Lydia Millen #15 Fur couture to entrepreneur! Its all about Chanel, wearing gifted REAL fur...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know last night I was thinking, and this may be quite an unpopular opinion I know not everybody is going to agree with meā€¦

To be honest even Iā€™m not sure really how I feel about the whole situation, but thereā€™s like a part of me that feels as though (although of course you can never compare Lydia with the likes of Caroline Flack), I can understand that she is also a human and that she might have feelings and that she may read certain things about herself online which will hurt herā€¦ I know I personally havenā€™t made a comment about her appearance (correct me if Iā€™m wrongā€¦) But I know for sure Iā€™ve definitely made many comments about her personality and lack of awareness around the real world and sometimes I think to myself are the comments Iā€™m making going a little too far, could this be perhaps the 10th, 20th, 100th comment like this shes seen todayā€¦ That could have an impact on anyone, I know if I was reading hundreds of comments like that on a daily basis I would for sure go into deep depression, I know Iā€™d like to Think that perhaps people these people making comments about my life have a point and that maybe I should be looking at my own life and really reflecting on what I am doing as a human and whether my actions are right and whether I should be changing thingsā€¦ then thereā€™s the other part of me that thinks well she has the power to remove herself from the situation and this lifestyle and unfortunately with social media and influencing and blogging youā€™re putting yourself into the limelight and you could easily remove yourself from it as wellā€¦ Which I know that Lydia would never want to do because of all the perks that come with it for her. Hence why I said at the beginning that Iā€™m not really sure how I even feel about situation..

Sorry for the ramble, I know this place is somewhere we can all discuss and share our opinions and bring to light some of the ridiculous, stupid and downright annoying Things that Lydia does, or others, on other threadsā€¦ So I hope that Iā€™m not the only one feeling this way, donā€™t get me wrong my opinions of Lydia havenā€™t really changed, maybe I just feel like I need to take a step back from this page in particular and sharing some of those opinions I have online..

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She really doesn't get it. Im not going to assume what was going on in Carolines mind and life. Sadly people take their own lives for any number of reasons. I believe she had been having mental health struggles anyway. Unfortunately if you are in the limelight then its kind of expected for people to call you out on your abhorrent behaviour. In CF situation it happened to be the attack on her BF. But Lydiot wants to make it about the media, trolls and bullying again.
What she doesn't understand is there are many ways to make people feel inadequate and worthless. Influencing is definetely one of them.
I do wonder and I hope this never happens (maybe it has and there has been no connection made) but I do wonder what she would say if a parent on social media called her out for being the reason her young impressionable daughter took her own life because she got herself into debt and felt depressed because she was trying to keep up with her lifestyle that she thought was real. Well we all know exactly what she would say. She would probably blame the poor girl. It would be typical Lydia. Ok to blame the media for CF but don't blame me if I was the cause of someone taking their own life. God she makes me sick.
On another note. OMG Ali is dumber than a bag of rocks. Sorry but I could not be with someone that stupid. "cost per value" FFS :ROFLMAO:
You're so right and speaking the truth. These "influencers" are driven by their hunger for fame, popularity, greed and wealth. Yet those like Lydiot can only point out the harm others might do to her but not for an instant has she ever sat and thought about the lies, fraudulent clams and fake lifestyles she puts out there knowing very young, impressionable people are watching. Just like Lydiot to stand there and point fingers at everyone else but not once has the awareness or insight to think of what negativity she may be putting out to the world. Her stupidity, arrogance and self-righteousness is stunning.

