Lydia Bright - TOWIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wouldn’t it be lovely to realise you need something and then just pop a little insta story up on the beg for it. Guarantee she’ll receive an air con unit in the next few days 🙄

Reactions: 5
I’m so mad at her latest ad I can barely type. Of course it’s an ad. First of all, I would never EVER judge someone for not breastfeeding or trying then stopping or extended breastfeeding or anything like that. As long as you keep your baby alive and healthy I have nothing to say.

However, what she’s written has layers of problems. First of all it’s the inference if a newborn is wanting to feed a lot then clearly they’re not getting enough breast milk. TOTALLY WRONG. However you chose to feed I’m sure we all know that?! Growth spurts, comfort, just plain old bigger appetite. That’s why that happens most of the time. As for the baby growing and you losing? Yes that happens. If you’d bothered to even read one line of one book or article beforehand you would know this. Who told you Loretta wasn’t full? You? Because you couldn’t be fucked waking in the night with her? Because you couldn’t be fucked seeing out cluster feeding sessions? Because you needed time to do ads? Come on!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I knew as soon as I started reading that post it was leading up to an ad. Anything to make easy money.

Reactions: 8
I’m so mad at her latest ad I can barely type. Of course it’s an ad. First of all, I would never EVER judge someone for not breastfeeding or trying then stopping or extended breastfeeding or anything like that. As long as you keep your baby alive and healthy I have nothing to say.

However, what she’s written has layers of problems. First of all it’s the inference if a newborn is wanting to feed a lot then clearly they’re not getting enough breast milk. TOTALLY WRONG. However you chose to feed I’m sure we all know that?! Growth spurts, comfort, just plain old bigger appetite. That’s why that happens most of the time. As for the baby growing and you losing? Yes that happens. If you’d bothered to even read one line of one book or article beforehand you would know this. Who told you Loretta wasn’t full? You? Because you couldn’t be fucked waking in the night with her? Because you couldn’t be fucked seeing out cluster feeding sessions? Because you needed time to do ads? Come on!
Absolutely spot on 👏what it boils down to is she couldn't be arsed because the time the baby needed to feed was interfering with what was most important ME ME ME

Reactions: 15
Absolutely spot on 👏what it boils down to is she couldn't be arsed because the time the baby needed to feed was interfering with what was most important ME ME ME
I sort of disagree with this. She doesn’t have to justify why she didn’t breast feed, it’s absolutely fine if she just didn’t want to.

But it’s disgusting to use something that’s so personal to so many women as an ad. A lot of women really really struggle with breast feeding and struggle with the guilt of stopping and it’s wrong to make money off that.

Same category as sleep consultants imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Totally cool if she didn’t want to. Whether it got too much physically / emotionally for her, whether anxiety took over and she thought Loretta was starving, whether she just thought duck this bottle is well easier for me. All totally justifiable. I think the info she’s peddling alongside it is the dangerous part!!!

Reactions: 7
Also can this woman post anything without it being an AD!!! I see peanut are reaching out to all the influencers as Lucy Meck has also done an ad for them. Lydia is hardly the inspirational mum peanut should want promoting them!!
She shouldn’t have to justify her choices, but seeing everything else she has posted she just always comes across as so self-centred.

Another AD. Pretending to care. So annoying 😡 Didn’t want to talk about it at the time but oh wait time to talk now it’s a AD

Reactions: 5
No judgement on her for not wanting to breastfeed, it's not for everyone. But the misinformation!! Loretta was growing at a rapid weight? GOOD. That's a great sign, exactly what you want from your fresh little baby! Would she have preferred her to lose weight?! And yes, breastfeeding burns calories. If you're losing weight, eat more! Or would that interfere with posting mirror selfies in your bikini?

Loretta was always hungry? YES, but not because of your milk supply, but because she has a tiny stomach and breastmilk is digested so quickly! Also as someone said above - who said she was hungry? Did Loretta tell her? Babies that age can feed for a multitude of reasons - comfort, loneliness, pain relief, even just practice!!

To suggest that Lydia found comfort on the Peanut app is also ridiculous. If she'd actually used the app to speak to other mums I'm pretty sure they'd have said the same as we all have above.

As I said - absolutely no judgement on choosing not to breastfeed, but at least make sure it's an informed decision, and don't then push your ignorance on other vulnerable mums!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
If she does seek comfort in peanut then why is she constantly on Instagram asking.. other than for freebies 😂

Reactions: 12
These bleeping slebs with their heartbreaking 'real life' poor me stories when it's all a sodding AD. How relatable 😏

Reactions: 6
Never felt the need to post anything on here but as a new breastfeeding mum who has struggled, this latest post really made my blood boil. It's just false information to vulnerable followers. I don't judge anyone for not breastfeeding at all, but at least give correct information!

I have struggled with a 'hungry' baby e.g. a baby who feeds throughout the night and yes it is tiring and sleep deprivation is a killer.

I just wish these influencers would tell the truth about the reasons why instead of saying anything just for an advert.

She would gain a lot more respect off people e.g. I'm a single mum and I couldn't cope breastfeeding due to waking in the night too many times...

Reactions: 9
Good job Lydia decided she was ready to share her experience with her followers... just in time to promote peanut.

Never felt the need to post anything on here but as a new breastfeeding mum who has struggled, this latest post really made my blood boil. It's just false information to vulnerable followers. I don't judge anyone for not breastfeeding at all, but at least give correct information!

I have struggled with a 'hungry' baby e.g. a baby who feeds throughout the night and yes it is tiring and sleep deprivation is a killer.

I just wish these influencers would tell the truth about the reasons why instead of saying anything just for an advert.

She would gain a lot more respect off people e.g. I'm a single mum and I couldn't cope breastfeeding due to waking in the night too many times...
I feel you! Those early days of cluster feeding & regular nightly waking was hard but I napped in the day where I could & it is COMPLETELY normal!!! I didn’t know about the 4th trimester and leaps until I had my baby & I just went with the flow, I’m a year in now so just got my golden boobies 🤪🤗 and I miss those early days, watching endless crap on tv eating all the bad snacks because I was burning it instantly. I’ve unfollowed Lydia as this was the final straw. The misinformation for new mums is heartbreaking & I despair at all the formula army undermining the breastfeeding mums, the evidence speaks for itself and informed is best.

You can’t do ads for baby formula it’s like she’s got around it with peanut to still make money with the way she feeds her daughter. Not against formula feeding just against making money of everythingggg

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.