Lydia Millen #15 Fur couture to entrepreneur! Its all about Chanel, wearing gifted REAL fur...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
watching that video, I wonder why people are not policing what influencers are posting, ASA for instance. And how Lydia puts PR or PR Gift on things, when she knows that is not acceptable, i don't know why she's not been caught out yet.

Reactions: 7
watching that video, I wonder why people are not policing what influencers are posting, ASA for instance. And how Lydia puts PR or PR Gift on things, when she knows that is not acceptable, i don't know why she's not been caught out yet.
I don't know if its because this you tube (InformOverload) channel is Canadian (commonwealth country and all), but I find it strange that they are specifically talking about UK influencers and the ASA/CMA. Almost like someone tipped them off. Anyway, its great that its being brought up now.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Just under 340 quid on five books she’ll use as coasters before she’ll crack them open to read.

Her books are on the same level as her fake flowers, her iPad, her thermacrap,
expensive items to gather dust

Reactions: 13
Just under 340 quid on five books she’ll use as coasters before she’ll crack them open to read.

Her books are on the same level as her fake flowers, her iPad, her thermacrap,
expensive items to gather dust
I notice on one of her videos someone commented asking if she still used her therma as they wanted to buy one...she never replied.

Reactions: 4
Don't know if/when the ASA/CMA take action & if the account in question would be suspended from uploading or the influencer fined. Either way we will carry on reporting her undeclared ADs & 'calling her out' in an online community. So thanks for the advice Lydl.. but in her own words 'get yourself a girl (women) who does (do) both'.

Attachments

• Heart
I notice on one of her videos someone commented asking if she still used her therma as they wanted to buy one...she never replied.
the thermacrapola really turned me off Lydia, more so than I ever had been before,
She was given hers for free, then had the absolute cheek to try and beg for one for her gran!
it’s only a while ago she got a new version for free, gave Carrie her seconds and when Carrie asked for the cookbook that came FREE with it you could tell she didn’t want to include it, she actually told Carrie it wasn’t included!!! It was very clearly not banter disguised as banter, at least Carrie clapped back that she was the only one that cooked with it.

miserable stingy bint.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Lydia should actually be quite concerned with this. She has a following but is small enough for them to make an example out of her. They aren't going to go after Rita Ora or Zoella and create some long drawn out legal battle.

I don't think it will go as far as a prison sentence but that doesn't mean it won't be horrible either.

Reactions: 6
Don't know if/when the ASA/CMA take action & if the account in question would be suspended from uploading or the influencer fined. Either way we will carry on reporting her undeclared ADs & 'calling her out' in an online community. So thanks for the advice Lydl.. but in her own words 'get yourself a girl (women) who does (do) both'.
I'm fairly sure the real reason she's so reluctant to disclose is because of the tax payable. Say she gets a 3 grand table or flooring gifted - even if she receives no additional sponsored payment, that's still around £1400 tax. I bet that really stings when it's not even her perfect table. Imagine having a house full of 'not quite to your taste' stuff and having to pay tax on it. She's said that she's going to declare every item as gifted just in case. Does this mean that she declares all those items to the tax man too? It's only a matter of time before someone presents an itemized list of items for the year with a tax payable amount. Also, the trouble with getting all these items and services for free means you don't have an awful lot to declare as a deductible either.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Claims doesn't read here...Yet in last video says SHE'S decided to do a beauty cupboard clearout & giveaway......just weeks after she uploaded a boring ass beauty cupboard clearout & tattle commented she never gives f*ck all away. That therapy didn't work. She's nuts #contentbytattle

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Re: comments above - twice in the last week she has 'asked the audience' what kind of vlogs, videos they want to see. Ok that's not a bad thing to do, but twice in a week, shows she has no content, no plans, nothing drawn up and scheduled, and no clear direction to go in.

She cleared all her beauty products out very recently - imagine how much she gets sent if she's doing it again! And her doing a give-away - if that actually happens is all credit to us here for calling her out on never ever doing that!

She's obviously thought about the declaration situation, and I think that is clearly why she has labelled every video and every post as pr and pr gifts - even though that is incorrect, she thinks it's a blanket way of covering everything listed so she can't ever get in trouble for it.

Just thinking that along those lines - I wonder if the stuff she actually buys - Chanel and Dior - she might be putting those through the business as expenses of some kind and getting the tax or vat back on them (not sure how it works). There may be some way round that, if those items are appearing in videos and they are listed in the description box, affiliate links as well, maybe she is claiming they are gifts in respect of tax/vat or some kind of tax deductible business expense? She is very shifty so wouldn't surprise me!

