Lydia Millen #123 It's all oak and bespoke for a career that's about to go up in smoke!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are these marks on her Birkin
View attachment 1037487
Forget about the marks on the bag, what the heck is going on with her eyes ???????????
:oops:

This is how you do a designer bag video. Full of information and research
So happy for Cassie ... she was invited to the Brit awards. She was so excited when she found out, how lovely to see an influencer excited about work and opportunities presented to her. And not compromising ethics and morals for such oppurtunities.

More comments ...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I was thinking that but given I'm from the US I wasn't sure.

AGREE! And I'll say it again... she's a bag lover IMPOSTER! Real bag lovers (I'm one of them) talk about the bags with passion, knowledge and usually FUN! She made it like a school report and it felt REALLY INAUTHENTIC.

I think the bags are no different than cars, clothes, greedhouse, defender, watches, rings... just status symbol material items for a shop aholic insecure person. I never want to hear another peep out of her about bags. She mistreats them and doesn't take care of them right. Makes me sick.
You should follow Parisian_sweet on Instagram. He is a vintage reseller but he is so knowledgeable and funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Mmhmmm and um..:. She has never ever talked about the Alma and the speedy that I can remember. And today they are featured instead of her classic and loved cappuccines, petite mal and Pochette Métis? It feels so off. I guarantee you she would NEVER buy either of em. Just like the whatever “affordable” bag from the beginning.

I don’t know. People are entitled to like what the want but honestly with her collection and the incredible bags she actually owns… today felt strange. But what’s new? Lol
Funny how she says you should invest in LV bags and Lady Diors but she has just sold her cappucine and her nice black Lady Dior

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I saw that too and stopped watching…😔😔. Influliar…
Yeah, as soon as she said freshly tumbled dried, I thought, there is no way those are washed, they look new and then I saw the tag. I also stopped after that.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
wow she straight up LIED about purchasing that kelly at the store. it's from luxury promise or another reseller like that. she said it was delivered to her, which is not something hermes would EVER do to someone with zero purchase history like her. even during lockdown they would likely be running on appointments. and not a single mention of the mysterious mini kelly!

Reactions: 37
Methinks Lydiot is on the prowl for a new used bag ... from her latest follow on IG.
Or possibly, more places to flog her banged up bags or KM shite (after Sellier rejected her clothing).

Screenshot_20220203-141700_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-141645_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220204-091701_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I know my post about this outfit being OFF trend was a bit controversial. I know this looked better than her recent floral and hunting lewks that are way worse.

It’s not bad so to speak, it’s just that Lydia however can’t seem to find a way to be classic and sophisticated and swings from Victorian to hunter to hooker to pirate to adventurebraids and it’s just not flattering or age appropriate. If she wasn’t making money off pretending to be a fashion influencer I don’t think it matters… but she is so she’s up for comment IMO. Her statement of curating classic pieces and then putting these strange looks together is so 🤪

I just think this lewk is very off trend when you put allll of these items together and not classic like she thinks it is. Had she styled them with other things they may have worked. Like “on trend yet classic” ballet flats a high pony tail and small bag with these pants and top would have looked better IMO.

I myself don’t embrace the huge oversized looks because I’m petite but I will say I’m not off trend/dated and if Lydia is going to say she’s a fashion influencer she needs to not be a hot mess ALL the time.

This lewk … all tight fitting clothing, too tight pants, plunging back, wing sleeves, dated HIGH pumps, huge birkin bag, huge unflattering hair, huge Apple Watch, and all the jewelry she owns all at one time. Just not a lewk that is classic or on trend. It’s neither.

I will say I’m watching this video thanks to you all telling me about this Lydia. Her first point is exactly this…. It’s dated looking and she’s cringing!

Ok I’ll get me coat and see myself out as you peeps always say lol.:m

View attachment 1038492
I'm totally with you @Julia123
Lydia doesn't understand body shapes, fabrics, styles, colour combinations, hair styles, age appropriate clothes.....nothing!
Fortunately we do have some 'influencers' who do dress for their age and shape.

Lydia doesn't understand herself or her audience. Is she luxe? Is she high street? Is she a young woman or middle aged? Is she city or country? Is she Real Housewives, Desperate Housewives or just a housewife?
Is she a working girl or a Working Girl? Is she Pretty Woman or a pretty woman? Is she Downton Abbey or Abbey Road? So many questions 😂

PS those trousers are too tight and the pockets are pulling. Not a good lewk!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Conclusion from last nights flog from this thread - she's a moron who knows nothing about bags and didn't even take the time (half an hour) to do some proper Google research, or bother to watch some good bag vlogs from other influencers (couple of hours).

She mentions and shows Hermes bags but doesn't like the fact that this throws up questions - what do you expect idiot?

