Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ella1979

VIP Member
The hat isn't sitting flat though on the white hat box so maybe there is a wire headband sitting underneath it but the hat has a bigger crown (im 100% sure the crown is defiantly taller). Which means she would wear it on an angle and to me that makes it so much less wearable.

Reactions: 8

mustbeuni

VIP Member
Southern American soldiers or southern British soldiers? East coast Americans call it soda, Midwesterners and Westerners call it pop, and Southerners (or maybe just Texas does this) call everything Coke. West coast Americans are split and call it either soda or pop depending on location.
American. And I’m in California and no one ever uses the word pop. You only hear southern transplants use it. Everyone uses soda. And I’ve never heard when traveling in the west.

Reactions: 8

Sage245

VIP Member
I’m confused as to why you would post so much about your hair and the ‘love & attention’ you‘ve shown it, and then post an image like that? I have the same hair type as L, thick ‘bushy’, Hagrid/Hermione Granger hair. I’ve never bleached mine and providing I use the right products, it is soft and silky after a blow dry. Woman, stop bleaching your god damn hair. God didn’t design the rest of you to be blonde, there’s a reason it’s fighting back!
Tangent, but what products do you use? Mine is like Hermione/Hagrid too and I’m desperate to tame it!

Reactions: 7

ella1979

VIP Member
I just don't get why she wastes her money buying this crap, she can rent this sort of stuff when she needs it. It is not like she has anywhere to go.
I think that’s why this has the taller crown , so she can use it casually , even though it’s meant to be a special occasion hat

Reactions: 7

Labradork

American. And I’m in California and no one ever uses the word pop. You only hear southern transplants use it. Everyone uses soda. And I’ve never heard when traveling in the west.
My daughter lives in The PAC NW and it’s pop up there. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6

Little Dancer

Oh goodness I remember this flog. So many beautiful gowns & her mums absolutely oohing & ahhing each and every one of them bc they were all flattering on her. I remember thinking she looked like a Disney princess in one of the ballgown ones she tried on. So many ready-made beautiful pieces of clothing and she goes and customizes the oddest, ugliest dress I've ever seen 😅 Didn't compare or size up to any of the ones she tried on. And the reception dress was basically a longer version of a club outfit or an outfit you'd wear if you were attending a wedding, not actually your own 😂
It was just a mess. I think part of it is her insecurities and the fact that she's too inside her own damn head-- a feckless bubble of a world with no taste and secondhand ideas. LOL ...& I say that as someone who's been there, done that and have recognized my failings 🫠
Can’t remember her reception dress.

Reactions: 5

may67895

I’m SO sorry to be annoying but I can’t seem to find the answer in her click bate videos and there’s no many threads! Where is she moving to? As a cotswolds native myself ( near kingham) I’m worried! Could someone enlighten me?

• Haha
Reactions: 5

cotswoldlife

Chatty Member
Were your grandparents in an area where there were American soldiers during the war? If so I bet they picked it up from southern soldiers. I live in the west and no one says pop, unless they’ve moved from the east coast.
Interesting point, however I don't believe so 🤔

Reactions: 3

Lola.Petra

In the US we call them ‘wife beaters’. I’ll leave it to you to decide if they’re considered posh or not. 😳
I'm sorry I do not understand the term "wife beaters" that you use in the US or how it could be applied to a piece of clothing,what I meant with my post was that I find them practical during winter time , not that they are post. :)

Reactions: 1