Lydia Bright - TOWIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always wonder what “work” she’s doing in the afternoon?! “3pm show arse to Instagram”
Do you reckon she gets an Outlook notification for it? 🤣

I don’t have kids so can’t relate but they all seem to treat their kids and their milestones like the fast fashion they promote.

Reactions: 3
So true! The father isn't even mentioned!
It's weird cos she said their baby was planned and she even promoted a 'period/fertility tracker' app that she used, but their relationship didn't or doesn't seem very solid or stable to be planning a baby like that, there's no shame in falling pregnant accidentally and she has the financial means to raise a child so don't understand the need to lie. Didn't someone say he already has children aswell? I wonder if they have been introduced to their little sister or if it's only the Brights that are allowed access?

When I fell pregnant a family member of my fiancée's also announced their pregnancy along the lines of "well so am I pregnant and I'm due first" and there's been whispers amongst the family and our friend group that she had an idea we wanted a child and would start trying so she came off the pill to try aswell, In order to fall pregnant before us. It seems silly but it does happen and I wonder if Lydia has decided to have her baby when she did due to all her friends in her circle having babies and Lucy & Ryan have been quite steady for awhile now so maybe she knew she was trying or was ready to try and decided she would too. Just seems strange to plan a baby in that kind of relationship and they pretty much split up straight away in the early stages. I do wonder if all these bum shot and cleavage shot pics are to show him what he's missing more so than the validation of others, because that "gardening" photo was not posted for her garden abilities or she wouldn't have had the mirror in amongst it to show off her body which she conveniently dressed in a bikini. To be honest I don't think any man could put up with her if she's that controlling over a baby's routine and schedule plus her incessant need to have family around all the time. Prior to having a baby she came across lovely but since then she just seems very controlling and full of herself.

Reactions: 12
It's weird cos she said their baby was planned and she even promoted a 'period/fertility tracker' app that she used, but their relationship didn't or doesn't seem very solid or stable to be planning a baby like that, there's no shame in falling pregnant accidentally and she has the financial means to raise a child so don't understand the need to lie. Didn't someone say he already has children aswell? I wonder if they have been introduced to their little sister or if it's only the Brights that are allowed access?

When I fell pregnant a family member of my fiancée's also announced their pregnancy along the lines of "well so am I pregnant and I'm due first" and there's been whispers amongst the family and our friend group that she had an idea we wanted a child and would start trying so she came off the pill to try aswell, In order to fall pregnant before us. It seems silly but it does happen and I wonder if Lydia has decided to have her baby when she did due to all her friends in her circle having babies and Lucy & Ryan have been quite steady for awhile now so maybe she knew she was trying or was ready to try and decided she would too. Just seems strange to plan a baby in that kind of relationship and they pretty much split up straight away in the early stages. I do wonder if all these bum shot and cleavage shot pics are to show him what he's missing more so than the validation of others, because that "gardening" photo was not posted for her garden abilities or she wouldn't have had the mirror in amongst it to show off her body which she conveniently dressed in a bikini. To be honest I don't think any man could put up with her if she's that controlling over a baby's routine and schedule plus her incessant need to have family around all the time. Prior to having a baby she came across lovely but since then she just seems very controlling and full of herself.
She was probably already pregnant... cara shared the same app and she was already pregnant just hasn't shared the news yet... honestly theyll sell anything if it pays well enough....!! My husband's ex partner started trying for a baby as soon as we announced our pregnancy low and behold she was due about 4 months after myself!! Some people are freaks... !!

Reactions: 10
I can never get my head around influencers talking about routines for babies, my son is 6 months old and our 'routine' changes daily as he wakes up at a different time each day, some days its 5am, some days its 7 or anything inbetween the two! And then his naps and bedtime shift depending on how the day goes! Surely this isn't just my baby! Just feel like Lydia is setting totally unrealistic expectations for other Mums or Mums to be!

Reactions: 11
I can never get my head around influencers talking about routines for babies, my son is 6 months old and our 'routine' changes daily as he wakes up at a different time each day, some days its 5am, some days its 7 or anything inbetween the two! And then his naps and bedtime shift depending on how the day goes! Surely this isn't just my baby! Just feel like Lydia is setting totally unrealistic expectations for other Mums or Mums to be!
My 11 month old still has shifting sleep/wake times. We’re in a routine in the sense of we know he has 3/4 hours awake before next sleep, and has predictable feeds but at 3 months routine didn’t exist! She’s obsessed with having Loretta being ahead of other babies her age and moving onto the next stage. I really thought she would be maternal and nurturing considering her family fosters etc but she just seems to see Loretta as a bit of an inconvenience to her day!

Reactions: 5
This is exactly my baby and our days! She’s 6 months this Sunday. Yesterday she was up at 5.45, today is was 8! The only “routine” we have is that I try to make sure bed time is by 7.30 most days and she has 5 bottles a day!

