Lydia Millen #189 Liar, liar, dresses like Mrs Doubtfire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe she’s doubling down. Google is the answer here. You Google that word and the top hit is that it’s a derogatory term for people with Downs Syndrome. So duck off with your “it’s short for Mongrel” bullshit. Scruffy dogs don’t go around tucking their hair behind their ears so it makes no sense to even use it in that context.

As others have said, if mongrel is what you meant surely the minute you realised that the majority of your viewers have taken it as a slur towards Downs Syndrome then surely you would be absolutely mortified, apologise immediately and want to remove it immediately from the vlog.

But no once again, she deflects. Nothing is ever her fault, it’s all how WE perceive her words. She’s the victim, we’re the ones in the wrong for taking her words the wrong way. It’s disgusting how she has no accountability for her own words and actions.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Aussie over here 👋
I’ve never heard anyone use the word “m##g” and mean “dog”. If they mean mongrel, they say mongrel.
Exactly. Also, call me “woke” but I wouldn’t even use the word mongrel (even if it is to describe a dog) as it is also used by racists to describe people who are mixed-raced. It’s 2023, people use the term “mixed-breed” to describe dogs. Any word that has prejudice connotations to it isn’t accepted by most people in 2023.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I’m sorry but she’s of an age where words like that, and other derogatory words about people with disabilities, were thrown around at school as insults. The word just slipped out as I’m sure she’s a horribly offensive person on the regular when the camera isn’t rolling. She didn’t mean mongrel - she meant the British slang meaning of that word.
I’m around the same age and grew up in the UK and this word got thrown around at school when I was a kid too so no doubt she knows what it means and she should absolutely know better then to say it in public or in private.

She makes my blood boil

• Angry
Reactions: 47
Exactly. Also, call me “woke” but I wouldn’t even use the word mongrel (even if it is to describe a dog) as it is also used by racists to describe people who are mixed-raced. It’s 2023, people use the term “mixed-breed” to describe dogs. Any word that has prejudice connotations to it isn’t accepted by most people in 2023.
Yes, I was thinking even the term mongrel is a bit offensive these days…

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m sorry but she’s of an age where words like that, and other derogatory words about people with disabilities, were thrown around at school as insults. The word just slipped out as I’m sure she’s a horribly offensive person on the regular when the camera isn’t rolling. She didn’t mean mongrel - she meant the British slang meaning of that word.
Exactly! When I said she’s old enough to know what it means it’s precisely because during her school years this word was thrown around as an insult regularly, it’s bad but it was. I’m four years older than her so it’s the same era. Fortunately, for the most part, people have grown up, matured and learned that it is a vile word and don’t use it. Apart from Lydia Millen apparently.

Reactions: 26
Al
I can’t believe she’s doubling down. Google is the answer here. You Google that word and the top hit is that it’s a derogatory term for people with Downs Syndrome. So duck off with your “it’s short for Mongrel” bullshit. Scruffy dogs don’t go around tucking their hair behind their ears so it makes no sense to even use it in that context.

As others have said, if mongrel is what you meant surely the minute you realised that the majority of your viewers have taken it as a slur towards Downs Syndrome then surely you would be absolutely mortified, apologise immediately and want to remove it immediately from the vlog.

But no once again, she deflects. Nothing is ever her fault, it’s all how WE perceive her words. She’s the victim, we’re the ones in the wrong for taking her words the wrong way. It’s disgusting how she has no accountability for her own words and actions.
}

Also something to add the term mongrel when you call a human that is offensive in itself. I’m half Indian and I used to get called that word and mixed breed all the time as a slur. It’s not ok. She makes me sick

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
She absolutely 100% knew she was using a derogatory term. Whether she knew what the word actually meant, I do not know but she was using the word to insult her appearance so she knows it is an insulting word.

Whether she meant the word m*** or m****** it was being used as an insult so at her big age she should know better.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
That explanation isn’t very clear and probably won’t help matters. It could be read she that she “knows” the word has two meanings and she would never use the other version. If so, why would you risk using it at all and being misunderstood?

Or is she saying she’s only just found out the true meaning? No, she isn’t. The way she’s phrased it is as if it’s a shortened reference to a mongrel and a common term which, in order to prepare this apology, she would’ve found out it most definitely was not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Carrie’s a Trojan horse, engineering her downfall by taking control of her editing then encouraging Lydia to show more of her “personality” (offensive slurs and all) and filming her drunk and loose-lipped 🤭🤭🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I would imagine that right now, Lydia is on a phone call with Belle PR ... speed dial, of course. Gripping a packet of mini eggs and a banana ...

And filming it all for the gram.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.