Lydia Millen #190 Fell Off Her Pedal Stool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looks like Andy Pandy in those jim jams! :LOL:
I don't know why Lily and Bean are working with her again. They dropped her like a hot potato after #hairgate. They probably have a new person working with influencers and they are unaware of her past. The owner of L&B was even pregnant at the time and spoke with Nikki. If I remember correctly the original L&B contact person was rude and I believe replaced after #hairgate came to light. I wonder what they think of #slurgate?

• Wow
Reactions: 28
I don't know why Lily and Bean are working with her again. They dropped her like a hot potato after #hairgate. They probably have a new person working with influencers and they are unaware of her past. The owner of L&B was even pregnant at the time and spoke with Nikki. If I remember correctly the original L&B contact person was rude and I believe replaced after #hairgate came to light. I wonder what they think of #slurgate?
We now know Lily & Bean definitely dislike her if they designed those hideous jammies for her.

Talk about ugs......

• Haha
Reactions: 32
We now know Lily & Bean definitely dislike her if they designed those hideous jammies for her.

Talk about ugs......
She looks like a clown who drew her eyebrows on with a Sharpie. I couldn't sleep with that collar and those ruffles around my wrists.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She is desperate for money to wear those hideous paid for partnership pajama set. Lily & Bean did her dirty.
View attachment 2493755

Save the trees! what a waste of paper. From a person who listens to books on audible and doesn’t have a collection of books in her library shelves at home.

View attachment 2493781

Those PJ’s are horrific, at best she looks like that tacky 80’s Pierrot clown 🤡

IMG_4505.jpeg

However I think outfit and her personality and face is more this like fella:

IMG_4506.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I was just going to post 'Moron' when I read your post. She really is so full of herself, that it hinders herself from actually learning and improving. She is so sure she knows it all, all of the time. Does anyone remember when she posted a video of herself on a Zoom call, and she says that she just knows what people want. Do you think this was with the publisher or a bank and was applying for a loan to publish the book? I know when Young House Love published their books, they did a breakdown of the cost and profit. They had a bestseller and they said that they made very little on the first book but made more on the second and third books. We all know that there is no 2nd or 3rd book in Lydiot's future. Tik Tok is going to have a field day with #bookgate. From #slurgate to #bookgate in less than a month. Maybe her next book will be called EverGate...The Guide to Living a Gatefilled Life.
Hmmmm. 🤭
So how do we get Evermean on the BookTok algorithm ... ???

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Contributing Editor.
Mrs. Gordon, “author,” questions the correct spelling of daughters. A complete embarrassment per usual in front of the bookstore staff while surrounded by all those books. See clip.
I would’ve paid that lady good money to have first said “how do you spell it”?

How can you make a audiobook out quotes, recipes and blank pages? Who would pay for that?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
You can get a glimpse of how many blank pages there are at 51.24 in the latest vlog when she flips through. She says "I feel like I don't have any words" - clearly!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
The Dior jacket is far too tight across her back and upper arms it’s not one I’d keep.

Also I think the only reason she’s come up with the bridal thing is to earn from people like the wedding edition. I hadn’t heard of them until Leonora worked with them
---
I don’t know who Alex is who stood up giving the lecture but omg how boring 😴.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Evergreen: Discover the Joy in Every Season by Lydia Elise Millen | Goodreads

Down to a 2.1 out of 5 stars. No way would I blind buy a book under 4 stars, let alone 2.1 stars. Frow's book has a rating of 4.01 stars, and she actually composed and wrote the entire book herself and didn't just compile a bunch of quotes with the help of other people.

Finally, someone has mentioned the actual content, and it is a book of quotes written by others. This is how she has made the book so long. A quote per page, then a recipe per page, with Season title pages, and blank pages for the reader to jot down notes like 'Why did I buy this book' and 'That was a wasted twentyfiver'. #bookgate is going to be a bigger failure than Globy. I really hope that she financed the printing of this herself. This is a future Dollar Tree book for a buck.

