Lucy Mecklenburgh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The woman’s mad, he’s “refusing” naps too 🤣🤣🤣 like it’s a conscious decision at 9 weeks old 😂 more like he’s not following her set trajectory of some mythical robot baby she visualised, he’s just being a normal baby. She has a big learning curve ahead.
Babies refuse naps, doesn’t mean they don’t need them 🙄 FFS, is she really this dense?! I remember my daughter crying her little heart out because she was so tired and was “refusing” to nap, except she wasn’t refusing, she just wanted to be held rather than lay down on her own in a cot.

Reactions: 8
Babies refuse naps, doesn’t mean they don’t need them 🙄 FFS, is she really this dense?! I remember my daughter crying her little heart out because she was so tired and was “refusing” to nap, except she wasn’t refusing, she just wanted to be held rather than lay down on her own in a cot.
Yeah it’s not refusing a nap it’s not being too little to understand how to go to sleep or regulate tiredness, 9 weeks is still so young!!

Reactions: 1
She's on lockdown with no commitments or other children, I would just be following the baby's lead. Wait till he has a wonder week.

Reactions: 5
Made me laugh how when baby was only 5 weeks she said something about if he only he would sleep through the night or only wake once! As if! To be fair it does seem that all she does is moan about everything that goes with having a baby

Reactions: 4
There are so many celebs on Instagram that get #gifted advice from sleep experts - I really think it’s starting to portray a new ‘norm’ when it comes to sleeping and naps!

Reactions: 1
There are so many celebs on Instagram that get #gifted advice from sleep experts - I really think it’s starting to portray a new ‘norm’ when it comes to sleeping and naps!
Theres one sleep expert in particular who is always gifting herself to celebs, commenting on their posts etc to get noticed. I mean it’s kind of worked as she has a large following now with large waiting lists. I’ve seen her be called out before though as her waiting lists are months and months long and yet she suddenly has the time to help these celebs/influencers.

I can garauntee that Lucy will get the help of a sleep expert and it wouldn’t surprise me if this was quite soon. I really wish she would lower her expectations of life with a baby. It would do her - and the baby - the world of good!

Reactions: 6
We are in lockdown - there is no where for them to go. They don’t have older children so they have all the time in the world to spend with their babies. They’re comfortable financially and don’t have to worry about losing their jobs. They need to get a grip and enjoy this precious time. It’s starting to seem like her and Lydia only had the babies as accessories.

Reactions: 11
I think I know who you’re on about. My baby is a terrible sleeper but I think it’s developmental and it will come with time. I hate when these influencers promote sleep experts because when I am so tired it tempts me. I also think it’s irresponsible of influencers to try and portray newborn babies as ‘bad sleepers’ because a baby isn’t supposed to sleep. It gives followers a false impression and makes mums like me feel crap.

Reactions: 7
Lucy seems to have been really down this week on her stories, she hasn’t done as many as normal and she’s said a few times it’s been a tough week. Maybe lockdown is getting to her, who knows

Shouldn’t compare but hard not to when Lydia and Lucy were joined at the hip during their pregnancies... Lucy is a far more natural mother than Lydia. Lydia’s stupid sped up videos with the music is literally like watching a kid play with a doll

Reactions: 7
Shouldn’t compare but hard not to when Lydia and Lucy were joined at the hip during their pregnancies... Lucy is a far more natural mother than Lydia. Lydia’s stupid sped up videos with the music is literally like watching a kid play with a doll
I had to unfollow Lydia, can’t stick her but from the bits I’ve seen I agree Lucy looks a much more natural mother

Reactions: 6
Longtime lurker, just popping on to say I quite like Lucy and she seems to be taking quite well to motherhood - but I'm glad someone else mentioned the rocker on the work surface, it puts me quite on edge when anyone does it. I know he's only little, but you never know when they're going to start rolling!

Reactions: 2
Longtime lurker, just popping on to say I quite like Lucy and she seems to be taking quite well to motherhood - but I'm glad someone else mentioned the rocker on the work surface, it puts me quite on edge when anyone does it. I know he's only little, but you never know when they're going to start rolling!
Loads seems to do it, it’s all over Instagram! Agree, my nerves would be gone, regardless of whether the baby can roll etc it might be a case of someone knocking it off the table as well 🙈

Reactions: 3
I think I know who you’re on about. My baby is a terrible sleeper but I think it’s developmental and it will come with time. I hate when these influencers promote sleep experts because when I am so tired it tempts me. I also think it’s irresponsible of influencers to try and portray newborn babies as ‘bad sleepers’ because a baby isn’t supposed to sleep. It gives followers a false impression and makes mums like me feel crap.
It REALLY bugs me. Aside from the fact that babies should wake in the night for feeds for as they are rapidly growing and need the calories, it's a safety mechanism too. A baby that wakes frequently is at a lesser risk of SIDS than a baby who sleeps through at a week old. Breast feeding at night also establishes milk supply.

On the beg for baby clothes. Again!!
Oh Roman has grown out of all his clothes - recommendations for nice boy clothes?

How about google?
How about any of the places his 0-3 clothes were from?

bleeping cheapskate!

Reactions: 12
Just go to bloody Tesco for baby clothes like the majority of us. And get your child off high surfaces in his bouncer/carry cot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.