Lucy Moon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet to see an interesting video for the past few years! Yet to see an actual video of any kind for 2 weeks.

the irony of her being on the panel for cruelty free beauty at SITC while putting up an insta story asking people what their fav CF beauty brands are and also not giving a flying duck about being cruelty free :rolleyes: Although, can't say I'm shocked. What else is new?

Reactions: 4
what a waste of her (imo so interesting) degree and not doing anything with it. I'm not saying she has to get a job in this field. But she could do content about it (because she's woke person and social justice warrior :rolleyes:) but it seems she not even is interested in anything in this field anymore / not even reading something about it

Reactions: 3
her january videos so far are rather poor -rushed and badly edited.
Couldn't she have pre-recorded some of them?

Reactions: 3
So she brands herself as 'cruelty-free' but she's not even vegetarian, let alone vegan. She clearly doesn't really care, just jumping on a bandwagon.

Reactions: 6
So she brands herself as 'cruelty-free' but she's not even vegetarian, let alone vegan. She clearly doesn't really care, just jumping on a bandwagon.
I really appreciate what you’re trying to say here, however can’t we still be happy she’s making a change in this aspect of her life first? This all or nothing mentality can be really damaging. Especially with issues such as cruelty free/sustainable lifestyles (in every aspect; eating, makeup, clothing etc). Whilst I’m not her biggest fan anymore- I used to be a regular viewer back in 2014-2017 ish- it seems harsh to say she doesn’t really care when she is trying to improve her makeup bag. Yes it’s a small step but it’s a step in the right direction and maybe we shouldn’t attack her because she hasn’t gone completely vegetarian or vegan yet. That’s a personal choice and hers to make.

Reactions: 11
I really appreciate what you’re trying to say here, however can’t we still be happy she’s making a change in this aspect of her life first? This all or nothing mentality can be really damaging. Especially with issues such as cruelty free/sustainable lifestyles (in every aspect; eating, makeup, clothing etc). Whilst I’m not her biggest fan anymore- I used to be a regular viewer back in 2014-2017 ish- it seems harsh to say she doesn’t really care when she is trying to improve her makeup bag. Yes it’s a small step but it’s a step in the right direction and maybe we shouldn’t attack her because she hasn’t gone completely vegetarian or vegan yet. That’s a personal choice and hers to make.

Oh I agree, mostly. But I don't think Lucy should brand herself as 'cruelty-free', and just switching to vegan makeup is not a particularly challenging change to make.

Lucy is that girl at uni who letures you (continually) about being green, ethical and actually doing something for the planet. ( i really wanna go on a cool march/ protest! What should i wear?) All the while chomping down on flesh, eggs and dairy, shopping regularly at primark and zara, taking cheap flights several times a year for "travelling" and gaining experiences, never 'just' a holiday. The type who indulge in coke, not the beverage and drive their car for a 10 minute journey. The type that have a plethora of books on display that they haven't (and won't) read. Is buying a cruelty free lip stick and switching to a moon (lol) cup that hard a change to make?! 😟

Also the whining abour critical feedback. 😠😠😠 she seems not to understand what work is like, does she not realise co workers talk about their colleagues, bosses hold you to account and denand as much as they can from their worker?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
In her latest vlog she mentions forums, which then made me look her up here, don't think that was her aim, never mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So glad there’s a LM thread!
Just been reminded of an awful video she made with Evan Edinger about living in London.

She is the absolute template or white-privilege-wannabe-social-justice-warrior :sick:
Making comments about how in London ‘you can find council estates right next to the big mansions’. God how awful for you Lucy having to look at council houses from your ivory tower.

Also the white privilege is seeping out of her commenting on how South London has ‘cool’ parts. Like the ‘cool’ Peckham not ‘Peckham Peckham’ or Clapham/ Balham aka the most gentrified areas of SW not the areas that are actually authentic London and not filled with avocado bleeping brunch cafes.

She is so bleeping virtue signalling and sharing all this ‘woke’ stuff when really it comes down to it and she’s just a privileged little girl who will run back to safety at the first sign of trouble. Ugh had to get that off my chest ahaha

Reactions: 21
She is so bleeping virtue signalling and sharing all this ‘woke’ stuff when really it comes down to it and she’s just a privileged little girl who will run back to safety at the first sign of trouble. Ugh had to get that off my chest ahaha
👏👏👏 to your whole post!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd normally post in the other forum website but lately that has been so damn slow. Any of you guys from GG?

Anyway,
Wanted to post that overly woke Lucy struck again yesterday. She posted on twitter about some petition she had signed to change the recommended books for GCSE English to include books that spoke about race and racism. But, being Lucy, I'm guessing she didn't pay attention in school.

