Lydia Millen #39 Sickly cat, Ladyship stays in bed, Globy 404 not found

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know who mentioned it but someone said that the flower beds would be better if they were all lavender because they were just flinging anything in. Well guess what? Yip another tip from tattle. Your welcome lyds don’t rush to thank us oh and keep to the rules and regulations when you read here please. Oh and your white hydrangeas might not stay that colour but I won’t tell you why.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Are they effing serious with that movie picnic in their garden? All that waste? For a single night of staying in and watching a movie? Is that a custom printed PLASTIC sign for watching a single movie? All that fancy packaging and set-up for popcorn and snacks? For a movie night with two people? I am actually gagging at how much garbage just this one set-up for two people doing nothing has generated.

This is A MOVIE NIGHT??? Can they be any more wasteful and gluttonous and totally gross? How about some immigrant children standing over them fanning them with feathers? What about a barbecue with some exotic meats like leopard ribs and elephant steaks and a giraffe neck chili? How much more unsustainable and wasteful behavior can they exhibit in one evening? Is this supposed to be a thing that catches on? Is this meant to suggest that all couples should have a night like this and create enough garbage to fill a week in one stand-alone night? This is EVERYTHING we are not supposed to do right now in terms of the economy teetering on disaster as well as the environment literally blowing up at the amount of trash we have already heaped onto it. I am totally nauseated and offended.

(AND DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON CALLING DORITOS "NACHOS". AS SOMEONE FROM CALIFORNIA, THAT IS AGAINST MY RELIGION AND MAKES ME BREAK OUT IN HIVES. THAT IS JUST UN-GODLY. I THROW HOLY WATER IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF THAT.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Just been watching Ali’s vlog of the film night and I can’t stop laughing at them ‘cinema club’ notice board!! I don’t know if any of you have ever heard of another type of cinema club like I have! But my friend told me about one he goes to on the regular and it’s just making me chuckle that they’ve got that sign up with their pampas grass next to it 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
It's quite complicated and ever-changing. Higher Education (mostly universities) used to be free for UK citizens to attend. That changed in 1998, when they started charging fees of up to £1,000 a year. That was increased to £3,000 in 2004, and (controversially!) to £9,000 in 2010. That last increase led to nationwide protests, not just because of the sheer size of the increase, but also because the government at the time was comprised of a coalition between the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats, the latter of which had made a campaign promise not to raise tuition fees. This said, most students receive grants and loans from the government to cover this (and some living costs) while at university, and repayment is tied to the amount you earn after leaving university. Currently, if you make less than £25,725 a year, you are not required to make any contributions towards paying off your loan. If you earn more than that, you need to contribute 9% of your earnings - for most people, that is deducted from their paycheck (the same way we pay our income tax and National Insurance contributions).

All of this is made more complicated by the fact that the UK is actually a country made up of 4 countries, and some of them have devolved powers (for example, Scotland gets to govern its own education, healthcare, and transport). Because of this, Scottish students at Scottish universities receive grants from the Scottish government to cover their tuition fees (currently £1,820) which do not have to be repaid (note: this applies only for your first undergraduate degree). EU students in Scotland also received this treatment, and have been able to attend Scottish universities without having to pay any tuition fees themselves, though this is due to change. Controversially, English students studying in Scotland were required to pay much higher fees (£6,750) per year, which they could borrow from the UK government through the Student Loans Company as stated above.

Basically, each of the 4 UK countries have different systems that make university tuition fees here awfully complicated. For the sake of Lydia though, she was an English student who attended an English university and therefore has an obligation to pay back the money she was loaned for her tuition if she earns more than the threshold for repayment (currently £25,725 per year).
Thank you for explaining your system, over here in America many like me are loaded down with huge debt from loans to attend collage. In America Collage use to be free as well. My dad and mom both went for free. I don't mind higher taxes if our kids can get a good education.

Reactions: 10
Guys, I am genuinely confused. Why are we mocking Lidl for the edit with Karen Millen? Is it because it’s a small brand (I’ve never heard of it) or is there any scandal I don’t know of?

Reactions: 5
Are they effing serious with that movie picnic in their garden? All that waste? For a single night of staying in and watching a movie? Is that a custom printed PLASTIC sign for watching a single movie? All that fancy packaging and set-up for popcorn and snacks? For a movie night with two people? I am actually gagging at how much garbage just this one set-up for two people doing nothing has generated.

