Lydia Millen #166 Broke as a joke but donning a Rouge H tote!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Tamara's latest Black and Navy Birkin. The utilitarian look is 👌
And I have not seen any other influencer with this style of Birkin.

View attachment 1917390

I think Lydia's vintage purchase was a typical case of Instagram vs Reality.
On Instagram - bag is "merlot"
In Reality - yeah, sorry, the bag is RED.
Those darn filters that make everything look blurred and "merlot" instead of red.

Instagram : MERLOT
View attachment 1917387View attachment 1917388

Reality : RED
View attachment 1917389

If only Lyds could report Parisian Sweet to the ASA for using those darn filters 🤭

The bag is battered. Sooo battered.
As in, not good battered.
Certainly not £7000 battered.
Big YIKES.
I almost feel bad for her. Almost.
Yikes, just look at those scratches when you zoom in!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sooo I watched a blog of hers yesterday - life in the new house - Ohmygod talk about day and night. She’s excited, she buying modern furniture, she had the girls round, they’re drinking and dancing to the spice girls - what happened??? The bunga looked the best it’s ever looked. Honestly I was so shocked but what was weirdly interesting was a few things were already slipping in, the signs were there. If you’re bored and have the time on your hands take a look and see what I mean
Thanks for this- I've never seen this era of her before. Watched a little bit and... She's really likeable. Love the 1970 jumper and matching pink Gucci loafers.. the Smeg fridge freezer.. the house looks great. I NOW understand more of the decline 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Thanks for this- I've never seen this era of her before. Watched a little bit and... She's really likeable. Love the 1970 jumper and matching pink Gucci loafers.. the Smeg fridge freezer.. the house looks great. I NOW understand more of the decline 😆
Go back and watch some vlogs of her in the old house pre wedding and then after they have moved in to their current house. The difference from her back then to now is night and day. This grandma persona has only been around for 2 years.

• Haha
  • Sad
Are they even the same bag, one is beautiful and the other just grotty ?!
Did she want a vintage back to give the impression that she has always had it, so proof that she is old money?
Is the pope a Catholic? :ROFLMAO: That is the only reason she wanted a Vintage to make out her mother/stepmother/grandmother has handed it down to her!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hahaha

View attachment 1917422

---

Doesn’t a tattler have a rouge H bag? Can you please describe the color? Is the pic in the Aston accurate or filtered to look red?

And let’s all be real here. She wanted a vintage bag so it appears as if she is the one who originally owned it and has always worn Hermezzzzz. Lame
B40EEB7D-BEA4-4303-A7FC-0CE5AFD51272.png

Christie’s are auctioning some of André Leon Talley’s estate items and there is a Rouge H bag on the list. Lydia hoped for this colour but got a battered fire engine red instead

• Haha
  • Wow
Never used it lol

---

No need to say sorry hun, her garden is nice just think she's overloading it with oak lol, hopefully will look better in spring/summer 😊
Using the ignore button is like putting your fingers in your ears and la-la-la-ing, not much different to Lydia inoculating herself from neg news. It’s ok to respectfully disagree, it helps the thread to move along. However we ought not to make judgments about each other based solely on what we write here as meanings and nuances are often missing and innocuous comments can seem provocative. I was surprised that the original poster admires Elsie’s garden, it’s not to my taste, too busy, however, when I was planning my garden, I too wanted all white blooms so I nod to Lydia re that.

Reactions: 20
I love Tamara's latest Black and Navy Birkin. The utilitarian look is 👌
And I have not seen any other influencer with this style of Birkin.

View attachment 1917390

I think Lydia's vintage purchase was a typical case of Instagram vs Reality.
On Instagram - bag is "merlot"
In Reality - yeah, sorry, the bag is RED.
Those darn filters that make everything look blurred and "merlot" instead of red.

