Lydia Bright - TOWIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’ll be listening to her mum probably because it “never did them any harm”. As a mum these days you need to listen to current advice, instinct and experience. My partner was feed purée veg and 6oz of water to fill him up at 6 weeks. He claims to be fine. The amount coming out his arse on a daily basis makes me suspect he’s not fine.
LOL omg that last bit killed me 🤣🤣🤣
Oh yes, my MIL couldn’t believe I wasn’t weaning my baby at 3 months, she kept asking when I was starting baby rice 🙄🙄 she’s also horrified at me doing BLW with my baby.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
LOL omg that last bit killed me 🤣🤣🤣
Oh yes, my MIL couldn’t believe I wasn’t weaning my baby at 3 months, she kept asking when I was starting baby rice 🙄🙄 she’s also horrified at me doing BLW with my baby.
I have the same situation.
Why don’t you just put baby rice in her bottle for her night feed. She would sleep through then. That’s what we did in my day.

Fast forward 35 years and things have changed. A lot.

She also thinks I should stay at home until my baby is at school so I can cook and clean for her son 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 10
How old is Loretta? I didn't wean until 6 months out of pure laziness! Just more clearing up to do !

Reactions: 3
I've found none of the things people say help babies sleep better worked for us! First it was he'll sleep better when you stop breastfeeding, then it was he'll sleep better in his own room, then he'll sleep better on solids. None of them worked, if anything they all made things worse to start with and he never slept longer than a 3hr stint until the last couple of weeks he just all of a sudden started sleeping 6/7hr stints all on his own, he was obviously ready to do it himself at nearly 8 months,but even now I know its likely to change again!

Reactions: 10
She definitely started weaning weeks ago, I bet it was bang on 4 months, the earliest she thinks she can get away with it, Loretta is barely 5 months yet, what is the big rush, she probably thinks it will make her sleep 12 hours every night, which it won’t

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I've found none of the things people say help babies sleep better worked for us! First it was he'll sleep better when you stop breastfeeding, then it was he'll sleep better in his own room, then he'll sleep better on solids. None of them worked, if anything they all made things worse to start with and he never slept longer than a 3hr stint until the last couple of weeks he just all of a sudden started sleeping 6/7hr stints all on his own, he was obviously ready to do it himself at nearly 8 months,but even now I know its likely to change again!
Exactly! My daughter didn't sleep through until she was 2 and a half because she had such bad teething and night terrors!

Reactions: 2
I have the same situation.
Why don’t you just put baby rice in her bottle for her night feed. She would sleep through then. That’s what we did in my day.

Fast forward 35 years and things have changed. A lot.

She also thinks I should stay at home until my baby is at school so I can cook and clean for her son 🤔
What is it with these people?! Things do bloody change!
Wow, I hope you’ve told her what you think about that!! 🤬

Why the duck did she take Loretta to the salon under these circumstances 😳 why not leave her with her mum or dad?!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Why the duck did she take Loretta to the salon under these circumstances 😳 why not leave her with her mum or dad?!
I know, she will leave the baby with her mum and dad at the drop of the hat yet for the salon she took her. It’s all for attention, omg look she’s so good at multi tasking 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Is she really weaning this early?!! Can’t early weaning lead to a lot of complications such as allergies and childhood obesity etc?

Is she really weaning this early?!! Can’t early weaning lead to a lot of complications such as allergies and childhood obesity etc?
The evidence is a bit mixed about early weaning and there are grey areas, but overall the recommendation is now 6 months as it’s thought that the vast majority of babies will be ready at 6 months, as opposed to 4 or 5 months were many babies might not be ready, so the safest approach is wait until 6 months, waiting until then certainly isn’t going to cause any harm, whereas starting at 4 months or even earlier as is sometimes the case may cause harm
Also you are really not meant to give allergens to babies under 6 months so would have to be careful what you feed them, and breast milk or formula contains all of their nutritional requirements, so if parents are filling them up on things like baby rice which have very little nutrition but very filling they won’t be taking as much milk therefore may not get all of their nutritional needs

Reactions: 5
Oh here we go with the teething again, she’s probably not teething but just being a normal baby and having a tit night!

My child slept worse once we started weaning. Good luck Lydia 😏

There is a stark difference between Lucy Meck and Lydia’s parenting styles. Lydia is making this child look like an accessory

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
What happened to the boyfriend? I thought they tried to be a couple again just before she was born.

Hi,
agree with the above...it’s nice to have a baby that fits into your life with a big family on hand to help!
Try being alone, husband at work, family abroad/not close and all your friends working and busy with their life.
She has no clue, does she?
You’re so right. We had no help but then we didn’t have a child to pass over to family. She won’t appreciate how lucky she is. As for her mums cackling voice, I’d rather go without.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.