Lucy Moon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad she’s happier than she was when she’s drinking. Honestly good for her.
I did think that it’s strange how she seems to really dislike the word “alcoholic”. Lucy’s always on about normalising this or that. What’s wrong with being an alcoholic? I’ve met loads of people who are alcoholics. I know that within my group of friends over time some of them will realise that they are alcoholics. That’s just a fact of life and living in the culture we do.
I also found it very strange that she’s so fixated on having non alcoholic drinks be something interesting. Just drink your Diet Coke Lucy, it’s fine.

Reactions: 10
I think she’s stearing clear of the alcoholic label because she got a lot of flak for it last time with the hi I’m Lucy video. Maybe because she was more brief with details about her behaviour or the timing of it being so soon after that stuff with Chai, she got a lot of push back on GG for potentially appropriating a label to try to minimise crappy behaviour.

The way she explains it in this video in my eyes at least really does highlight some very concerning thought patterns around alcohol so I guess good for her that she’s working on that again and identifying that she’s probably not ever going to have a “normal” relationship with booze.

I do have a hard time getting around the “I say horrible tit about/to people that I really don’t mean while drunk” mainly because I’ve just never believed that line myself. All the people I know who have behaved like a twit when they’re pissed have always had hints of that attitude while sober to varying degrees.

Reactions: 7
I’m glad she’s happier than she was when she’s drinking. Honestly good for her.
I did think that it’s strange how she seems to really dislike the word “alcoholic”. Lucy’s always on about normalising this or that. What’s wrong with being an alcoholic? I’ve met loads of people who are alcoholics. I know that within my group of friends over time some of them will realise that they are alcoholics. That’s just a fact of life and living in the culture we do.
I also found it very strange that she’s so fixated on having non alcoholic drinks be something interesting. Just drink your Diet Coke Lucy, it’s fine.
I know this is the smallest point to focus on but Lucy's always had a big thing it seems about soft drinks. Like coke or juice or whatever isn't good enough for her- it needs to be the most pretentious and boojie drink. And if she can't have that she seems to throw a fuss, like I can remember various videos where she points out she's drinking tea at the pub NoT LIkE OtHEr GirLS right, Lucy 🙄

Reactions: 6
I know this is the smallest point to focus on but Lucy's always had a big thing it seems about soft drinks. Like coke or juice or whatever isn't good enough for her- it needs to be the most pretentious and boojie drink. And if she can't have that she seems to throw a fuss, like I can remember various videos where she points out she's drinking tea at the pub NoT LIkE OtHEr GirLS right, Lucy 🙄
I know right? Telling people to check there’s non alcoholic drinks available. Who has ever done that? It’s called tap water, get over yourself

Reactions: 13
So for the first half of the video I was like, oh it's taken her some time to realise actually she does have a problem with alcohol and drinking itself rather than just how it makes her behave. There was a time when I used to be very different when I drank and that was a reflection of my mental health and how I felt on the inside and once I worked on that, I've had no issues with drunk behaviour. So I can see why she might have given alcohol another go. Also in British culture it's SO normalised and if you ever go out and you don't want a drink, you're immediately questioned because the person drinking will see it as some sort of judgement on them or will call you out for being "boring". So yeah, I was like, it's taken Lucy a while to realise that she has an actual, long-term problem and good for her for realising it and doing something about it.

But the more I watched, the more I think she's not there yet. As others have said, she's totally downplaying some stuff - like getting blackout drunk on the regular is not normal Lucy! And does anyone else feel like alcohol is glamourised on social media? Because I don't.

I know this came up as a question but I still find it strange that she chose the term "sober" as it's recognisable by lots of people when "teetotal" is the term for people who choose not to drink. Sober within this context is for people who have had to give up alcohol because of addiction. And yeah, the fact that she ends the video saying never say never whilst simultaneously acknowledging that she found it impossible to drink in moderation and was constantly thinking about the next drink means she's not admitted it to herself and is too scared to call herself an alcoholic.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I know this came up as a question but I still find it strange that she chose the term "sober" as it's recognisable by lots of people when "teetotal" is the term for people who choose not to drink. Sober within this context is for people who have had to give up alcohol because of addiction.
Thank you, this is what I was trying to articulate before. 'Sober' is the term used by those who have experienced alcohol dependency, or other addictions, and it suggests that her drinking was so constant before that she was never sober. Even saying she's 'quit' drinking as well actually, rather than 'I don't drink any more'.

Based on what she's said previously it sounded like she has issues with her behaviour on the occasions when she does drink because she drinks too much. She's never said she has an addiction but has no issue using the terminogy to get clicks. Having said that, I haven't watched the video (I can't get past the thumbnail and the way she's talked about this topic before has been so irresponsible). So maybe she has disclosed that she's alcohol dependent and if so then I hope her recovery is going well.

So for the first half of the video I was like, oh it's taken her some time to realise actually she does have a problem with alcohol and drinking itself rather than just how it makes her behave. There was a time when I used to be very different when I drank and that was a reflection of my mental health and how I felt on the inside and once I worked on that, I've had no issues with drunk behaviour. So I can see why she might have given alcohol another go. Also in British culture it's SO normalised and if you ever go out and you don't want a drink, you're immediately questioned because the person drinking will see it as some sort of judgement on them or will call you out for being "boring". So yeah, I was like, it's taken Lucy a while to realise that she has an actual, long-term problem and good for her for realising it and doing something about it.

