Lydia Millen #28 My Globy sales & ethics are low, if you dont like just unfollow!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Once she realises the greenhouse isn't going to be gifted. Plan B will go into action. 'Our carpenter', will build us a bespoke one. Ken will paint it. She'll buy some fancy Italian glass, shipped over and her minions will fit it. Then she will realise she knows nothing about gardening and can't even grow cress on a flannel. It will be turned into a Summer house with fancy Liberty blinds for Lumi to sleep in. Then as if by magic it will be pulled down and used as firewood. By the way Lyds. Josie has got two houses. Both fab. The only other thing you could fit on your vast estate is a Wendy house.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Once she realises the greenhouse isn't going to be gifted. Plan B will go into action. 'Our carpenter', will build us a bespoke one. Ken will paint it. She'll buy some fancy Italian glass, shipped over and her minions will fit it. Then she will realise she knows nothing about gardening and can't even grow cress on a flannel. It will be turned into a Summer house with fancy Liberty blinds for Lumi to sleep in. Then as if by magic it will be pulled down and used as firewood. By the way Lyds. Josie has got two houses. Both fab. The only other thing you could fit on your vast estate is a Wendy house.
Ah yes but a summer house would need planning consent...No, for simplicity, I definitely think my earlier idea of a landing strip for a private plane is what that garden needs. She can then make a Pinterest page of Lear Jets and Cessnas and someone will gift her one. Imagine, coming down from the gifted bed, into the gifted pool, breakfast of raw potato juice whilst she admires the gifted garden barbecue range and pizza oven (14 feet total length set up in an L for Lydia shape) and then its just a hop and a thkippety jump onto the private ✈. Perfect...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
So now she was ill? I thought she was just ‘having a tough time’. Which one is it??!!
Feeling poorly... taken to bed with a dose of woefulness over the failed launch. I'm sure it was a real blow to her ego. But sadly, it didn't result in any humility on her part.

• Sick
Reactions: 33
I read that as they gave her the recommended retail price as in they quoted her the RRP. I doubt she bought it. Maybe I’m wrong. I imagine the shock made her take to the bed and await her -knotted- bunch of lavender. I’d suspect the beg goes on...
I howled at this 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
She’ll need more than knotted lavender...about £20k or more for the BIGGER, BIGGER, BETTER glasshouse

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I couldn’t stand the thought of her being gifted a greenhouse because she is never satisfied with all she has and always NEEDS more, more and more. So I messaged this company on Instagram. Thank goodness there are still some companies who put their paying customers before greedy, spoilt, over-indulged beggars.
Also note that their reply arrived at 11:11. The angels are helping in the quest to stop influenza beggars...!! 🙊View attachment 174706View attachment 174707
It's interesting to me that they said that they noticed their followers on Instagram had grown somewhat. You can bash all you want but that's what both sides want. Her tagging them worked. I don't know what that equates to in $$ but regardless the quid pro quo did its social media thing. I have to think some more on this. To me, it's profound. ;)

Reactions: 6
What I can't understand is how she can look at what she has in that house and know that what she wears, what she eats, drives, furniture, garden, etc, even the trips she goes on, are all gifted or heavily discounted. Where is her self-respect, does she even know what that is?

• Sick
Reactions: 31
I know these companies gift things to influencers to help their business but lets say they gifted a box of veg to a family in need and that family posted it on IG/ FB I would be more likely to then go and buy a box from the company then if I see they've gifted it to wealthy influencers who can afford to buy their own!
The thing is... you'd likely not even know it if they did that. That's the rub of it all. The Influencers have the reach that most of us normal folk don't have. If I was gifted a box of free food... maybe I'd reach 20 people... LOL... so that's why they do it. It's sort of a vicious cycle. What's needed is respect for the gift and more of a spirit of paying it forward. Not just straight up entitlement attitude.

Reactions: 18
It's interesting to me that they said that they noticed their followers on Instagram had grown somewhat. You can bash all you want but that's what both sides want. Her tagging them worked. I don't know what that equates to in $$ but regardless the quid pro quo did its social media thing. I have to think some more on this. To me, it's profound. ;)
It’s one thing getting extra followers that like the look of a pretty insta feed, it’s another getting them to part with thousands of pounds for a greenhouse. Lydia isn’t a gardening channel and has no prior ROI figures for anything gardening related.
If it was something cheaper, bags/skincare/homeware related, yes it probably makes business sense for these companies to gift her free tit (because gullible idiots blindly buy what Lydia recommends) and she has figures to prove it, but not this. This is blatant beg and would definitely not be worth any company gifting her one (maybe something cheap, yes, but Lydia doesn’t do cheap)

I am glad they’ve got a few extra IG followers but I personally don’t think that would generate any extra money, IMO x

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Thing is when she does have to pay for anything major. She is never happy and gives negative reviews. We all remember the dressing room company and I think she also complained about that round marble table also. So if I had a company, I would not only NOT gift her anything. I wouldn't bloody sell her anything either.
Isn’t it amazing when Lydia is FORCED to pay for something she has very high expectations. If those expectations are not met she immediately takes to social media, tagging the business in order to get a response. My conspiracy theory is she does that deliberately in order to get a refund, full or partial.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
A few points...