You know last night I was thinking, and this may be quite an unpopular opinion I know not everybody is going to agree with meā€¦

To be honest even Iā€™m not sure really how I feel about the whole situation, but thereā€™s like a part of me that feels as though (although of course you can never compare Lydia with the likes of Caroline Flack), I can understand that she is also a human and that she might have feelings and that she may read certain things about herself online which will hurt herā€¦ I know I personally havenā€™t made a comment about her appearance (correct me if Iā€™m wrongā€¦) But I know for sure Iā€™ve definitely made many comments about her personality and lack of awareness around the real world and sometimes I think to myself are the comments Iā€™m making going a little too far, could this be perhaps the 10th, 20th, 100th comment like this shes seen todayā€¦ That could have an impact on anyone, I know if I was reading hundreds of comments like that on a daily basis I would for sure go into deep depression, I know Iā€™d like to Think that perhaps people these people making comments about my life have a point and that maybe I should be looking at my own life and really reflecting on what I am doing as a human and whether my actions are right and whether I should be changing thingsā€¦ then thereā€™s the other part of me that thinks well she has the power to remove herself from the situation and this lifestyle and unfortunately with social media and influencing and blogging youā€™re putting yourself into the limelight and you could easily remove yourself from it as wellā€¦ Which I know that Lydia would never want to do because of all the perks that come with it for her. Hence why I said at the beginning that Iā€™m not really sure how I even feel about situation..

Sorry for the ramble, I know this place is somewhere we can all discuss and share our opinions and bring to light some of the ridiculous, stupid and downright annoying Things that Lydia does, or others, on other threadsā€¦ So I hope that Iā€™m not the only one feeling this way, donā€™t get me wrong my opinions of Lydia havenā€™t really changed, maybe I just feel like I need to take a step back from this page in particular and sharing some of those opinions I have online..
What I can say for all of us is we are not making these comments on her blog, videos or posts. Nothing being said directly to her or any of her followers. We have a right to our opinions but we choose to do it separate from her social media and not to her directly at all. If she chooses to come here, however, that's on her completely and nothing we should apologize for. Besides we call out her lies, arrogant and false claims more than anything. I suppose she expects no one to say one thing negative about her. If so, she has lost all sense of reality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I mean it was only a few months ago, she was going on and on about a petition... so must be reading.
It wasn't that long ago that she made two full length videos explaining exactly what we discuss on here.
It was just her last video that she made sure everyone knows her and ali actually do do the dirty, so must have been reading here.

Reactions: 16
@HonBee - you are clearly compassionate. Donā€™t expect the same from
Lydia. Generally people bash her behaviour. If she was less arrogant and took constructive criticism I think thereā€™d be far less chatter on here.

When you have a platform you have some social responsibility. Magazines used to get backlash for making women feel inadequate. Here we have a more insidious means of doing the same.

We allow these people into our homes and free time. We feel weā€™ve established a relationship with them, theyā€™re our girlfriends. We trust them, they influence us and we think they are everyday women. Far from it. They are the magazines of today but they donā€™t come out once a month, their posts are daily! Itā€™s free, direct to our inbox.

With their millions of followers they are selling us a lifestyle, products and setting the tone for what society expects from us. You really have to question, what is more dangerous? A group of people complaining about someoneā€™s lies and bad decorating? Or a group of people selling us a lifestyle of plastic surgery, unbridled expense and fakery. All without consequence.

If you donā€™t want to hear what people think about you donā€™t listen into their conversation. Donā€™t read their diaries or texts. And certainly donā€™t read an online thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

I hear you, but I also think she is a business. And with businesses you take the person-themselves out of it. She basically deletes all negative reviews, in my opinion, so there must be a place for people to discuss and go over her business practices. It would be like any other business deleting bad reviews in order to appear and sell a product with false claims and customer reviews.
In my eyes her business is her, and what and who she puts online and open to the world. This includes her life with ali, her house, her friends, her cat, her closet, her lies, etc etc. If she puts it online, it's part of her brand and therefore her business.
When it comes to this whole influencer culture where they are marketing themselves and making money off of it, they have decided they are a business and no longer a person. It would be like a CEO of an actual company coming out and saying they don't like my product and are writing mean things about it. this is abuse and im being bullied....You would never see that. Its unprofessional. When a company lies or doesn't abide by the law, they get called out on it and have to own up and pay the price.
Influencers cant flip flop back and forth "with them being a person behind the camera", and then marketing themselves as a brand and making money by the bucketload. Just like every other brand and company, they need to take comments as constructive criticism and grow a friggin back bone. Im sorry if that is cynical.
I have yet to ever see an actual valid threat made against or to her personally where I would say that it is truly over the line and bullying.
**Granted I don't get to see everything that is ever said/written about her**

