and you were contractually obligated to put it out before a certain date. Why would you say it was ready but wouldn't publish it. Nobody would say or do that. Especially when she has a fecking "team". Its BS for sure. I hope they drop the bint.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
OMG @Muff_Puff she also wore this for her ZIT tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤢

Either this is the only dress she owned for the month of September or she only put on makeup for that byterry story and then shot the bag comparison video from today☝, the ali and lydia choose outfits, and the :eek:☝👹 stories... alllll shot 3 weeks ago. ALL on the day she was supposed to upload an intimissimee video but was too sad SEPT 17th. hmmhmmm hmmmhmmm teee hhee hee hee

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.