Why would she think that she is an author if she just used other authors' quotes, and recipes that other cooks have developed? Sounds like none of this book is original work. I hope that @shabazsays receives a copy. His review would be fantastic.
Omg wow, of course it’s got a lot of blank pages and cut and paste quotes, shitney recipe and illustrations! Did she only write a page of word salad of her personal feeling of “rising from the ashes” per season and then just do quotes? I thought it was an awfully thick book for a few weeks of writing!

She should have just made a monthly planner and planner inserts with some illustrations and seasonal quotes for her minions. Then she could have gotten away with this. No wonder she’s saying to buy it for decor.

A book with so much hype that looks like a memoir to be a nontent is not going to sell in an actual bookstore when people can flick through it.

Now I can’t wait for everyone to get thier pre-ordered book and start leaving un-deletable reviews!!! If it’s a book without writing… then it’s no different than a tanning kit with no self tanner. She is taking advantage of her followers to pre-order without much description but the look of the packages/cover. It could be GLOBY all over again!

IMG_1044.jpeg

Fixed the countdown announcement for us tattlers… 🍿🍿🍿

IMG_1042.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Sounds like the book Alfie Deyes came out with which had very little in and some empty pages for you to 'doodle on' although his was called 'the pointless blog book' as it was pointless indeed. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
You can get a glimpse of how many blank pages there are at 51.24 in the latest vlog when she flips through. She says "I feel like I don't have any words" - clearly!!!
Omg good catch! So funny! I slowed it down for us….

---
The very excited bookstore lady said it all without actually saying it. She only talked about the “quality feeling” of the paper of the cover and how enthusiastic the followers are. She sure didn’t talk about the writing or nontent. No one did!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Omg good catch! So funny! I slowed it down for us….

View attachment 2494226
---
The very excited bookstore lady said it all without actually saying it. She only talked about the “quality feeling” of the paper of the cover and how enthusiastic the followers are. She sure didn’t talk about the writing or nontent. No one did!
It looks like a prop book

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Lol the Star Wars music and DRAMA ☕🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
1493E4EF-ED9F-418C-A73B-EAC86BED236A.jpeg

Oh my......

All sorts of stuff going on with her face here. And not in a good way.

What skincare product has she been using? - Candlewax. Her face looks wax like or plasticky. She is unrecognizable.

And those eyebrows need reconstruction, they are shocking!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Omg wow, of course it’s got a lot of blank pages and cut and paste quotes, shitney recipe and illustrations! Did she only write a page of word salad of her personal feeling of “rising from the ashes” per season and then just do quotes? I thought it was an awfully thick book for a few weeks of writing!

She should have just made a monthly planner and planner inserts with some illustrations and seasonal quotes for her minions. Then she could have gotten away with this. No wonder she’s saying to buy it for decor.

A book with so much hype that looks like a memoir to be a nontent is not going to sell in an actual bookstore when people can flick through it.

Now I can’t wait for everyone to get thier pre-ordered book and start leaving un-deletable reviews!!! If it’s a book without writing… then it’s no different than a tanning kit with no self tanner. She is taking advantage of her followers to pre-order without much description but the look of the packages/cover. It could be GLOBY all over again!

View attachment 2494200

Fixed the countdown announcement for us tattlers… 🍿🍿🍿

View attachment 2494191
I thought the book cover looked cheap and tacky.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Mrs. Gordon, “author,” questions the correct spelling of daughters. A complete embarrassment per usual in front of the bookstore staff while surrounded by all those books. See clip.
It’s like that lady is teaching her in year 4 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I thought the book cover looked cheap and tacky.
Agree and something about the white text is “jarring”. I think it’s too big like a novel.

But the lady didn’t have much to work with lol. Cawwie and Lydia kept fishing for compliments.

IMG_1048.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I thought she looked way out of her depth signing her fake book, how will she cope on Thursday evening? 🍿

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.