Lydia Millen #36 A block of cheese and pomme de terre, verbal abuse and ginger hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone work out what exactly shes trying to achieve with her face? I mean, when someone starts changing their appearance, you can usually understand what they are trying to do but i just cant see it with her? She's just seems to be making herself look ugly (I wouldn't usually use that word) but she used to be so much prettier! what is she doing? And why can't she see it?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 19
20200830_082407.jpg

Omg! This is sooooo tit!
Why not add a few steps instead of having to walk all the way around? She just hasn't got a clue.
Everything she does, she f*cks up!

Instead of getting the greenhouse (which is just another room for her to sit in and do nothing) why doesn't she get a proper outdoor kitchen like these?

outside-kitchen-600x450.jpg

20200830_082015.jpg

20200830_081932.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Hello from a silent lurker! Love all of you, glad I'm not the only one abhorred by, yet strangely fascinated with the peculiar life of Lydia Elise Millen.
I don't know how to quote in a reply, but @Oops... had asked price of the suite at the Shard. Only £3000 a night. What an absolute waste of money for ghd🤦🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 25
View attachment 227349

Omg! This is sooooo tit!
Why not add a few steps instead of having to walk all the way around? She just hasn't got a clue.

Instead of getting the greenhouse (which is just another room for her to sit in and do nothing) why doesn't she get a proper outdoor kitchen like these?

View attachment 227354

View attachment 227355

View attachment 227356
But then she would have 2 redundant kitchens...👩‍🍳👩‍🍳👩‍🍳👩‍🍳👩‍🍳👩‍🍳

Hello from a silent lurker! Love all of you, glad I'm not the only one abhorred by, yet strangely fascinated with the peculiar life of Lydia Elise Millen.
I don't know how to quote in a reply, but @Oops... had asked price of the suite at the Shard. Only £3000 a night. What an absolute waste of money for ghd🤦🏼‍♀️
I nearly fell off my copy of Gardening for the Terminally Daft when I saw this! I cannot believe she actually admitted this. It makes it worse in so many ways! So, if you add in the flowers, food, yoga, champagne and the goody-bags it must have cost in excess of £4,000. And all GHD got back was an advertorial for The Shard basically...something is wrong in the state of the world...this just doesn’t cut it does it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Do we have enough nice weather here in the UK to warrant an outdoor kitchen?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
As I said in a previous post, suites start at £800 per night, dep on view, day of week and size. Ghd would have got a deal....plus food, flowers, treatments etc
Not sure where Lydiot plucked £3k from but even if it wasn't that much it was still expensive!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Do we have enough nice weather here in the UK to warrant an outdoor kitchen?
was just thinking the same. Absolute waste of money in the uk. for the next 8 months the sun will set before 8pm.... hardly the right environment for al fresco cooking

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I nearly fell off my copy of Gardening for the Terminally Daft when I saw this! I cannot believe she actually admitted this. It makes it worse in so many ways! So, if you add in the flowers, food, yoga, champagne and the goody-bags it must have cost in excess of £4,000. And all GHD got back was an advertorial for The Shard basically...something is wrong in the state of the world...this just doesn’t cut it does it?
It's not the expense necessarily that bothers me, The Shard is amazing and iconic to stay at and I would definitely recommend it (the infinity pool is amaze), but it's the bragginess of her adding the cost to the description box under 'All this for me?'. She's obviously trying to validate her 'worth'. She has no concept of the current global reality. And all she did in reciprocation was to read from the GHD box and show us how to add a few waves kinks in her dirty greasy hair. Beyond basic.

The whole vlog was uncomfortable viewing, so I can only imagine it'd be similar for GHD. From the shrieking to the profanities. But what got me the most was the fakeness, the double standard of appearing to be genuinely overwhelmed that the suite was hers, but conversely coming across as being inconvenienced by the whole trip. She was complaining about how much she had to do before even leaving for the trip and planning a nap on the way home. It was her choice to have the yoga session at 7am, the whole 'this is how I roll' was total cringe. I'd understand if it was because they were planning a day in London and wanted to make the most of their time, but she just couldn't wait to get back on that sofa. The whole vlog just left a sour taste in my mouth (not due to a week's worth of ouzo 😂) and given GHD have paid top note for the trip, I doubt that was the intention they was aiming for.