My 11 month old still has shifting sleep/wake times. We’re in a routine in the sense of we know he has 3/4 hours awake before next sleep, and has predictable feeds but at 3 months routine didn’t exist! She’s obsessed with having Loretta being ahead of other babies her age and moving onto the next stage. I really thought she would be maternal and nurturing considering her family fosters etc but she just seems to see Loretta as a bit of an inconvenience to her day!
She really is obsessed with her being the first at everything and what’s her obsession with her being so big. Is she saying now she’s outgrown her clothes that she’s in 6-9 month clothes and she’s not 4 months? I’m sure some babies are in bigger clothes but it’s not an achievement as a parent, it’s just that some babies are bigger 🤷‍♀️

I also hate it when she says she’s “showing us the reality” and it’s something like Loretta took 5 minutes to go down for her nap. It’s hardly showing reality Lydia. I doubt you’ll show us the 4 month sleep regression reality 🤣

• Haha
Shes upsetting the hell out of me that I cant bare to watch her stories. My daughter is a few weeks younger and my 3rd. My first 2 were absolute nightmare sleepers with colic and reflux. My 3rd is a dream, is happy, content and laid back. Ive spent lockdown just cuddling, playing and letting her lead the way with feeding and sleeping. Ive enjoyed every minute of it and sad that she's my last baby. I just cant get my head around her ignoring her baby, regimental routine with sleeping and eating, lack of safety such as leaving her to sleep alone, leaving her on the bed/sofa. I much prefer to watch lucy, she seems pretty grounded and not up herself like lydia. Also anyone else find the way lydia speaks very grating? Talks with teeth together. I dunno, it really bothers me

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Have you seen her stories???? Apparently hundreds of people have DMd her asking about her daily routine (ok hun :rolleyes:). I swear to God, she must be the first woman ever to have a baby!!! Thankfully she is imparting all of her wisdom with us. She blatantly says she visits her family every day in her stories and the most insulting bit - 'it's hard being a working mum'. It's all I can do not to DM her with something really, really insulting. Working mum?!? Her daily routine sets aside two hours to do instagram rubbish - is that what she means by working??? Thick as pig sh*t.
She should try working full time doing 13 hour shifts in a hospital and then coming home to an actually teething 11 month old, who is constantly on the move, then talk about how hard being a working mum is.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Shes upsetting the hell out of me that I cant bare to watch her stories. My daughter is a few weeks younger and my 3rd. My first 2 were absolute nightmare sleepers with colic and reflux. My 3rd is a dream, is happy, content and laid back. Ive spent lockdown just cuddling, playing and letting her lead the way with feeding and sleeping. Ive enjoyed every minute of it and sad that she's my last baby. I just cant get my head around her ignoring her baby, regimental routine with sleeping and eating, lack of safety such as leaving her to sleep alone, leaving her on the bed/sofa. I much prefer to watch lucy, she seems pretty grounded and not up herself like lydia. Also anyone else find the way lydia speaks very grating? Talks with teeth together. I dunno, it really bothers me
She talks like her teeth are too big for her mouth or that has a speech impediment but hides it.

My husband thinks she talks like shes deaf 🙈

Reactions: 6
I'm not exactly a fan of Lydia, or any of the other 'reality' stars, but my two penneth.

Raising babies and children is not a competition. Just because someones baby sleeps doesn't mean that they are lying, or that they will soon come down to reality with a bump. My first baby was a fantastic sleeper, and my second baby (touch wood) seems to be too. The last 3 nights he has slept through from 7pm - 6.30am ish and he's 12 weeks old. I'm not a mystical figure, he's not an anomaly, I don't ignore him during the night, he just sleeps. It's not something to be smug about, nor is it something for others to sneer about as if I'm delusional.

As for routines - when my first was born I was a nervous wreck about making sure he was fed enough and he had enough sleep. How would I know what the signs were for hunger? How would I know if he was tired? Was he supposed to sleep all day? What if that meant something was wrong? What if he didn't sleep all day, what should I do? I honestly did not know how to structure this new life of mine, how to fit a baby in, how to keep myself sane, how to find time for myself - I really found it overwhelming, so I looked at routines.

This was purely so that I had some sort of blueprint that I could work with and help me structure my days. Not to mean that I stuck to it rigidly, but it helped me to know how long babies could/should stay awake for, and how much sleep they needed. I found it gave me some 'control' and structure to my day and it really saved my mental health. My baby never ever cried for anything and was never ignored or denied a feed, but like I say it just helped me as a first time mum feel like I was 'doing it right'. Perhaps this is what Lydia feels too?

Anyway, just my experience because let's face it, being a mum is hard and maybe Lydia *is* struggling, but doesn't want to admit it and is trying to save face. Or maybe she really is that daft, who knows.

Reactions: 1
She’s done pretty much the same ad as Mrs Hinch last night for Fairy dishwasher tablets. It’s about not soaking and then getting a free sample

Reactions: 2
I'm not exactly a fan of Lydia, or any of the other 'reality' stars, but my two penneth.