Instagram : MERLOT
View attachment 1917387View attachment 1917388

Reality : RED
View attachment 1917389

If only Lyds could report Parisian Sweet to the ASA for using those darn filters 🤭

The bag is battered. Sooo battered.
As in, not good battered.
Certainly not £7000 battered.
Big YIKES.
I almost feel bad for her. Almost.
I blew up the picture and man! The little strap at the top front is beyond gross, not to mention the scratched to hell hardware and grotty corners...Even the flat leather is scratched all over! You couldn't pay me enough to use this bag.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I blew up the picture and man! The little strap at the top front is beyond gross, not to mention the scratched to hell hardware and grotty corners...Even the flat leather is scratched all over! You couldn't pay me enough to use this bag.
She definitely overpaid if the guy sold this for £7000. That’s $8600 good ‘ol American dollars. I found one for €4000 that’s in waaaaaay better shape.

• Wow
  • Haha
Also, I’m beginning to think Lidl scrapes off the sauce from her pasta after taking a photo of it. Otherwise why would she insist on posting a photo of dry looking pasta with dog puke just splooshed on top?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ummm so where’s the sauce … the pasta to ‘sauce’ ratio is awful
534BE501-DEA4-4C77-BBD9-3504B6A05782.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I’m just so put off these bags, they are everywhere. The way they are left hanging open makes my teeth itch.
The mini bags on Lydia look like a toy handbag you’d buy for a child.
The Birkin looks OK open and it's more functional that way, too. But I tuck my sangles in place, so they don't stick out and get misshaped and this is how I use mine. The Kelly looks ridiculous left open with the sangles sticking out. Some people tuck the sangles in place and then place the flap closed on top for easier in and out. I don't own a Kelly because I have two bags (Cartier & Ferragamo) in that shape already, but I feel the shape is too formal (especially in the Sellier form) to use it in the influencer 'I don't give a $hit' style. On a side note, my Birkin Rouge H journey (LOL) hit a hiccup. The authenticator contacted me and said the bag was legit, but the dust bag was not, so I had the option to opt out without losing any $ and so that is what I did. She has basically sucked the joy out of it for me. This started in October before she even mentioned the color and when I purchased the vintage lambskin Hermes coat. So now I have changed my course. I will use my Cartier bag with the coat and my next search is for a Hermes shoulder Birkin in Clemence Noir with PHW. I think this bag will work great with my jeans and moto jacket and it's more me, too. I love my 30cm Birkins, because they work for me as an everyday bag. But since I do not need a third one, I think the shoulder version is more me and just as useful. Plus, it is from the Jean Paul Gaultier era at Hermes. I have three handbags from his line and one from his era at Hermes already so I think the shoulder Birkin will fill a niche in my collection. The beotch at the bunghole better not even mention a shoulder Birkin or you will hear me scream all the way from MI and across the pond to London. One last thing. The way she holds her Kelly mini is so odd. It screams "oh look at me, I have a Kelly mini, I have a Kelly mini, look at me and my T Rex hand". Just like the overuse of her diamond Boodles earrings. She gives it away that she hasn't always had expensive items in her life.

---

View attachment 1917827
Christie’s are auctioning some of André Leon Talley’s estate items and there is a Rouge H bag on the list. Lydia hoped for this colour but got a battered fire engine red instead
Lydiot mistake was buying a bag in box leather and in the Sellier style. It will never have that good worn in slouchy look because the leather is shiny and hard. I love box leather but it is more dressy than casual. The good side is that I have read that even though box leather scratches easily it can be rehabbed back to nearly new. She should have looked for a Kelly in Retourne style and in a leather like Clemence, that is soft.

Like this bag but in Rouge H. I love this bag, but my mind is set on a shoulder Birkin but if it wasn't, that bag would be in my cart in a heartbeat.
HERMES Box Kelly Retourne 35 Anemone 1127765 | FASHIONPHILE

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Wow! I only found out who Lydia was through Savoygate. I’ve never seen her like this. So much energy! She laughs at herself, she downplays things, her enthusiasm seems so authentic, there’s verve and joy. (But the Carrie colonization is definitely sprouting, isn’t it?) Comparing her vlogs now, it’s like she’s been dementored: they’re so heavy, dark and lifeless, filled with ineffectively suppressed narc rage. Just wow.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.