This is A MOVIE NIGHT??? Can they be any more wasteful and gluttonous and totally gross? How about some immigrant children standing over them fanning them with feathers? What about a barbecue with some exotic meats like leopard ribs and elephant steaks and a giraffe neck chili? How much more unsustainable and wasteful behavior can they exhibit in one evening? Is this supposed to be a thing that catches on? Is this meant to suggest that all couples should have a night like this and create enough garbage to fill a week in one stand-alone night? This is EVERYTHING we are not supposed to do right now in terms of the economy teetering on disaster as well as the environment literally blowing up at the amount of trash we have already heaped onto it. I am totally nauseated and offended.

(AND DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON CALLING DORITOS "NACHOS". AS SOMEONE FROM CALIFORNIA, THAT IS AGAINST MY RELIGION AND MAKES ME BREAK OUT IN HIVES. THAT IS JUST UN-GODLY. I THROW HOLY WATER IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF THAT.)

Totally agree! So ridiculous and over the top for just two people. Also, how many times does he need to zoom in on the bottle of Dom Perignon? 🙄 Showing off a bottle of champagne just shows their level of class; and you can’t buy that!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
The size of those beds😂😂 and they are going to create a path from them through the woodlands to the beehive. I have a picture of little Bambis skipping along it to the tune of Little April Showers happy that the householders are creating lunch boxes for them😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The Handsome Squidward filter on IG by jhonyaugust makes me look like Lydia a bit. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Guys, I am genuinely confused. Why are we mocking Lidl for the edit with Karen Millen? Is it because it’s a small brand (I’ve never heard of it) or is there any scandal I don’t know of?
No ones taking the piss out of Karen Millen, it’s more Lydia. I don’t think she’s mentioned them much over the last few months until recently and that’s obvious as to why now. As someone else said she’ll say how much “hard work” has gone into this and talk about it as if she’s worked her fingers to the bone making the clothes when realistically they will have given her a choice of pieces and she would have said yes or no. They will definitely be hideous and over priced also.

Reactions: 26
Personally I don't like Karen Millen because the companies owners have always been terrible. I avoid Arcadia brands too because Philip Green is a bleep and deserves to lose his knighthood.
In 2017 Karen Millen declared bankruptcy due to unpaid income tax. Karen Millen was bought and now is owned by Boohoo which is a huge fast fashion brand. Boohoo has been found out this year to have sweatshops in Leicester in the UK and the staff were forced to work during lockdown. The sweatshops may have been the reason for a massive spike in coronavirus cases in Leicester. Their lives were put at risk, whilst being paid £4 an hour. 50% less than the minimum wage for any over 25 years old.
Personally I have found that the quality of KM has gone down a lot and is just overpriced now. I would go as far as to say Zara is better quality.
For someone who constantly goes on about wanting quality pieces, for years to come, Karen Millen isn't the one and it's just another thing to add to the long list of bullshit lies Lydia tells.
In my opinion if you support Karen Millen you are supporting Boohoo which is doing terrible things to people and the environment.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Personally I don't like Karen Millen because the companies owners have always been terrible. I avoid Arcadia brands too because Philip Green is a bleep and deserves to lose his knighthood.
In 2017 Karen Millen declared bankruptcy due to unpaid income tax. Karen Millen was bought and now is owned by Boohoo which is a huge fast fashion brand. Boohoo has been found out this year to have sweatshops in Leicester in the UK and the staff were forced to work during lockdown. The sweatshops may have been the reason for a massive spike in coronavirus cases in Leicester. Their lives were put at risk, whilst being paid £4 an hour. 50% less than the minimum wage for any over 25 years old.
Personally I have found that the quality of KM has gone down a lot and is just overpriced now. I would go as far as to say Zara is better quality.
For someone who constantly goes on about wanting quality pieces, for years to come, Karen Millen isn't the one and it's just another thing to add to the long list of bullshit lies Lydia tells.
In my opinion if you support Karen Millen you are supporting Boohoo which is doing terrible things to people and the environment.
Wow I did not know all of this. I’ve never liked Boohoo but I did not know about the Karen Millen sweatshops, let alone about the brand itself. Thanks for explaining!

I wish we could know what she said 😢

This make up is a big no

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Nothing is free! You pay one way or another! 🤣
I said practically! But then just living has a cost! Otherwise you are on the street.

And homeless just like Lidl, while buying designer bags and doing clinic routine😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Wasn't Karen Millen also ranked worst in a review of UK fashion retailers' treatment of their employees? Iirc, they were forcing their employees to purchase clothing from the company they work for (with a discount, but still) and were forbidden to wear non-KM clothing for work. This basically amounted to paying their employees less than minimum wage. I've also heard reports of forced and unpaid overtime (just another form of wage theft).

At over £100 for a single dress, you'd think they could afford to pay their employees the minimum wage, or better - a living wage.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.