Lucy Moon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else Icked out buy the: oh btw I think they use forced labour in some of their factories but I’m not really sure.

what sort of point does she think shes making? Just buy second hand it’s fine?!?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Sounds like she’s feeling a bit more body confident this season which is great.
she’s saying she feels like the style she’s leaning towards more is a sporty sexy vibe but that’s definitely more of a trend recently right? She’s still just following trends.

I guess it is really hard not to when you’re so in that influencer bubble but every time she looks back she’s like “oh that was such a trend piece this thing is definitely more me and timeless” and then repeats that every season.

Reactions: 7
I swear she made a whole video about how she doesn't actually have a capsule wardrobe but now suddenly she's talking about it again?

Nice mention of something she bought off of vinted.

It really does feel like she's trying to convince herself that she likes colour.

Reactions: 3
anyone see the TikTok she did Re deliciously Ella
Oh that's odd. Saying Ella 'ruined my life with her blog' but then saying the bars are delicious. Uh okay? Why did you even buy them though?
I don't like Ella's messaging around food so I don't buy her products.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Oh that's odd. Saying Ella 'ruined my life with her blog' but then saying the bars are delicious. Uh okay? Why did you even buy them though?
I also kinda think it’s weird to effectively blame people for your own mental health issues. I get that she’s joking and it’s not that deep but it’s a bit ‘13 reasons why’ to say someone’s blog ruined your life or one thing is the entire root cause of a breakdown when it’s pretty much always a combination of factors.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The vibe here is just not the one, and I really don't understand the purpose of this tiktok. She really is such a flop

Reactions: 6
Should there not be an AD in the thumbnail or video title for today? The Sky sponsorship didn't even fit with the video theme.

I appreciate the honest reviews but her lack of research about using Skin & Me and what's in it annoyed me, like it does every other influencer who doesn't read the directions. Aluminium goes in the recycling bins here, does it not work like that where she lives? The tube will be empty by the end of the 28 days as the product twists up every day.

Reactions: 10
I know she made a comment in the past about being less personal on social media, but every video I watch from her is becoming increasingly more fake? Occasionally in a 172 hours video I'll catch a glimpse of a person, but no part of her personality shows in some of her videos! I know she's trying to me ore of a minimalist "that girl" vibe but it's giving robot.

Reactions: 13
Should there not be an AD in the thumbnail or video title for today? The Sky sponsorship didn't even fit with the video theme.

I appreciate the honest reviews but her lack of research about using Skin & Me and what's in it annoyed me, like it does every other influencer who doesn't read the directions. Aluminium goes in the recycling bins here, does it not work like that where she lives? The tube will be empty by the end of the 28 days as the product twists up every day.
I thought it was kind of crappy how she said she wondered if they secretly put menthol in the product to make it feel like it does something. A quick google would've told her that both the active ingredients in the product can cause stinging.

Reactions: 3
I thought it was kind of crappy how she said she wondered if they secretly put menthol in the product to make it feel like it does something. A quick google would've told her that both the active ingredients in the product can cause stinging.
the mentol thing was so stupid obviously a dermatologist-made skincare product that has very strong ingredients in (perhaps her's wasn;t uite as strong but a lot of people have strong retinol in their Skin & Me) is no way in hell going to have menthol put in it??? why would they put something in that can be irritating to your skin when they are already using ingredients that can do that BUT have benefits

it honestly came across to me that she just wanted to sound like she knew what she was talking about and because some other products do include menthol for the tingle feeling of it 'doing something', but she massivley failed because Skin & Me is literally the opposite of a style over substance product, so she just looks uninformed and rude lol

Reactions: 5
It really annoys when influencers haven't got enough knowledge about skincare and still go on tangent about ingredients doing this and that. I haven't seen Lucy's video so speaking in general terms but they often just repeat something they heard somewhere without checking and giving it second thought.
Or they say, I think this contains X or Y but can't be bothered to go, grab the product and check, or check online on their laptop or phone.
In a similar vein, it annoys me when they do the same with clothes composition. "I think it's made with cotton", "feels cotton-y". There are so many fabrics these days and fabric blends. How hard is it to look at the label of the item you're describing and read out the composition for the viewers? 🙄

Reactions: 12
Haven't watched it yet but I'm guessing it's the same as her previous one where the concept was decent but she only tried like 3 things and framed it as how much time she's spent trying them out. It's so transparent.

In a similar vein, it annoys me when they do the same with clothes composition.
Oh my gosh, yes! Absolute pet peeve with certain influencers who clearly know absolutely nothing about clothes and refuse to learn. It's not just fabrics, it's patterns, it's clothing type, it's shape. If you want your job to be a fashion influencer, do a little bit of the work and learn about clothes!

• Heart
Why are influencers referring to 'being a bit tired' as 'burnout'. Burnout can be a really serious and debilitating thing for those experiencing it and there's a big difference between feeling tired/ questioning your life choices and being burnt out. As someone who has experience working in a career where we had training and warnings about the dangers of stress leading to emotional burnout, the importance of preventing this happening etc it really pisses me off seeing it used as a new influencer buzzword.

I won't even ask the obvious question of what she's tired from considering her content recently has been rearranging her wardrobe and trialing beauty products. Side note, she's using other activite ingredients alongside her Skin &, Me treatment again in the latest video so still not using it correctly.

Anyway, the joke's on me because 2 minutes in I discovered I've clicked on an AD because the disclosure was right at the end of a long video title 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Why are influencers referring to 'being a bit tired' as 'burnout'. Burnout can be a really serious and debilitating thing for those experiencing it and there's a big difference between feeling tired/ questioning your life choices and being burnt out. As someone who has experience working in a career where we had training and warnings about the dangers of stress leading to emotional burnout, the importance of preventing this happening etc it really pisses me off seeing it used as a new influencer buzzword.

I won't even ask the obvious question of what she's tired from considering her content recently has been rearranging her wardrobe and trialing beauty products. Side note, she's using other activite ingredients alongside her Skin &, Me treatment again in the latest video so still not using it correctly.

Anyway, the joke's on me because 2 minutes in I discovered I've clicked on an AD because the disclosure was right at the end of a long video title 😡

I really had to roll my eyes at her newest video. To sound harsh- at this point it's so obvious she's in the wrong job, not only for how bad she is at it but also for the apparent toll it takes on her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.