I have a very hard time finding any sympathy at all with Lydia and her kind. She lies, she manipulates, she has a god awful me me me personality, she INFLUENCES to buy products, she uses, she turns someones death into a pity me too skit, she did that last week when carries cat died, it was "I lost my niece cat or whatever" it wasn't about the cat, its not about whomever died, its about her. This is just a start of a list. These are all negative reviews I have of her brand. And that is how I see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
@HonBee - you are clearly compassionate. Donā€™t expect the same from
Lydia. Generally people bash her behaviour. If she was less arrogant and took constructive criticism I think thereā€™d be far less chatter on here.

When you have a platform you have some social responsibility. Magazines used to get backlash for making women feel inadequate. Here we have a more insidious means of doing the same.

We allow these people into our homes and free time. We feel weā€™ve established a relationship with them, theyā€™re our girlfriends. We trust them, they influence us and we think they are everyday women. Far from it. They are the magazines of today but they donā€™t come out once a month, their posts are daily! Itā€™s free, direct to our inbox.

With their millions of followers they are selling us a lifestyle, products and setting the tone for what society expects from us. You really have to question, what is more dangerous? A group of people complaining about someoneā€™s lies and bad decorating? Or a group of people selling us a lifestyle of plastic surgery, unbridled expense and fakery. All without consequence.

If you donā€™t want to hear what people think about you donā€™t listen into their conversation. Donā€™t read their diaries or texts. And certainly donā€™t read an online thread.
I think youā€™re absolutely right, I have more compassion than most, and sometimes I catch myself wondering whether what Iā€™m about to post is fair or not.. I know this online forum was created for people to call out the bullshit and bring light to the likes of Lydia Millen and many others who donā€™t use their platform in the best way they have the power to use..

Of course as you say, what they are essentially selling and setting expectations for in life is equally if not more dangerous, especially towards younger more impressionable viewers. My concern is just that these (us) group of people who point out and complain about someones lies, lifestyle, plastic surgery etc etc could escalate our comments can easily be taken far out of context and be seen as ā€œbullyingā€..

But yes, at least these comments are (mostly) limited to places like this, and the only she would see them is if she went searching for them.. thatā€™s not to say though that there isnā€™t still people out there, who will go out of their way to ensure these opinions and comments are heard, by going straight to the source and leaving comments on IG posts, twitter, YouTube videos etc..

I hear you, but I also think she is a business. And with businesses you take the person-themselves out of it. She basically deletes all negative reviews, in my opinion, so there must be a place for people to discuss and go over her business practices. It would be like any other business deleting bad reviews in order to appear and sell a product with false claims and customer reviews.
In my eyes her business is her, and what and who she puts online and open to the world. This includes her life with ali, her house, her friends, her cat, her closet, her lies, etc etc. If she puts it online, it's part of her brand and therefore her business.
When it comes to this whole influencer culture where they are marketing themselves and making money off of it, they have decided they are a business and no longer a person. It would be like a CEO of an actual company coming out and saying they don't like my product and are writing mean things about it. this is abuse and im being bullied....You would never see that. Its unprofessional. When a company lies or doesn't abide by the law, they get called out on it and have to own up and pay the price.
Influencers cant flip flop back and forth "with them being a person behind the camera", and then marketing themselves as a brand and making money by the bucketload. Just like every other brand and company, they need to take comments as constructive criticism and grow a friggin back bone. Im sorry if that is cynical.
I have yet to ever see an actual valid threat made against or to her personally where I would say that it is truly over the line and bullying.
**Granted I don't get to see everything that is ever said/written about her**

