Lydia Bright - TOWIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That routine she has just shared, how many of her followers are going to think that’s what their baby should be doing 🤦🏼‍♀️ I can’t believe a baby of her age is only having 4 main feeds in 24 hours. Also surely this routine is going to change as she gets older, she’s certainly not going to nap for almost 5 hours a day when she’s 6 months plus 🤣

My little one is a week young than hers. She still has 6-7 decent feeds a day and wakes up at 3am for one and has three naps a day....

Reactions: 2
That’s so true 😂😂 imagine having a 10 hour sleep at night and 5 hours of naps in the day
And then theres Lucy Mecks story saying she got 3 hours sleep. Lydia is that mum friend I would secretly resent 😂

Reactions: 18
It's just so sad that she posted it 😪 and will make lots of parents feel inadequate. We had absolutely no nap routine with our baby at that age - baby slept when she wanted and fed when wanted. All on us or close by. In fact only at 8 or 9 months have I now got a sort of routine with timings etc.
I cherish those months where I'd get home from a walk and look forward to settling on the sofa with her for her long afternoon nap (no other kids so it was doable!). She doesn't do it now 😪 and it was for such a short amount of time in the scheme of things and it's a shame Lydia hasnt experienced that in favour of housework etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
This woman grates on me so so much... she is a complete idiot ! She has constantly broken lock down rules from the start as she is above everyone else !! She makes out everything is so wonderful and perfect but what she forgets to mention is she has lots of family around supporting her through all these naps and work time etc... !! Her mum dad and sisters are constantly round hers !! I would love to see one day her on her own having to deal with it all.
She's made out everything is so natural and easy when you have a baby and that's not true... with my first I managed to have her in some sort of routine.. deffo didn't sleep for 2 hour stints during the day!! Second time round there's no routine what so ever lol

And then theres Lucy Mecks story saying she got 3 hours sleep. Lydia is that mum friend I would secretly resent 😂
I really like Lucy she's proved me wrong having baby and isn't throwing everything down your throat...

I really hope no mum feels inadequate here , from day one her own mum said the baby has to fit round your life not the other way round. I find this so sad that a defenceless baby has had feeds withdrawn to be made to learn to sleep longer. It's just not natural ...

• Sad
Thank god for tattle because our babies are days apart and I honestly would have seen that and been 1. Worried I’m over feeding my baby (even though I know I’m not) 2. Worried that my baby does not have set naps 3. Thinking maybe I can leave my baby when she naps 4. Thinking I should be back to pre pregnancy weight.

But thankfully you’re all hear to confirm she’s weird... off to follow Lucy now 😂

Reactions: 10
I can’t believe she thinks she’s relatable, the whole I’m a single mum and look how easy my life is I find so patronising, I’m not a single mum and I find it really hard some days, some days we have a routine, some days my house is a mess 🤷‍♀️
I watched that video she did about her birth and she said what was hard about becoming a mum “sleep deprivation was hard” she wasn’t 3 months old when she filmed that so she had what 10 weeks of not a full night sleep? I don’t know how Lucy puts up with her, I would have disowned her by now 🤣

Reactions: 11
Omg that routine is just cruel. That poor child 😥 my little girl napped for 2 and a half hours solid today for the first time and most of it was on me, only put her down to grab something from the fridge and go to the loo quickly then she was straight back in my arms as she wakes up crying when i'm not nearby. Honestly never seen a bigger idiot in my life :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I can’t believe she thinks she’s relatable, the whole I’m a single mum and look how easy my life is I find so patronising, I’m not a single mum and I find it really hard some days, some days we have a routine, some days my house is a mess 🤷‍♀️
I watched that video she did about her birth and she said what was hard about becoming a mum “sleep deprivation was hard” she wasn’t 3 months old when she filmed that so she had what 10 weeks of not a full night sleep? I don’t know how Lucy puts up with her, I would have disowned her by now 🤣
She was sleep training Loretta at 4 weeks old so it wasn’t even that long.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I remember her being so happy about not Breast feeding and baby sleeping for 10 hours and she getting a full nights sleep.... because her sister did the night time

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Have you seen her stories???? Apparently hundreds of people have DMd her asking about her daily routine (ok hun :rolleyes:). I swear to God, she must be the first woman ever to have a baby!!! Thankfully she is imparting all of her wisdom with us. She blatantly says she visits her family every day in her stories and the most insulting bit - 'it's hard being a working mum'. It's all I can do not to DM her with something really, really insulting. Working mum?!? Her daily routine sets aside two hours to do instagram rubbish - is that what she means by working??? Thick as pig sh*t.