Side note - @Oops... I do love your writing BTW, it's subtly clever and quirky 😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
As I said in a previous post, suites start at £800 per night, dep on view, day of week and size. Ghd would have got a deal....plus food, flowers, treatments etc
Not sure where Lydiot plucked £3k from but even if it wasn't that much it was still expensive!
I had a look and I think they were in the ‘London Suite’ which is £2800 per night. I looked at the ‘premier suite’ first but it said it had views to the south, which couldn’t be right as they were looking out over the city in the vlog (the shard is in London Bridge which is to the south of the city. I think it was this suite they stayed in:
018FAC39-7305-41C8-ADB0-A6DC36B0B652.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
2020isNOTtheone

Also all of Lydia's success isn't down to her as she likes to think but down to Carrie, so as weirdly obsessive and annoying as Carrie is she must be good at her job for making Lydia Millen what she is. Hope Carrie realises this and gets a job where she's treated better and her progress isn't hindered

Fionaelf13
PixelGirl said:

I really hope she doesn't get to 1 million followers. The bragging and smugness would be unbearable.

Yes I think you are correct about getting to 1 million followers. I kind of feel sorry for Lydia, you can feel her desperation. She has lost her way, all the yes people and free stuff have distorted her perception of reality. Also I've always gotten a funny feeling from Carrie, something is off with Carrie handling Lydia's business. I remember a video at Christmas time were they were having a gin at a hotel lobby bar somewhere in London. Carrie said she recognized the voice of man talking in lobby bar from a business phone call earlier in the day. Carrie said she knew the guy was a huckster and that she essential had saved Lydia, but it felt off to me. Carrie is not her friend anymore but her enabler keeping her in a needy position because Lydia is a sensitive & needy person. It's a job for Carrie now. How Lydia acts when Carrie hangs out with other people is child like and extremely possessive. It's never good to mix your friends with business or money. I wish Lydia would go into intense therapy to heal her demons. It's just my opinion based on their interactions.
I agree with this so much. I have always felt there is something up with Carrie, I wonder if she gaslights Lydia? I wouldn't be surprised. If they are both narcissists then it's a wonder they don't cancel each other out.

In fact, when Lydia, Ali, Carrie and their friends are in the Bungalow it's a wonder the world doesn't go off-kilter with all those enormous egos in one place!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I really think Lady Lydia is very impulsive. She sees something someone else has and she must have it. Once she has it she seems to despise it. She is trying to fill a void in her life but stuff won’t do that. She needs to work out what will genuinely make her happy and stick with it.

Well that was deep for a Sunday morning lol

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I really think Lady Lydia is very impulsive. She sees something someone else has and she must have it. Once she has it she seems to despise it. She is trying to fill a void in her life but stuff won’t do that. She needs to work out what will genuinely make her happy and stick with it.

Well that was deep for a Sunday morning lol
Lydiot is the Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) of the British Influencers.
In the movie, the scene where the guys are comparing business cards and Jared Leto's character shows the guys his business card, so much nicer than all of theirs ... and Patrick/Christian Bale starts mentally raging and losing his mind with jealousy. Because HE has to always be the best, and everyone must compete with HIM and not vice versa. She has to always come out on top. Lydia is PATRICK BATEMAN.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
In the movie, the scene where the guys are comparing business cards and Jared Leto's character shows the guys his business card, so much nicer than all of theirs ... and Patrick/Christian Bale starts mentally raging and losing his mind with jealousy. Because HE has to always be the best, and everyone must compete with HIM and not vice versa. She has to always come out on top. Lydia is PATRICK BATEMAN.
yes 😂 but instead of then going and killing someone, she will then go to someone else to fix her card/try to fix it herself, and then go back to the original, and then throw a tantrum because it’s not how she expected... and then run away without paying because why should she pay? Don’t we all know who she IS?!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It's not the expense necessarily that bothers me, The Shard is amazing and iconic to stay at and I would definitely recommend it (the infinity pool is amaze), but it's the bragginess of her adding the cost to the description box under 'All this for me?'. She's obviously trying to validate her 'worth'. She has no concept of the current global reality. And all she did in reciprocation was to read from the GHD box and show us how to add a few waves kinks in her dirty greasy hair. Beyond basic.