But the more I watched, the more I think she's not there yet. As others have said, she's totally downplaying some stuff - like getting blackout drunk on the regular is not normal Lucy! And does anyone else feel like alcohol is glamourised on social media? Because I don't.

I know this came up as a question but I still find it strange that she chose the term "sober" as it's recognisable by lots of people when "teetotal" is the term for people who choose not to drink. Sober within this context is for people who have had to give up alcohol because of addiction. And yeah, the fact that she ends the video saying never say never whilst simultaneously acknowledging that she found it impossible to drink in moderation and was constantly thinking about the next drink means she's not admitted it to herself and is too scared to call herself an alcoholic.
I have to say I agree with her on the point of alcohol being glamourised on social media. From the "Mommy juice" memes, to the whole "it's 5 o'clock somewhere, cocktails with the girls" culture, I do think it's everywhere.
I also disagree with the point of sober being for people who gave up because of addiction. In my experience, teetotal was someone has NEVER drunk alcohol. But again, minor points.
I think overall, she isn't there and still has some work to do. I really hope she figures it out, but downplaying the blacking out, for example, on her platform, really isn't helpful.

Reactions: 8
From the "Mommy juice" memes, to the whole "it's 5 o'clock somewhere, cocktails with the girls"
This to me is more normalising drinking and I'm actually against this sort of "wine o'clock" attitude towards alcohol but I take your point and I see how it might seem glamorous or part of being young and fun.

Anecdotally speaking I don't think teetotal is exclusive to people who have never had alcohol but as Tom Nook said, perhaps "I don't drink anymore" would be the best description which
come without the associations
of alcoholism.

She's never said she has an addiction
She talks around alcoholism in this video, I don't think she says she's an alcoholic but she does say

- She was always thinking about the next drink when she was out (whilst still on her current drink)
-She self regulated because others were around her. So she'd make herself wait to get another drink when her group got their next drink rather than when she wanted to (implication being immediately after current drink)
- Other people reach a point where they would be "done" and stop drinking and she doesn't
- Having periods of sobriety hasn't helped, a hard reset was needed "unless I quit, I was never going to be in control"
- Always down for a drink from 11:00 as long as she wasn't working (presumably AM)

To be honest, I think she has been quite open and vulnerable about this whole thing and it's quite a hard thing to do on the internet. I just hope she realises how bad her relationship with alcohol actually is otherwise she's just going to go through sobriety and binge drinking cycles.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
ok so the video made me realise lucy does not have alcohol addiction, she never did
she just dangles the word around to keep us interested AND it is the closest thing she has to any sort of 'depth' or 'interest' that she milks it for all its worth
its all she's got to keep us watching so I reckon videos on her 'drinking journey' are not going anywhere anytime soon

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Every other week we are exposed to another Instagram reel or post of her visit to Columbia Road Market. I work at a desk-job on the weekends and I still have a more varied Sunday than hers.

Reactions: 5
Had to laugh at her post saying she wants her mum to dislike her answers so she knows she’s pushed the boat out.

like… when does she ever dress in anything remotely out there?

• Haha
05FB562D-AD9E-43EF-9FB2-049BA03A2CF1.jpeg

Please Lucy find a new pose, I think you’ve done the “I’ve lost my keys” one too many times now 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I know this phrasing is a bit of a joke and I'm getting annoyed at petty things- but she has this habit of doing something ONE TIME and making it her identity- "I'm the cool girl"... "I'm a pilates girl"... really makes it seem that she has so little personality or confidence in herself that she has to jump on any old thing as an identifier.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Her boyfriend is very attractive have to say it.

More holier than thou attitude in today’s vlog, particularly re: fashion. Does this girl just not get sick of being so pretentious
heaavy disagree on that one.

man the standards for male attractiveness is so low.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Realised that Lucy is the only person I follow on instagram that is openly “Team Amber” as she liked Ambers Heard’s post-verdict insta post. Thoughts? Has she spoken about this?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Does Lucy actually make enough money to live a London life as influencer? I’m convinced it would equate to not more than 2k a month plus self employment taxes etc

Reactions: 3
Realised that Lucy is the only person I follow on instagram that is openly “Team Amber” as she liked Ambers Heard’s post-verdict insta post. Thoughts? Has she spoken about this?
wow seriously? i'd love to hear her talk about that one 😂

You haven’t ‘quit’ or ‘gone sober’ if you’re still consuming 0.05% ABV drinks. But I guess ‘cutting back’ doesn’t have the same cachet. It’s dangerous messaging and she needs to bleeping stop.
This story also annoyed me how she mentioned it tastes good inspite of the packaging... Lucy love that doesn't make sense. She cares so much about how things look and seems to be becoming more vapid every time she posts

Reactions: 12
You haven’t ‘quit’ or ‘gone sober’ if you’re still consuming 0.05% ABV drinks. But I guess ‘cutting back’ doesn’t have the same cachet. It’s dangerous messaging and she needs to bleeping stop.
I’m sure on all of the alcohol free stuff they have to say it might contain traces of alcohol to cover their backs? So I dunno if that counts towards the 0.5%?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.