Reactions: 13
It’s setting stupid expectations. My little one is coming up 14 weeks and she sets the timings for feeds and naps each day. Sometimes she cat naps throughout the day, others she will have a good 2 hour stint.
I wish people wouldn’t be so hung up on getting a newborn into a set routine
You’re totally right. Weirdly despite what Lydia and co think if you only have one baby and you’re at home most of the time especially since it’s lockdown I sort of think it’s maybe easier to be almost completely baby led for the first few months? I’m new to this so maybe I’m wrong but for me I feel it’s easier. No expectations. I can see her own little routine loosely forming but I don’t stress if she diverts from it. I’m not doing much else so I can make meeting her needs a completely priority and it’s kind of chill.

Disclaimer - I find so many parts of being a first time mum really, really hard. Not unbearable or unable to cope with but really hard. Just not obsession over routine.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank god for tattle because our babies are days apart and I honestly would have seen that and been 1. Worried I’m over feeding my baby (even though I know I’m not) 2. Worried that my baby does not have set naps 3. Thinking maybe I can leave my baby when she naps 4. Thinking I should be back to pre pregnancy weight.

But thankfully you’re all hear to confirm she’s weird... off to follow Lucy now 😂
Mumma knows best... my baby is
You’re totally right. Weirdly despite what Lydia and co think if you only have one baby and you’re at home most of the time especially since it’s lockdown I sort of think it’s maybe easier to be almost completely baby led for the first few months? I’m new to this so maybe I’m wrong but for me I feel it’s easier. No expectations. I can see her own little routine loosely forming but I don’t stress if she diverts from it. I’m not doing much else so I can make meeting her needs a completely priority and it’s kind of chill.

Disclaimer - I find so many parts of being a first time mum really, really hard. Not unbearable or unable to cope with but really hard. Just not obsession over routine.
Being a mummy is bloody hard that's why!!! The sleep deprivation the constant learning the unknowing the googling symptoms the worry and over whelming love and emotions wanting to do right by your baby. But you're doing amazing.
Being in has been the opposite effect for me. I have struggled and felt very lonely and isolating. Because I've stuck to the rules and not been seeing family and friends and having support as my husband is at work 12 hours a day.
You've got this mumma... don't let someone like her make you feel any different !! Babies needs change daily x

• Heart

Exactly this ♥
Congratulations on being in the first time mum club 🥰

Reactions: 2
She says she is exhausted 😂😂😂 she gets a full nights sleep and her baby naps for hours in the day!!! What magic did she use on her baby????
When she was staying at her parents her mum did night duty while Lydia slept so people shouldn’t feel inadequate in anyway!!! And now she’s at home on her own she’s probably pretending that the baby is sleeping through to make herself look like super mum!!
I have a baby/toddler and I don’t look at reality stars who have babies for accessories for inspiration......all mummy’s are doing great so always believe in yourself 👍🏻

Reactions: 6
Can’t wait til she realises that a baby’s routine is constantly changing and she hasn’t cracked it like she thinks she has! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When I had my son he was the amazing baby that slept through from 12 weeks old. It all went to tit at 6 months and now at 18 months it's still not great 😬😴😴 i can't wait for her to get smacked down to reality 🤷‍♀️ but I guess Loretta will be packed off to the grandparents so lydia can still get her 10 hours kip

Reactions: 7
I just read the routine that’s so unrealistic for most mums! A small feed before bed and yet doesn’t wake till 7am yeah ok 🙄
Wait till she starts to get a sleep regression.

Reactions: 10
I dont get this girls deal at all? My baby is 11 months old. We have a great daytime routine and i have actually only started putting him in his cot for naps. I made a rod for my own back but ive loved every second of the baby cuddles. Last night we tryed sleep training for the first time because i havent slept longer than 2 hour periods simce he was born. I ctied because i missed him so much. I just dont get how she isnt taking more time to cuddle Loretta because she will be too big soon!

Everything you have said is spot on. My son has just turn 3 months and we still don’t have a routine. Some days he takes longer naps than others (he really fights his daytime sleep lol). plus I can only get him to sleep when he is physically lying on top of me which I’m ok about as I love having our cuddle time and feel it’s help build a bond over time (I struggled at the start as I had an emergency section and was really drowsy and wasn’t first to cuddle or hold him so found bonding hard to begin with). She’s really missing out in having time just you and baby in a bubble plus making out it’s perfect all the time it’s not there is definitely hard times when you have a baby and especially first time as still learning yourself. Lydia is so obsessed with routine and the way she fed Loretta from the start leaving her hungry to train her I found upsetting. Sorry for hijacking your post and rambling on using your post just wanted to agree with you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.