Lucy Moon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Non-influncer people do it too. Because apparently, the ghastly IG algorithm doesn't show all post to all followers. So people would post it with a line saying, "Just in case you missed my last post", "I've worked so hard on this post, please go and show it some love"
and it always end up being a boring aerial shot of a latte

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Her boyfriend is very attractive have to say it.

More holier than thou attitude in today’s vlog, particularly re: fashion. Does this girl just not get sick of being so pretentious

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Things that annoyed me from her video (bit of a rant, sorry):

- "Talking" about Dan H basically being just being critical and looking down on him for focusing on one project. Clearly Dan made mistakes but it felt so rage inducing as he had real passion for what he was trying to make and put that above "business savvy". Lucy wouldn't know passion for work even if it punched her in the face
- Irritating the amount of times she mentioned coffee/waved her mugs around
- Talking about high fashion and totally missing the point of consumerism and how things work under capitalism. She jumps to work with brands such as &other stories so really needs to check herself
- What does she even do with her time
- Buying the lid to a jar thinking it was a candle stick holder.. I have no words
- No mention of hours.. are we surprised
- No mention of ad in the title/thumbnail. Little miss ethics

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Things that annoyed me from her video (bit of a rant, sorry):

- "Talking" about Dan H basically being just being critical and looking down on him for focusing on one project. Clearly Dan made mistakes but it felt so rage inducing as he had real passion for what he was trying to make and put that above "business savvy". Lucy wouldn't know passion for work even if it punched her in the face
- Irritating the amount of times she mentioned coffee/waved her mugs around
- Talking about high fashion and totally missing the point of consumerism and how things work under capitalism. She jumps to work with brands such as &other stories so really needs to check herself
- What does she even do with her time
- Buying the lid to a jar thinking it was a candle stick holder.. I have no words
- No mention of hours.. are we surprised
- No mention of ad in the title/thumbnail. Little miss ethics
To continue:
-Basically begging for engagement by asking people to discuss in the comments
-trying to preempt any negativity by framing it as being uncivil
-mindless waffling re creativity and being a working creative. I was sick of this about 4 videos ago and she hasn’t made any new points since.
anything else?

She really missed the point of Dan's video didn't she!? The way she was talking about not sticking to one platform and putting all your money into one project..... someone like Dan can clearly afford to do that, so if he wants to have some integrity and create content he's passionate about then there's nothing wrong with that. He got screwed over by YouTube and that wasn't his fault. Coming from someone who films themselves making coffee, doesn't disclose ADs properly and has a brand, but nobody knows what is is or does despite it being announced a year ago.

Reactions: 17
Haven't seen Dan's video (and stopped following him a little while ago) - what's the one project? He was one of the first youtubers I followed who did do stuff outside of youtube too - he had a job on the radio and a book and went on tour?

Also the AD really annoyed me. I had the vlog on as background noise and was confused as to why she was giving her thoughts on a film and then saw AD in the corner and just skipped over it.

She also mentioned that she is constantly trying to improve herself and her videos but I just don't see it. She's so much more generic now? Like her personality and videos have been flattened so that she might as well be any influencer.

Reactions: 10
Haven't seen Dan's video (and stopped following him a little while ago) - what's the one project? He was one of the first youtubers I followed who did do stuff outside of youtube too - he had a job on the radio and a book and went on tour?

Also the AD really annoyed me. I had the vlog on as background noise and was confused as to why she was giving her thoughts on a film and then saw AD in the corner and just skipped over it.

She also mentioned that she is constantly trying to improve herself and her videos but I just don't see it. She's so much more generic now? Like her personality and videos have been flattened so that she might as well be any influencer.
He was all but promised his own series by YouTube Orignals. He agreed to other projects with YouTube in the meantime as one of their golden boys, then they ignored his calls and dropped him without a proper conversation after he'd spent months working on scripts etc because he was led to believe it would happen. It got to the point where he even offered to pay for the project out of his own pocket, which they agreed to and then dropped him. It sounded very unprofessional and like his mental health was at rock bottom.

