Lucy Moon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are influencers referring to 'being a bit tired' as 'burnout'. Burnout can be a really serious and debilitating thing for those experiencing it and there's a big difference between feeling tired/ questioning your life choices and being burnt out. As someone who has experience working in a career where we had training and warnings about the dangers of stress leading to emotional burnout, the importance of preventing this happening etc it really pisses me off seeing it used as a new influencer buzzword.

I won't even ask the obvious question of what she's tired from considering her content recently has been rearranging her wardrobe and trialing beauty products. Side note, she's using other activite ingredients alongside her Skin &, Me treatment again in the latest video so still not using it correctly.

Anyway, the joke's on me because 2 minutes in I discovered I've clicked on an AD because the disclosure was right at the end of a long video title 😡
i am with you there. especially in the context of the LAST TWO YEARS it is super tonedeaf of her to throw around the term burnout. I'm not saying that she can't be tired/stressed/ in existential crisis or whatever, but unless she has a super heavy workload over a prolonged period and pumping out multiple videos a week i don't believe that she is burnt out as an influencer who barely uploads one video a week. That is really the last straw for me. the privilege and insensitivity is insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Maybe this is being insensitive, but if I had the life and job she conveys online christ I would have so much energy to do so much stuff! I'm currently experiencing burnout from working nonstop for the last year two years. I have a 9-5 office job, plus multiple photography and social media side income gigs to try and stay afloat, I basically have like an hour to myself before bed everyday.

Before I was able to make money from that I had to work a part time job on top of my office job. Like girl, you work at most 20 hours a week? MAYBE? Also idk maybe I'm stretching this a bit far but the fact that she doesn't have to change her work schedule while so many people in the UK are suffering due to price increases everything and she really thought the best angle for this video was to talk about burnout?

I'm personally offended obviously lol but it's so out of touch.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Maybe this is being insensitive, but if I had the life and job she conveys online christ I would have so much energy to do so much stuff! I'm currently experiencing burnout from working nonstop for the last year two years. I have a 9-5 office job, plus multiple photography and social media side income gigs to try and stay afloat, I basically have like an hour to myself before bed everyday.

Before I was able to make money from that I had to work a part time job on top of my office job. Like girl, you work at most 20 hours a week? MAYBE? Also idk maybe I'm stretching this a bit far but the fact that she doesn't have to change her work schedule while so many people in the UK are suffering due to price increases everything and she really thought the best angle for this video was to talk about burnout?

im with you on this. Work has been insane lately for me I work in a charity providing support to vulnerable adults. People keep leaving our team because the pay and upper management are shite. I’m the only full time person left on the team apart from my line manager and I already have a case load of 60 clients. Our waiting list is currently 25 cases long. This long weekend I’ve just slept and I’m not even burnt out yet but I know it’s coming unless something gives.

Lucy did say something along the lines of “is it really burnout if you haven’t had a breakdown” so I think that kinda emphasises that she’s using the term any time she feels a little bit tired or even bored of YouTube. Which is apparently every week unless she’s on a holiday.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

You're not being insensitive at all! I work 40 hours a week to just about pay my rent for a singular room in the area she lives in. If I had the time, let alone the money she has/flaunts, I would NOT be "burned-out". I wouldn't even be mildly stressed. I live with people who are so burned-out that they don't even eat/wash/speak to friends regularly. Breakdowns are serious and manifest in awful ways - not being able to organise and verbalise thoughts, plans, answers to simple questions. I'm not trying to say people should experience the extreme end of stress for it to be valid, but from what I'm seeing Lucy just seems to find her job a little bit difficult...?

I also think it's bizarre to post a video like this after being on holiday in Provence...? 'I'm so burned out!!!! Also look at these pictures I took on my holidays that I can afford.' I'm sure she'd be surprised to hear that people can't just pack their bags and spend money and time travelling when things get a little bit tough.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why are influencers referring to 'being a bit tired' as 'burnout'. Burnout can be a really serious and debilitating thing for those experiencing it and there's a big difference between feeling tired/ questioning your life choices and being burnt out. As someone who has experience working in a career where we had training and warnings about the dangers of stress leading to emotional burnout, the importance of preventing this happening etc it really pisses me off seeing it used as a new influencer buzzword.

I won't even ask the obvious question of what she's tired from considering her content recently has been rearranging her wardrobe and trialing beauty products. Side note, she's using other activite ingredients alongside her Skin &, Me treatment again in the latest video so still not using it correctly.