The whole vlog was uncomfortable viewing, so I can only imagine it'd be similar for GHD. From the shrieking to the profanities. But what got me the most was the fakeness, the double standard of appearing to be genuinely overwhelmed that the suite was hers, but conversely coming across as being inconvenienced by the whole trip. She was complaining about how much she had to do before even leaving for the trip and planning a nap on the way home. It was her choice to have the yoga session at 7am, the whole 'this is how I roll' was total cringe. I'd understand if it was because they were planning a day in London and wanted to make the most of their time, but she just couldn't wait to get back on that sofa. The whole vlog just left a sour taste in my mouth (not due to a week's worth of ouzo 😂) and given GHD have paid top note for the trip, I doubt that was the intention they was aiming for.

Side note - @Oops... I do love your writing BTW, it's subtly clever and quirky 😘
I agree wholeheartedly! It wasn’t even ‘for her’ - it was GHD budgetting for a marketing campaign which involved her, among others. Others who have since pushed out much better content! 👍🏻

Reactions: 29
I defo agree with the posts about the weird dynamic between Carrie and Lydia.

Even though Lydia is obviously more well off than Carrie, she is clearly jealous that Carrie has her own life, friends, had a career at some point, and has her own sense of style etc. Remember the vlog where Lydia went over to 'help' Carrie decorate the tree and all the backhanded comments she was making about her house and decor. IMO that's a clear sign of jealousy. Carrie has quite clearly bettered herself over lockdown (look at those arms!!) and had some life experiences. For whatever reason she's now selling her house which indicates she's in a good financial position to buy another (doubt it's because of what Lydia pays her but more likely she's a savvy saver and is now making use of no stamp duty till March, etc).

Carrie knows she enables Lydia and thrives off it, and this makes Lydia more and more needy. The more I think about it the more I feel Carrie is a ticking time bomb. In the sense she's doing as much for Lyds as she can so she can put experience of working with lots of well-known brands on her CV, building lots of contacts... and planning her escape to a better career. In the meantime though why not make the most of all the freebies while she can! She's a wily one I reckon...and tbh why not. Surely Lydia can't have expected Carrie to be her servant for the next 20 odd years or more!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
View attachment 227349

Omg! This is sooooo tit!

View attachment 227354

View attachment 227355

View attachment 227356
Completely agree. Makes no bleeping sense. In Oz, we wouldn’t dream of an outdoor living area without overhead cover. Cause, obviously, sun. Still, northern hemisphere wouldn’t you desire cover from rain, hail ,snow and sleet? Don’t even get me started on the lack of connectivity to the rest of the place. Ugh.

Reactions: 31
And another thousand followers onto her account today! Not noticed anyone else’s acc go up like this!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Is Carrie then the Reese Witherspoon character (I read the book but my brain can't be arsed to remember her name)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had a look and I think they were in the ‘London Suite’ which is £2800 per night. I looked at the ‘premier suite’ first but it said it had views to the south, which couldn’t be right as they were looking out over the city in the vlog (the shard is in London Bridge which is to the south of the city. I think it was this suite they stayed in:
View attachment 227432
Thanks! To be honest I was going to cossreference her vlog images with the hotel images but couldn't be bothered, but it makes sense.....
She is such an entitled, ungrateful cow, whatever it cost. Many or us know the building, some of us have visited and stayed there, but a huge number of her followers have never even been to London....how much effort would it take to give them more for their loyalty? As for ghd, they should drop her.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.