I hope I've remembered that correctly!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Thanks for summarising! I ended up listening to Dan's video today and I have to say, Lucy's take was so off? Cold?

Like Dan is an OG youtuber who made stuff for himself not for money and now when he's wanted to create something personal and on his own terms, it does make sense to stick to the platform where he is most well-known and owes his success (plus who even knows if a mainstream TV station would have taken a punt on him despite the BBC radio stuff?). She made it sound like he was short-sighted for not multiplying his revenue streams but he just comes across as quite earnest? And possibly a bit naive as to where your loyalties should lie (yourself, loyalties should always lie with yourself when working people!).

• Wow
Watched her latest video to see if maybe she’d improved but sadly not. Same old, same old.

Lucy Moon bingo
- saying she’s got burn out from creating pointless vlogs every now and then
- talks about coffee as if it’s a personality trait
- AD engineered into the middle of the vlog as if it’s totally organic and her own thoughts (“I love watching sky blockbusters and they’re 50 original films😃”)
- buying stuff she doesn’t need
- pretending she’s a YouTube/ social media expert critiquing Dan Howell and adding her 2 pence where it’s not needed
- talking about fashion again like she’s an expert when she doesn’t know anything about it past the surface level
- basically doing nothing all week but producing a video about it as if anyone cares

• Heart
Who the hell is she to be patronising Dan Howell like that? All she does is comment on things snarkily and she calls herself a creator. She thinks she's so well-equipped because she has a degree but she completely misses the point of Dan's video. The point is that being a creator is difficult to do authentically because of how platforms like Youtube operate now. I don't think Dan calls himself an influencer but Lucy very much leans into being one :rolleyes: There's also no entitlement in Dan's video that he expected to walk through a door easily because of being well-known already, the POINT is that he worked hard and put time, effort and money into that project and was misled? She is stealing a living, I can't stand her.

Reactions: 16
I wasn't going to watch 168 hours but I did (for my sins).

I'm not sure why she tries to make everything sound so profound when it's not. It makes the vlog incredibly dull and makes her out to be a bit of a fool. The high-fashion ramble was a particularly painful watch. How can you, as a "lifestyle influencer", not have a definitive stance on luxury fashion, or at least a concise summary of your beliefs? Similarly with the Dan thing. How can you say that burn-out is one of the worst facets of influencer culture (a topic you dedicated an entire video to), and then turn around and tell someone they ought to have had multiple income streams/produced content for other platforms?

I don't think she really has an opinion on anything, but wants to give the illusion that she's clued-up/intelligent. It just makes her come across as not overly well-read or informed.

On that note, I've also noticed she's been reading that same book for at least a month and a half now. Is she not able to fit it around her 12 hour work week? Must be tough.

I'd consider getting back into her vlogs if they either a) consisted of simple and honest (!) recommendations, daily routines, skincare etc, without the superficial political commentary, or b) if she had a life outside of whatever this 'job' is because then I'd be more receptive to her incoherent ramblings. I would think "yes, she's a little thick, but at least she's a fellow worker and comrade in arms".

But alas, I've just watched an affluent, barely working influencer explain to me "luxury fashion nice and glam but also not for the poors like you. Anyway look at my one of two coffee machines".

Reactions: 15
Her performative reading of the “right” kind of books really irks me. It’s as much a prop as the flowers and candle.
it’s genuinely a great book, but she must be reading a page a day at most.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Thanks for summarising! I ended up listening to Dan's video today and I have to say, Lucy's take was so off? Cold?

Like Dan is an OG youtuber who made stuff for himself not for money and now when he's wanted to create something personal and on his own terms, it does make sense to stick to the platform where he is most well-known and owes his success (plus who even knows if a mainstream TV station would have taken a punt on him despite the BBC radio stuff?). She made it sound like he was short-sighted for not multiplying his revenue streams but he just comes across as quite earnest? And possibly a bit naive as to where your loyalties should lie (yourself, loyalties should always lie with yourself when working people!).
You really summed up how I feel here! It's like Lucy has no confidence or understanding about what she's doing, and as a defence mechanism convinces herself that "no I'm great and doing it right and this is the only way". It reminds me of her going on about bitcoin which was just embarrassing. I'm not the biggest fan of Dan by any means but have a lot of respect for him as his passion really comes out and he seems like a hard worker. Like he is actually working behind the scenes.