Reactions: 14
1.If you've got the ability to open a freebie parcel & sit at your computer creating a affiliate lynx, then you also have the brain power to type 'gifted'.

2.If you have the ability to email a brand your bank account details to receive money for promoting their product, you are also perfectly capable of typing 'AD' in a description box. And adding it to the screen as you edit your video. Aswell as opening your mouth as you begin your vlog/start recording your sit down video & say 'blah have paid me to talk about whatever product in this video'.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
1.If you've got the ability to open a freebie parcel & sit at your computer creating a affiliate lynx, then you also have the brain power to type 'gifted'.

2.If you have the ability to email a brand your bank account details to receive money for promoting their product, you are also perfectly capable of typing 'AD' in a description box. And adding it to the screen as you edit your video. Aswell as opening your mouth as you begin your vlog/start recording your sit down video & say 'blah have paid me to talk about whatever product in this video'.
Didn't she put AD in the description box then wrote this is not a paid for promotion. Talk about confusing.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
I think more people should report her to HMRC. Here's why:
She clearly thinks she's clever by listing EVERYTHING as PR/Gifted then saying she bought it, rather than being honest and just saying what items she did actually buy (the cheap tit). She's deliberating being obtuse about it and do it 'her way' because she doesn't want to actually follow the proper CMA/ASA rules.

If she was reported to HMRC all the time for not paying tax on these gifted items yet it says in black and white that she's declared, in a public capacity, that all these items are gifted, she would have a pretty difficult time trying to prove to HMRC that she's paid for them all. Granted, she might keep the odd receipt for a Dior handbag, but everything else? Nah. She's made it easy for HMRC as she's affiliate linked every single item so they know it's worth, and every video has thousands worth of gifted items.

This was, she either gets slapped with a much bigger tax bill, and why the hell shouldn't she when the every day Joe has to do the same. She starts actually declaring things properly and paying tax properly, or she stops listed affiliate links altogether.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
What on earth is she banging on about? The biggest influencers have a hand in everything - beauty, fashion, and lifestyle - can someone name me one huge influencer that does just one of those? Ever heard of Sivan Ayla? I always compare her and Lydia and Lydias “work” is laughable. “The industry which does everything to make you one dimensional” hahaha oh god the horrible injustice.

34E959DB-8742-4362-AED7-A4F1745E7028.png

• Sick
Reactions: 11
well we only have her word that it was their most successful campaign, they probably just said yeah it was really great one of our best...and she's off.

Tell me that tit jumpsuit and a few cards on hangers in-store was more successful than some of their collaborations - no way!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What on earth is she banging on about? The biggest influencers have a hand in everything - beauty, fashion, and lifestyle - can someone name me one huge influencer that does just one of those? Ever heard of Sivan Ayla? I always compare her and Lydia and Lydias “work” is laughable. “The industry which does everything to make you one dimensional” hahaha oh god the horrible injustice.

View attachment 85976
Translation: "I don't get invited to Fashion Week shows but according to H&M I am the very best in fashion industry."

• Haha
Reactions: 25

View attachment 85976
Well seems like somebody is having a brat attack for not attending they Fashion Weeks. It reeks of her desperation and how it's eating at her that no designer wants her to be seen at their show!

Reactions: 15

View attachment 85976
Hang on - didn't she tell people a few years ago that she wasn't interested in being relatable? Changed her tune then.

• Sick
Re: comments above - twice in the last week she has 'asked the audience' what kind of vlogs, videos they want to see. Ok that's not a bad thing to do, but twice in a week, shows she has no content, no plans, nothing drawn up and scheduled, and no clear direction to go in.

She cleared all her beauty products out very recently - imagine how much she gets sent if she's doing it again! And her doing a give-away - if that actually happens is all credit to us here for calling her out on never ever doing that!

She's obviously thought about the declaration situation, and I think that is clearly why she has labelled every video and every post as pr and pr gifts - even though that is incorrect, she thinks it's a blanket way of covering everything listed so she can't ever get in trouble for it.

Just thinking that along those lines - I wonder if the stuff she actually buys - Chanel and Dior - she might be putting those through the business as expenses of some kind and getting the tax or vat back on them (not sure how it works). There may be some way round that, if those items are appearing in videos and they are listed in the description box, affiliate links as well, maybe she is claiming they are gifts in respect of tax/vat or some kind of tax deductible business expense? She is very shifty so wouldn't surprise me!
I thought that too... possibly been advised by her accountant to get spendy before end of tax year, hence the crazy purchases all at once.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.