Lydia Millen #151 Still an idiot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOVE Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt but if you're looking for something deeper try 154 or Amber and Patchouli from the Huntsman Jo Malone range.
For me the best one of the bunch was Dark Amber & Ginger Lily (but then again, I did work there for several years and had a fair amount of opportunity to explore). If you liked 154 and Amber and Patchouli, I wonder if you'll like Black Cedarwood & Juniper? (I literally had to go to my fragrance drawer to remind myself of that one!) I tried Amber and Lavender once, and only once - couldn't wait to wash it off my skin! 😅

Better bring this conversation back to Elsie though, or we'll get told off for hijacking the thread. lol. Strangely enough, it was Teefers and Elsie who introduced me to the brand - so I'm grateful to them for that small thing... 😘

Bleu de Chanel is pretty good ( men’s)!
For me Chance( 1st version) , miss Dior ( first version), coco mlle and matière noire ( LV)!

Laura is the same age as granny Mac Millen! Unbelievable 😂.
If we're talking Chanel - I just can't go past Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, and I find it to be quite a delicate fragrance.

(By the way @MilkingKeynes Dior Eau Sauvage is definitely not a light fragrance in my view).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think they should just stop this fake life and be themselves, but then I read on here them being mocked for poor spelling and the way they speak in their normal accents

My own spelling and grammar isn’t the best, but I am very good at my job

just my thoughts today

I hope someone has reported the undisclosed promotion of the nail polish, I feel sorry for Alex being tied up in that advert too

That makes sense re her earrings gone, so many others promoting the advent calendar from A&M

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
When I was young, I was in figure skating. Her ugly tights remind me of the leggings we would wear to keep our legs warm.
AC258461-838D-477D-A15C-82C1861CBDC9.jpeg

C48D948A-C625-457B-B133-DDE0C3AA7CE7.png

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I thought I would try to clarify the calorie/kcal/kj debate but it seems complicated.
@Julia123
In the USA it's just calories that are used but in Europe we use all three terms.
However with exercise you would usually use calories not kcal. When checking calories in food you would look at kcal.
Also, you could probably use up 200 calories just by living. It's a very low number for any form of exercise as you say. Hardly working very hard, Lidl! View attachment 1651029
As a molecular biologist I’ll add, in the US we incorrectly use the term “cal” in place of kcal when talking about food and nutrition. 1 calorie is the amount of energy needed to raise 1 gram of water 1 degree celsius.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
STOP IT ! When was this though? Is it recent? Means she's had stocks of globy laying around somewhere for all this time?
Yes, in « the Vault ». She has just emptied it and put her clothes in there. I believe she waited being so embarrassed and hoping that globy had been completely forgotten. Or maybe the kits were under the patio that was creating anxiety!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

I found the sold out post!
Yeah, I remember the poll and her saying that she would love to launch her own clothing line. I must say I respect Victoria for being open, and not coming up with some shady excuse or coverup. Launching a physical product, esp. in fashion, finding suppliers etc. - it's a time consuming and expensive project.

OR you pick come crap from a catalog, slap your logo on it, and then lie about it all.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Yeah, I remember the poll and her saying that she would love to launch her own clothing line. I must say I respect Victoria for being open, and not coming up with some shady excuse or coverup. Launching a physical product, esp. in fashion, finding suppliers etc. - it's a time consuming and expensive project.

OR you pick come crap from a catalog, slap your logo on it, and then lie about it all.
I don't think Victoria gets enough credit for this. Also, she hasn't changed her accent to my ear.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I think Claire chanelle is having difficulty too launching rue Sloan or what ever cheapo nylon crap she is creating!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I think Claire chanelle is having difficulty too launching rue Sloan or what ever cheapo nylon crap she is creating!
I work in the industry and it can take years to get the sampling right, unless you have actually training in pattern cutting/tailoring/grading etc. There are thousands of brands launching annually, so the pressure to find quality suppliers is tough. Even when influencers go down the Alliexpress route, they end up realising the quality and sizing is shocking.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
What a peculiar jacket. Is this some horsey attire I don't understand?

When I see her hair like that I know it's all pulled forward and there is nothing at the back.

Her left eyelid is definitively droopy....
What one poster said about HC being a glorified River Island is soooooo accurate! I can't unsee it now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I am sooooooo shocked by this! This puts a completely different slant on the brand and it’s image! I have quite a lot of their stuff and now I feel a bit embarrassed that I have. I totally bought the made in UK claim. A bit down in the mouth now I’ve found this out. Can’t bear the idea of violence either by threat or otherwise. I really find it most upsetting.Thank you @InTheFroset for bringing this to all our attention. I doubt I will ever buy from them again now. I loved JHC’s place in Cheltenham and thought the whole set up was so classy! Just goes to show that things are seldom how they seem in the real world.
Me, too. I liked my items and was pretty much assured of not running into another person with the same item. But its appeal is gone now. I've been #uninfluencedbyJadeHolland

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
If she says mon dieu one more time!

I'm watching her most recent video, I wonder if she knows that the National Trust is a charity? Doubt they'd be paying for her to trudge acting like she's the lady of the manor
When she said that I thought "they don't need her they already have the best: Mrs Crocombe" but she's actually on English Heritage channel not on National Trust'. The national Trust recipe videos are boring in comparison. Lydia and her thermomix recipes could never compete with Ms Crocombe.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.