I have a very hard time finding any sympathy at all with Lydia and her kind. She lies, she manipulates, she has a god awful me me me personality, she INFLUENCES to buy products, she uses, she turns someones death into a pity me too skit, she did that last week when carries cat died, it was "I lost my niece cat or whatever" it wasn't about the cat, its not about whomever died, its about her. This is just a start of a list. These are all negative reviews I have of her brand. And that is how I see it.
Yes I agree that she is a brand and with that comes a stack of other types of criticism, my initial concern was just the more personal comments which are directly related to her as a person, not her business and things she may put out on her home interiors page, or even her personal page in regards to beauty, ads, fashion and other collabs.

I mean I donā€™t think anyone on here has gone TOO far, of course there are certain remarks which (I will hold my hands up and admit even I have made) have been made, that can be quite borderline.. I dunno maybe Iā€™m just thinking too into it in light of what has happened recently and the whole discussion around ā€œonline bullyingā€ and influencers and stuff..

Reactions: 11
I think youā€™re absolutely right, I have more compassion than most, and sometimes I catch myself wondering whether what Iā€™m about to post is fair or not.. I know this online forum was created for people to call out the bullshit and bring light to the likes of Lydia Millen and many others who donā€™t use their platform in the best way they have the power to use..

Of course as you say, what they are essentially selling and setting expectations for in life is equally if not more dangerous, especially towards younger more impressionable viewers. My concern is just that these (us) group of people who point out and complain about someones lies, lifestyle, plastic surgery etc etc could escalate our comments can easily be taken far out of context and be seen as ā€œbullyingā€..

But yes, at least these comments are (mostly) limited to places like this, and the only she would see them is if she went searching for them.. thatā€™s not to say though that there isnā€™t still people out there, who will go out of their way to ensure these opinions and comments are heard, by going straight to the source and leaving comments on IG posts, twitter, YouTube videos etc..

Yes I agree that she is a brand and with that comes a stack of other types of criticism, my initial concern was just the more personal comments which are directly related to her as a person, not her business and things she may put out on her home interiors page, or even her personal page in regards to beauty, ads, fashion and other collabs.

I mean I donā€™t think anyone on here has gone TOO far, of course there are certain remarks which (I will hold my hands up and admit even I have made) have been made, that can be quite borderline.. I dunno maybe Iā€™m just thinking too into it in light of what has happened recently and the whole discussion around ā€œonline bullyingā€ and influencers and stuff..
Self reflection is a fantastic thing! I think most of us here would have far less issue with Lydia if she could do the same.

Reactions: 15
Anyhooo...when is her "merch" coming out? Has she given a date. I hope its a tanning mitt :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Hard to say. I think the bullying is a heck of a lot less on her, as the seed of self doubt that her and other influencers lifestyles portray to unknowledgeable audiences. Particularly younger. I think that does a lot more harm to the viewers. Itā€™s a complete fake lifestyle that is gifted and paid for, and they claim it as real. Itā€™s similar to that life is not like a movie. Life is hard and movies typically portray fairytales and perfection to younger viewers. It lowers their self worth because they donā€™t get the designer freebies, and a house overly stocked with goods. Even the stupid, I didnā€™t get to have my health drink this am and spend four hours putting on makeup bc the rest of the world has to work to survive. The viewers feel like they are less than, and Lydia definitely acts like the viewers are less than she and she is the superior being. Itā€™s a manipulative mental game that I find is probably very harmful to a majority of audience. Itā€™s creates a desire for more more more, instead of I am enough attitude.
& donā€™t get me started on when they ā€œcall someone out and a bullyā€ and they have their annoying sheep harass and attack the person who made a comment that probably wasnā€™t bullying to begin with.
I think these are way way way more damaging than anything lydia tries to get exaggerate and make a pity party for herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She really doesn't get it. Im not going to assume what was going on in Carolines mind and life. Sadly people take their own lives for any number of reasons. I believe she had been having mental health struggles anyway. Unfortunately if you are in the limelight then its kind of expected for people to call you out on your abhorrent behaviour. In CF situation it happened to be the attack on her BF. But Lydiot wants to make it about the media, trolls and bullying again.
What she doesn't understand is there are many ways to make people feel inadequate and worthless. Influencing is definetely one of them.
I do wonder and I hope this never happens (maybe it has and there has been no connection made) but I do wonder what she would say if a parent on social media called her out for being the reason her young impressionable daughter took her own life because she got herself into debt and felt depressed because she was trying to keep up with her lifestyle that she thought was real. Well we all know exactly what she would say. She would probably blame the poor girl. It would be typical Lydia. Ok to blame the media for CF but don't blame me if I was the cause of someone taking their own life. God she makes me sick.
On another note. OMG Ali is dumber than a bag of rocks. Sorry but I could not be with someone that stupid. "cost per value" FFS :ROFLMAO:
She would say that it wasn't her fault, you don't HAVE to read stuff on social media and bring it back to her and how she quit reading about herself! Ugh!