The petitions refers to books from Dickens, works from Shakespeare, John Steinbeck and George Orwell as indication of what the status quo is like in the UK curriculum and I agree it is screaming out for diversity. However, all these books are on the set list for the English Literature GCSE. A qualification where there are no set texts of Non-fiction work and the books that have been suggested to join the set list are The Good Immigrant (which is a collection of essays that reflect upon being a minority in America) or Why I'm No Longer Talking To White People About Race. Both Non-Fiction. So one, that petition is now rendered effectively useless. And two, there are literally so many fiction books that discuss topics of race and ethnicity and even plenty that discuss being a minority in Britain which would be a bit more useful than only ever discussing racial tension in the context of the US because we already bloody do that and it just allows us another avenue to ignore our own institutional racism in this country.

To be frank as well, these petitions about school reading lists often also make me wonder if half the people just weren't paying attention at school. Because at my crappy comprehensive school we read The Color Purple and Anne Frank's Diary amongst other titles that discussed themes of race and discrimination.

If it were me making the petition, why not include books like "Girl, Woman, Other"or even "Noughts and Crosses". I didn't read 'The Hate U Give' but maybe that one would be a good inclusion? The point of English Literature isn't to get people to read a non-fiction books that tells them answers and then they just copy it down and do that. That would be a disservice to the children and to the process by which they learn. Far better to include fiction that raises the same themes that can then be discussed in class. And individual lessons about the context in which the books are written.

Otherwise you may as well campaign to put them on the PSHE set reading list or just to put them in English Language

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't top what you said, i was nodding along reading and agree completely. Also think that campaigning for schools to run reading clubs / film society / drama clubs or art societys would be even more helpful long term. Not everyone gets to do those activities with family like Luc seems to. But she's only doing it for the clout, like the substantial / ethical empty words that were spouted when ex tens ion reb elliob were in the news, or when she made empty promises about being cruelty free.
😕

Reactions: 8
Everything she does is performative. The worst thing is she probably genuinely believes she is ‘woke’ and a woman of the people. But my god she is such a little privileged white girl who thinks sharing a few petitions and commenting ‘😍’ on a few black creators posts is enough. She makes my blood boil!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Agree with everyone's thoughts about how performative she is and about the reading lists. It's known publicly which secondary school she went to (a grammar school with majority white students in one of the most affluent areas in the country) she would have definitely encountered books such as "The Color Purple", "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "Anne Frank's Diary" even if they were not in the curriculum. "Noughts and Crosses" was one of the more popular books among teenagers in the 2000s (and still is?) The libraries at these grammar schools will be well stocked with these texts. Also I assume she was interested in literature at school as she states she won a creative writing prize in her teenage years.

Out of curiosity I found that the suggested reading list for her old school's year 10 and year 11 students is available online here
"The Hate U Give" is included on the list as well as other books that discuss themes of race such as "The Poet X", "Brick Lane" and "The Bluest Eye" There will be some students who will be motivated to read these books in their own time especially if they already have an interest in literature. Obviously the exam boards and schools within the education system still need to do a lot of work to diversify their curriculum and so often these optional reading lists out of the exam context will include these books with little engagement and then call it a day. Including these fictional texts as compulsory for discussion in classes would be a good start. What makes it worse about Lucy though is that because of the school she attended- which proportionally benefits more from government funding and funding from wealthy parents is that she had the access to engage with literature written by Black authors and other authors of colour at her fingertips because of her school's library and reading groups but her white privilege meant that she could devalue these texts all the same even when she comparatively has more privilege than other white students who attended schools with less funding and resources.

Lol! Thanks for the link that is really interesting and some really good books on there!

I live super close to that area but went to a crappy comprehensive for my secondary school but had to move schools for 6th form as our secondary didn't have one. I actually applied to go to her school for 6th form (had no idea about her or her channel then) but in the end decided on a fairly similar grammar school in the next town over. I continued doing English Lit for 6th form and we read tonnes of books that weren't written by white british or american authors and from the sounds of what the younger kids at that grammar school were learning, they too were being immersed in a more diverse pool of authors. Obviously this is an insanely privileged school but if I can come across some more diverse books at an underfunded state comprehensive and then go to a grammar school where an interest in world literature is expected, surely Lucy would have had those same expectations on her? or at least have come across the odd book that discusses racism and discrimination to a certain extent.

And for her to get on her high horse about what kids should be reading at school when she's so open about barely reading anything is baffling. Has Lucy even read cover to cover the books recommended in the petition?

Did Lucy not read Anne Frank's Diary? or To Kill a Mockingbird? or I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings? It seems not. And this isn't to say "everyone must read these or they're a moron" but because Lucy is so vocal about educating yourself and making sure you aren't living in a bubble and all of that, surely she would make the effort herself to practise what she preaches?

At the grammar school I went to for 6th form the reading list in English was implied as ongoing homework in our classes where we would regularly come back to "what are you reading now" questions from our teacher even though these weren't set texts for the coursework or exams we were studying for. I doubt it was much different at Lucy's school.

Sorry for posting a lot but:

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 15.50.58.png

Link to Tweet

Never mind guys, Lucy Moon "education qween" is on the job for education reform.

Would love to see it if she actually read a damn book every now and again she's so wilfully ignorant the hypocrisy is so real with this one.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Maybe she should start a pgce degree and go intl teaching herself? Really make a difference as she is so passionate about implementing a change...

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.