Raising babies and children is not a competition. Just because someones baby sleeps doesn't mean that they are lying, or that they will soon come down to reality with a bump. My first baby was a fantastic sleeper, and my second baby (touch wood) seems to be too. The last 3 nights he has slept through from 7pm - 6.30am ish and he's 12 weeks old. I'm not a mystical figure, he's not an anomaly, I don't ignore him during the night, he just sleeps. It's not something to be smug about, nor is it something for others to sneer about as if I'm delusional.

As for routines - when my first was born I was a nervous wreck about making sure he was fed enough and he had enough sleep. How would I know what the signs were for hunger? How would I know if he was tired? Was he supposed to sleep all day? What if that meant something was wrong? What if he didn't sleep all day, what should I do? I honestly did not know how to structure this new life of mine, how to fit a baby in, how to keep myself sane, how to find time for myself - I really found it overwhelming, so I looked at routines.

This was purely so that I had some sort of blueprint that I could work with and help me structure my days. Not to mean that I stuck to it rigidly, but it helped me to know how long babies could/should stay awake for, and how much sleep they needed. I found it gave me some 'control' and structure to my day and it really saved my mental health. My baby never ever cried for anything and was never ignored or denied a feed, but like I say it just helped me as a first time mum feel like I was 'doing it right'. Perhaps this is what Lydia feels too?

Anyway, just my experience because let's face it, being a mum is hard and maybe Lydia *is* struggling, but doesn't want to admit it and is trying to save face. Or maybe she really is that daft, who knows.
I'm 100% with you on this one. My baby is almost 20 weeks so a little bit older than Loretta. We have night time sorted....for the minute. She goes down about 8 and could be asleep until 5.30 or until 7, it really just depends.
I also looked into routines, I dont follow them strictly, mainly because my baby leads the way, but i really do find them good as a guideline
As for feeding, my baby is down to four 7oz feeds a day, maybe with a little top up if I think she needs it.

I'm completely aware that this could change any day and I'll figure out things all over again if it does 🤪

Ultimately, the best advice is that every baby different. What works for some wont work for others, as long as it works for your own baby.

I'm 100% with you on this one. My baby is almost 20 weeks so a little bit older than Loretta. We have night time sorted....for the minute. She goes down about 8 and could be asleep until 5.30 or until 7, it really just depends.
I also looked into routines, I dont follow them strictly, mainly because my baby leads the way, but i really do find them good as a guideline
As for feeding, my baby is down to four 7oz feeds a day, maybe with a little top up if I think she needs it.

I'm completely aware that this could change any day and I'll figure out things all over again if it does 🤪

Ultimately, the best advice is that every baby different. What works for some wont work for others, as long as it works for your own baby.
Absolutely! I have just had my second baby and although I'm a bit more 'relaxed' about routine etc, but I still have one eye on the clock to make sure he doesn't get overtired, or that I don't let him get too hungry etc.

Reactions: 1
Why the hell is her mum just holding Loretta in her Instagram like we’re not in the midst of a global pandemic right now? Can’t stand influencers and their OAPs that think they’re above the rules and they don’t apply to them.

Reactions: 7
I have routines with my baby in that she feeds 5 times a day, sometimes 6, and it roughly falls at around the same time each day. She seems to be hungry roughly every 3.5 hours so I make sure to feed her then, looking out for signs that she is hungry. For now, she goes to bed when we do and can generally sleep for 6-7 hours straight through..... sometimes a magical 8 hours. However, this routine isn't something we have strictly imposed....it's just kinds happened because we have responded to the baby and not forced her into anything. I certainly wouldn't stick to anything rigidly at this stage because I'm aware things massively change. I think influencers can massively give over a certain ideal to make
things look easy which can be harmful. It also sounds like Lydia has tried to forcefully train her baby like her robot which is weird, rather than naturally responding to her.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if Debbie the apparent font of all things parenting has said Oh Lyds start as you mean to go on, don't make a rod for your own back, you can train a baby to adapt to your lifestyle you don't let them dictate to you, because it seems so odd that a first time mums natural instincts aren't trial and error or go with your baby's cues it's like someone handed her a time table and instructions and she's not deviating .

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I wonder if Debbie the apparent font of all things parenting has said Oh Lyds start as you mean to go on, don't make a rod for your own back, you can train a baby to adapt to your lifestyle you don't let them dictate to you, because it seems so odd that a first time mums natural instincts aren't trial and error or go with your baby's cues it's like someone handed her a time table and instructions and she's not deviating .
Totally!!! Probably said things like 'oh I did it like this and you were fine' which is all well and good but advice which could be 30 years out of date!!
My friends (who don't have a baby!) Also said we were making a rod for our own back by letting our baby lead the way....I think there is this idea out there that a baby should fit into your life how you want it to (and in some ways when it's older this can be possible!) But while they are a newborns and so little I think it's so much better to go with what they need and want - being instinctive with it. So many of Lydia's followers may feel they are doing something wrong by doing the opposite to her, which is sad when they are just doing what is natural.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.