Reactions: 8

Donā€™t worry, I can relate. I too avoid making comments on her appereance, some things are genetic and you simply canā€™t control. But I donā€™t keep my mouth shut about her behaviour, lies etc. And the failed fillers are also her own doing sooo..
And nobody would say anything about her face/ pores either for example, if she wouldnā€™t say about 10 companies on a monthly basis that they are the most amazing, game changer, when we can clearly see that she edits her photos and videos and basically lie to her audience. All she does she brings it to herself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
We don't criticize what her face looks like to bully her. We do it because she keeps promoting miraculous beauty products while her face fails to show us the miracles, because she's adamant he never had lip fillers and she looks like someone grafted Donald Duck's mouth on her face, because she's a "beauty influencer" yet uses products that make her face look greasy and orange, because she's constantly pushing how skinny she is and how she can't find clothing items that fit her while enjoying it! I mean if she isn't looking like a skeleton, she will pose like Gollum to get her collar bones to show. Confidence is everything in life but the lady isn't confident, she's smug!
About Ali's homosexuality, nobody has a problem with homosexuality and questions about Ali's sexuality are cause by the obvious lack of chemistry between them and how alive he seems when around men. Maybe he's alive when he's not around her but she doesn't allow him around women so we only see him around men. Point is, Ali is metrosexual (term coined by Ana Wintour to describe heterosexual men who care about the appearance and disclaimer: i hate labels altogether) but he is repulsed by his wife to a shocking point no matter what he posts about other men falling down when they mistake her for a walking billboard.
The woman's every post is an aberration and quite frankly I don't think we're doing enough! This culture of influencers is sickening and it's time for this conversation to go mainstream.
Love to all!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think we need to remind ourselves that a lot of us started off watching and being entertained by her but her behaviour and attitude has changed, prompting us to join in the discussion here.
Not every influencer has a thread here...there are many who work hard, have humility, gratitude, who provide useful information in an entertaining way and have healthy relationships with their partners.
I always look to my own real life work experiences with clients, staff and a board to which I am accountable, professionally, financially, emotionally (I am a director). I have regular reviews, my performance is constantly monitored by the money and clients I bring in, how long my clients stay, my staff turnover...I am only as good as my last product. That doesn't include informal feedback/criticism.
Lydia wants to try working in the real world and see how far her attitude, thin skin and work ethic takes her.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Hard to say. I think the bullying is a heck of a lot less on her, as the seed of self doubt that her and other influencers lifestyles portray to unknowledgeable audiences. Particularly younger. I think that does a lot more harm to the viewers. Itā€™s a complete fake lifestyle that is gifted and paid for, and they claim it as real. Itā€™s similar to that life is not like a movie. Life is hard and movies typically portray fairytales and perfection to younger viewers. It lowers their self worth because they donā€™t get the designer freebies, and a house overly stocked with goods. Even the stupid, I didnā€™t get to have my health drink this am and spend four hours putting on makeup bc the rest of the world has to work to survive. The viewers feel like they are less than, and Lydia definitely acts like the viewers are less than she and she is the superior being. Itā€™s a manipulative mental game that I find is probably very harmful to a majority of audience. Itā€™s creates a desire for more more more, instead of I am enough attitude.
& donā€™t get me started on when they ā€œcall someone out and a bullyā€ and they have their annoying sheep harass and attack the person who made a comment that probably wasnā€™t bullying to begin with.
I think these are way way way more damaging than anything lydia tries to get exaggerate and make a pity party for herself.
Exactly, they are no better themselves, definitely hypocrites.