Anyway, the joke's on me because 2 minutes in I discovered I've clicked on an AD because the disclosure was right at the end of a long video title 😡
I thought the exact same thing. I have experienced burnout and it’s serious— to be honest I feel as though I’m still not back to normal and this happened years ago. It’s debilitating on every level and can’t be fixed by ~taking yourself~ to a museum or gallery.

Being demotivated, lacking focus, and being uninterested in your work is not necessarily the same as burnout. Sure you should address those things, but labelling it as burnout is just offensive tbh. Because she has claimed to be burnt out several times a year for years now. Does she think she’s meant to say she has burnout every few months for the rest of her career? That makes no sense but it’s the track she’s on.

Reactions: 12
Why are influencers referring to 'being a bit tired' as 'burnout'. Burnout can be a really serious and debilitating thing for those experiencing it and there's a big difference between feeling tired/ questioning your life choices and being burnt out.
Because they are extremely ignorant. It's like claiming to be "a bit OCD" because you like cleaning.

Lucy makes one video a week. She has no concept of what it means to work full time.

Every time Lucy posts a video she manages to make herself look even more vapid and lazy. She even admits in the video that she doesn't know what the word burnout means.

Reactions: 13
She's just been on holiday, plus she had that weekend away a couple of weeks ago, and she's still feeling "burnt out"? Girl's never had to work hard in her life.

As it's been said before, she needs to get a real job and work on youtube part time. I started following her around the time she made her uni experience video and I think because she wasn't seriously considering youtube to be her full-time thing just yet, her content was better and it was definitely more creative when she was at uni.

Reactions: 9
She's just been on holiday, plus she had that weekend away a couple of weeks ago, and she's still feeling "burnt out"? Girl's never had to work hard in her life.

As it's been said before, she needs to get a real job and work on youtube part time. I started following her around the time she made her uni experience video and I think because she wasn't seriously considering youtube to be her full-time thing just yet, her content was better and it was definitely more creative when she was at uni.
I wonder if she went down to doing YouTube part time alongside another part time job would her uploads actually decrease or would she suddenly realise a video a week isn’t actually that much work to put out.

didn’t she used to upload alongside doing uni work back then?

Reactions: 1

My thoughts exactly. To be honest i did not watch the video but when I saw the title + AD i had to laugh.
I would never belittle anyone's feelings and experiences but how can she feel burnout when she barely does any work. And when she does it's always at the last minute. Even with that video there was a chance the brand would not approve it on time, but i'm 100% sure she sent it at the last possible moment.

I do believe she should consider finding a new job/career, but she never will. I mean who would really? You don't have to be good at your job, you don't actually have to do anything and you still get all the perks - money, free make up, skin care, SOFAS with no consequences at all. Such a dreamy life.

Reactions: 11
met gala reaction video was a struggle, clear she knows nothing about fashion but tries to blag through
It was odd wasn't it?

What I took away was that, although it's not OK for anyone here to talk about what influencers do or wear, it's fine for influencers to dissect celebrities' outfits and list reasons why they hate them or they got the dress code wrong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
To be honest I know she doesn't know tit about fashion so I will not see her met gala video but I looked at the thumbnail and the leight of her hair right now suits her a lot better, I wish she'd try grow her hair even longer

Reactions: 4
I tapped into it and immediately tapped out. Can you imagine being so desperate for clicks that you do a blind reaction when you know next to nothing about fashion history, let alone fashion?

Reactions: 6
are we coming up to orhave we passed the year anniversary of announcing Hours?

still don't know what on earth it is lol

• Haha
Reactions: 13
so i guess no video again today… but that’s normal. what i find surprising is that we have not recevied any standard excuse: apartment too small, burnout (from going out), period cramps or maybe i just missed it 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is it normal for influencers to have an Instagram story directing people to a post on their main feed? Am I losing my mind? Why would you do that?

Reactions: 2
Is it normal for influencers to have an Instagram story directing people to a post on their main feed? Am I losing my mind? Why would you do that?
Non-influncer people do it too. Because apparently, the ghastly IG algorithm doesn't show all post to all followers. So people would post it with a line saying, "Just in case you missed my last post", "I've worked so hard on this post, please go and show it some love"
AKA begging for likes/engagement.
Also, a lot of the time when influencers do it, it would be for a sponsored content. There is a reason people don't "❤" ADs, they're ADs, often sneaky and often not very good ones. But the brand will ask for numbers/engagement, hence influencers reverting to begging 🙄

Reactions: 5
She’s posting a bit more on TikTok now too. Plus a tweet about coming up for 6 months of sobriety and asking for questions for a q+a.

my guess is she’s come to the end of a small “burnout” and has a shred of motivation to increase her engagement rate until the numbers get her down and she’s back to a burn out again.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.