If she has (we know most are fake) 800,000 followers she would have sold out 2000 kits easy!
Like someone said You dont roast new potatoes
If the company only deliver to the London area I cant see giving dumb & dumber 2 boxes full of veg/fruit is going to get more sales IMO. Lydia's followers dont seem to kind to go buying boxes of fresh veg.
well the majority are bots or live in the Far East so 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
It’s one thing getting extra followers that like the look of a pretty insta feed, it’s another getting them to part with thousands of pounds for a greenhouse. Lydia isn’t a gardening channel and has no prior ROI figures for anything gardening related.
If it was something cheaper, bags/skincare/homeware related, yes it probably makes business sense for these companies to gift her free tit (because gullible idiots blindly buy what Lydia recommends) and she has figures to prove it, but not this. This is blatant beg and would definitely not be worth any company gifting her one (maybe something cheap, yes, but Lydia doesn’t do cheap)

I am glad they’ve got a few extra IG followers but I personally don’t think that would generate any extra money, IMO x
Thank you for your thoughts. (y) I just find this fascinating.

Reactions: 9
What I can't understand is how she can look at what she has in that house and know that what she wears, what she eats, drives, furniture, garden, etc, even the trips she goes on, are all gifted or heavily discounted. Where is her self-respect, does she even know what that is?
She is entitled. She believes she is so important the world owes her something. Her so called self respect is tied to her getting things for free. It implies she is better and more worthy than the rest of us who have to pay our way through life. I do not for a moment think it crosses Lydia’s mind that her lifestyle is gross. To the average person she is a sponge with no dignity. In her eyes the gifts and freebies are from those who admire and adore her.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
A new post on the Glo account

"the ultimate dream for an independent pamper"

WTAF??

"innovative back application tool" they're having a bleeping laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Slight tangent, but is the fugly bungalow now her forever home? When they first moved in she said it was. Then last year she said it definitely wasn’t. Now all of a sudden it is. Any ideas as to why she flip flops?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The thing is... you'd likely not even know it if they did that. That's the rub of it all. The Influencers have the reach that most of us normal folk don't have. If I was gifted a box of free food... maybe I'd reach 20 people... LOL... so that's why they do it. It's sort of a vicious cycle. What's needed is respect for the gift and more of a spirit of paying it forward. Not just straight up entitlement attitude.
Oh I know I was just giving an example.(y)

Slight tangent, but is the fugly bungalow now her forever home? When they first moved in she said it was. Then last year she said it definitely wasn’t. Now all of a sudden it is. Any ideas as to why she flip flops?
Because she cant afford one like Josies yet.

• Haha
My goodness, Lidl will be fuming about that message from Griffin Glass houses! But good on them. don’t give your product for free, it devalues it when some grubby cheap influencerhas it. Those greenhouses are gorgeous but they are for a serious gardener who would spend money for a quality greenhouse for their plants and has a genuine life long passion for gardening. Not some fake rich, idiot on instagram looking for more likes via a gardening obsession that shes had for five minutes. Lidl would not use the thing long term, it would be left to rot.
We'll soon know if she is reading here if she mentions it!

I couldn’t stand the thought of her being gifted a greenhouse because she is never satisfied with all she has and always NEEDS more, more and more. So I messaged this company on Instagram. Thank goodness there are still some companies who put their paying customers before greedy, spoilt, over-indulged beggars.
Also note that their reply arrived at 11:11. The angels are helping in the quest to stop influenza beggars...!! 🙊View attachment 174706View attachment 174707
I love you ❤❤❤

• Heart
So now she was ill? I thought she was just ‘having a tough time’. Which one is it??!!
The "though time" to me is obvious the failure of Glo. But I wonder if she is trying to find a poor excuse to not assume her responsability.

I bet she has a list of excuses:
1- "I lost my cat". No, I used that one last year.
2- "I lost a baby". No, I have been drinking too much and maybe that will stop companies to send me free alcohol.
3- "I had a cold". No, people might think I have covid and won't let me have Ken, Carrie, cleaner... to come to my house and work for me.
4- "I accept Glo was a big failure". No, but Cawie told me this was a success and that I am a queen. And if Cawie says I did good. I did good.
5- "I ate too much gluten". Yep, that always work.
6- "I had period cramps". Yep, that always work too.

I bet the next vlog will be all about 5 and 6 excuses.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Talking about Ken the painter....lovely guy, great tradesman and obviously doing all this work for the money.
Just can’t stop thinking about how ignorant she was about the Xmas present he gave her....remember she just tossed it on the floor.😤

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
View attachment 174668
Without knowing who they are and reading her update, Ali sounds like her 3 year old grandson who has proudly scampered to the garden to pick some lavender and tie it with a string for his ill health nana...well done boi!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
YEEEEESSSS! Hallelujah! Absolutely perfect! Miscanthus will be thrilled too I just know it!

Of to the garden now to float in a long linen dress to plan where I am going to put my Spiffin’ Griffin Glass House. Oh happy day!
Woop woop! Miscanthus is absolutely bloody ecstatic! :m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.