I really hope Lucy actually gets something out of therapy- however I know from experience that the practitioner can only go on the information they're given- aka what Lucy tells them. I bet she makes this out to be super different than they are- her own version. Right now she seems to be treating "therapy" as a personality trait, posting when she's going to and from. God forbids she uses that walk to reflect on the session

Reactions: 12
I'm halfway through it now. Odd her talking about how we don't know the body metabolises alcohol and whether the body converts it into fats in the body when I thought we did know that abuse of alcohol can cause a build up of fats in the liver and lead to liver disease.

• Wow
I'm halfway through it now. Odd her talking about how we don't know the body metabolises alcohol and whether the body converts it into fats in the body when I thought we did know that abuse of alcohol can cause a build up of fats in the liver and lead to liver disease.
another reason I am unfollowing so many influencers rn is they spread misinformation and never fact check when it can so easily be done
there are so many papers on this that she could easily find and cite
like cmon Lucy I thought you said you went to university??

Reactions: 10
Yes, this was so weird for me as well. She's like 'scientists don't know how it works' no Lucy, you're the one who don't know.

I would let it slide tho but what made me really angry is that part about whether she's planning on staying sober forever. And of course she's like never say never. Maybe I'm wrong but if you think you have a very serious problem with alcohol and you decide you want to do sth about you would want to stay sober and you would want people to hold you accountable.

It feels like she's taking that very serious issue that can cause lots of heartbreak and damage to people and make it her personality trait until of course she finds something else.

I really do wish her luck tho and hope this video is not just a way to get some views.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I unfollowed her ages ago but have a nosey now and then and this latest video...urgh..she comes across as so preachy...even talking about her own experience.

Part of me thinks she stopped because she gained weight and got lazy with youtube...

Saying London isn't a safe space for getting drunk in...nowhere is Lucy...

• Heart
I haven’t watched the full thing yet, but I felt really uncomfortable in the first few minutes because every single time she’d start to say some behaviour she had around alcohol that was a bit worrying, she would immediately then downplay it or moderate it in some way to make it not that big a deal or as though it might have been inconvenient but not really that bad.
So my first thought was, this girl is in denial.

After a while though she started to say some more details without qualifiers and those details were very interesting. I think perhaps she still kind of thinks she was in the realm of ‘normal’, but the things she mentioned definitely sound like she is an alcoholic. It’s concerning and yes it’s great that she is now 6 months sober. That’s a big accomplishment for her and she should celebrate it. However, it also sounds like she doesn’t realize yet the seriousness of her problem— but maybe she does and just doesn’t want to share it? But she kinda sounds like people when they are still in the stages of, ‘I’m just doing this to show that I can, really the best part is that I’m saving money, and who knows I might drink again’. Her saying that is a function of her addiction.

The point of deciding to be sober is to decide to be sober. It’s much more comforting to think that you could drink again SOME day (and reassure everyone by making it seem as though you’re only thinking faaaar in the future). But if you say that, you get to believe yourself that this could be temporary so it’s not that bad and also you don’t have to face the truth of it— that you cannot drink because you’re an alcoholic and aren’t able to drink normally and this pretty much doesn’t just change once you’ve just been ‘sober’ for a couple years. I feel she also says this so that she can be seen drinking socially again and people won’t say anything because she has already been sure to state that it’s not a set thing.

Anyway, it is definitely difficult and relapses are extremely common so I don’t really know what she will be saying a year from now. I hope she stays healthy and sober but I have a feeling she has more ‘realizations’ to make about her drinking and could perhaps be in an early stage of trying to quit temporarily. But it is a mental illness and I wish her the best in navigating it.

I will say, she looks way better having given up alcohol, and I don’t mean weight either. For years she has looked kinda bleary, depressed, and tired… she has a brightness to her eyes again and her skin looks better, she seems sharper and more at ease and that comes through in her appearance.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.