Regarding Lydia's looks, well I believe we all thought she was really pretty before, but even that version of Lydia was a lie, she lies about everything. Ofcourse that brings on frustration in people who were brought up never to participate in such activities, especially when it's pretty obvious that she makes a LOT of money while doing so.

(Regarding comments on her looks)
Most of the time it's harmless and many people give her credit too (not very often though and honestly that's up to Lydia), but I can understand feelings of guilt and "did I take this too far"?

Reactions: 9
Exactly, they are no better themselves, definitely hypocrites.

Regarding Lydia's looks, well I believe we all thought she was really pretty before, but even that version of Lydia was a lie, she lies about everything. Ofcourse that brings on frustration in people who were brought up never to participate in such activities, especially when it's pretty obvious that she makes a LOT of money while doing so.

(Regarding comments on her looks)
Most of the time it's harmless and many people give her credit too (not very often though and honestly that's up to Lydia), but I can understand feelings of guilt and "did I take this too far"?
Very true! As much as I Dislike her, I donā€™t wish her to be unwell because of our comments. But that would mean sheā€™d be an empath, which she clearly isnā€™t šŸ˜
I wonder if she has guilt for promoting an 850ā‚¬ cream to her audience saying how amazing it is, among other crappy things she has done. Can you imagine how many šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘ ran with their credit card to buy that?

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Carolineā€™s thread here started on the 13/14 December.
The day she was arrested for domestic abuse against her boyfriend and the day the story was splashed across the internet .

not before that,
not during two seasons of love island and many, many articles about her šŸ˜

wherever you stand on her DV case, the media hounded her, I think they said there was 40 articles alone on Mailonline or the Sun, In what 2 months?

Unfortunately when youā€™re in the public eye you need to realise with the good comes the bad, especially when her life took the direction it did over the last six months.
she was trolled online, like her ex boyfriend was when her death was released and users on Instagram blamed him and asked him if he was feeling guilty for reporting the DV.
ā€œBet you feel guilty now....ā€
Or before that,
the messages sent to Caroline about her self harm/being a general mess/how she belongs in jail.

That is trolling.

but you know what turns my actual stomach, grief vultures.
Lydia, did you even follow Caroline Flack??
EFA08867-E7A1-41F5-ADDD-C493AA3DAEAB.jpeg

Oh, that would be a no!!!!

but you have no problem jumping on her bandwagon and using her death as an excuse to talk about yourself.
And this is the reason Lydia and so many influencers have a thread here.
The lack of self awareness is SHOCKING.
The entitlement,
the lack of respect for a dead woman theyā€™re now in shock over, stunned and saddened. YOU HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON OTHER THAN YOUR SEX AND THE FACT YOUR BRITISH MAYBE!!
how any of these idiots can twist her story to be about themselves and suit their narrative is MINDBLOWING!!!!

that lack of respect has been apparent for a long time in how she views and treats her ā€œfansā€

get off your condescending high horse Lydia.
You are a brand, we are the consumers,
See this as a type of trip advisor.
Is that also a community built on hate?
next time you tweet your disappointment in a brand or service should we give you a hug because youā€™re clearly an angry troll who needs love.

Iā€™m so over these vultures.
Rant. Sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.