Funny how she loves the Lady Diors but didn't bother to show the sage green one (never been used) or the flowery one (never been used) or the one with the astrological stuff on (don't think she sold that). The one she sold at Sellier was the black textured one.

She still has six things for sale on Sellier https://www.sellierknightsbridge.com/search?q=lydia&type=product, very surprised the prices havent been dropped and shocked someone bought the Burberry jacket covered in foundation, unless they returned it to her!

She will have another Hermes bag soon I'm sure of it, she said she loves them and can't get the one she wants at the moment, I bet it is a taupe coloured kelly (don't know proper name for that colour)

Friday today so must be Farmhouse Fridays - another day of no work for this part timer!

Regarding bags at lower price points - she is really so so ignorant here, there are tons and tons of makes around the £200-£700 make, Sophie Shohet does videos on things like that a lot at the moment, there are some Prada, See By Chloe, Maje, Coach, small YSL etc, loads, and if you buy something not current season you can get even better deals somewhere like The Outnet. But she would rather recommend a brand none of us have heard of or seen, and she didn't even take the time to contact the brand and get them to send her a bag to show in a vlog, even a loan bag. How dumb!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Why oh why as a luxury influencer would you not document your journey on getting an extremely sought after Kelly.She really needs calling out on her bullshit.would you not film actually going to the Hermes store and even if you can’t film inside at least film the day you actually acquired your dream bag.none of it rings true.Reading her comments on the mini Kelly she must realise everyone thinks it’s either a fake or a from a re seller.I just can’t with her thinking she is so special that Hermes would get her dream bag within a few months.Bollocks Lydia.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Oh my...
I had to go back and look as I failed to spot it. But what a good eye @Miscanthus

Not only are the pockets pulling, but the actual trousers are. The strain on the thigh fabric is visible.
Thanks...yes....too tight.
I know that type of pocket is challenging on anybody with hips because they always gape, but she doesn't even have hips. Size up ffs!!!
Free tip: Faced with those pockets I always sew them shut and it looks much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm totally with you @Julia123
Lydia doesn't understand body shapes, fabrics, styles, colour combinations, hair styles, age appropriate clothes.....nothing!
Fortunately we do have some 'influencers' who do dress for their age and shape.

Lydia doesn't understand herself or her audience. Is she luxe? Is she high street? Is she a young woman or middle aged? Is she city or country? Is she Real Housewives, Desperate Housewives or just a housewife?
Is she a working girl or a Working Girl? Is she Pretty Woman or a pretty woman? Is she Downton Abbey or Abbey Road? So many questions 😂

PS those trousers are too tight and the pockets are pulling. Not a good lewk!
Yes - but are they smiling or frowning 🤔🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
This flog is utter nonsense, she's talking about bags she likes but doesn't own! And all her Hermes links are for second hand bags on Far Fetch.

Bizarre flog, is she hoping for a deal with Bonaventura or Louis Vuitton?

And the thumbnail is her with all her Chanel and cough Hermes bags, so very misleading and clickbait!

She shows the tit Fendi Peekaboo she bought from Lorna Luxe that is basically ruined, but doesn't show the orange suede one she acquired because she saw it on someone else (probably sold it) and the lilac one she got from the new Fendi store with the guitar strap (probably sold it)

I can't stop laughing!!!!

'Unboxing my Kelly was such an experience' not one you shared was it Lydia?

'£7,880 for the Black Kelly purchased directly from the store' absolute lies! Look at how much re-sellers are getting for these bags, and there is just no way you got a black sellier Kelly with that hardware direct from Hermes as your first bag from them, no way! You say the Birkin from Sellier but this direct from Hermes store, disgraceful lies! If that was the case anyone could just ring up and get the bag they wanted!
Well, if she has no qualms over sharing how much she spent on the Kelly, then I'm going to need actual, literal RECEIPTS.
Until then, her buying the Kelly in store is an opinion, not a fact (per her own view).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Her reply to one of the comments is she didnt show the mini Kelly as its so expensive. 🤣
My mistake she said its too small. well some people might want a small bag Lyd's so come on tell us all about the trip to Hermes to buy it and your fav SA who must be god because its a miracle you have got two within a year when you have only bought a pair of boots and a belt!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Maybe the price fluctuates over the year, or it just went up and Lydia just looked for the most recent price since she knows tit all about buying a bag at the HERPÈS store herself.
I think you're right babe. I googled prices for the Kelly and it suspiciously came up as the number Lydia said.
Not sure who said it earlier but retail Hermés and Resale Hermés are a wholeeee different game. If you buy direct from store, the minute you walk out those doors your bag doubles, sometimes triples in value.

Here's 2020 prices:
1643967364445.png

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.