Lucy Mecklenburgh #2 Loads of ads and freebies galore but there’s no hiding Ryan’s a bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fed is best isnt necessarily helpful for all women, it totally diminishes the struggle lots of women (me included) face in trying to feed their baby how they want. Informed is best. Supported is best.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Fed is best isnt necessarily helpful for all women, it totally diminishes the struggle lots of women (me included) face in trying to feed their baby how they want. Informed is best. Supported is best.
I’m not saying you shouldn’t feed your baby how you want to feed them I’m saying no one should be judged for how they choose to feed their baby

Reactions: 7
Can’t remember any comments that might come across as rude or nasty towards her.

But, she complains about breastfeeding. Every opportunity she has she throws it in that she’s breastfeeding and it comes across that it’s a chore to her. So if you don’t like something so much then choose an alternative - she has options. Shes so self absorbed in her own situation she doesn’t think about the bigger picture - all mums on a long journey will have to stop and feed their baby but no she has to stop to ‘breastfeed’.

Reactions: 6
Controversial opinion maybe, but I don’t think it’s about what you want! It’s about what is best for baby and where fed is best comes in! I desperately wanted to BF, tried for ages/had all the support etc but it didn’t work out, my poor baby was starving & stressed so I had to give up for his sake! I think this is where some people are coming from on here, Lucy has moaned so much about BF at some points that it was suggested she could try other methods if it wasn’t working out for Roman.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Controversial opinion maybe, but I don’t think it’s about what you want! It’s about what is best for baby and where fed is best comes in! I desperately wanted to BF, tried for ages/had all the support etc but it didn’t work out, my poor baby was starving & stressed so I had to give up for his sake! I think this is where some people are coming from on here, Lucy has moaned so much about BF at some points that it was suggested she could try other methods if it wasn’t working out for Roman.
Yes to this 👆🏻 You have put it much better than I did ☺

Reactions: 2
Like I said she’s so boring. Breastfeeding is a personality trait to her. Just like there’s people who thinking smoking weed, drinking gin, losing a significant amount of weight, having anxiety, owning a dog etc is a personality trait.

Reactions: 3
I have had ‘fed is best’ thrown at me by more than one person in my life in relation to the challenges we had with BF. The whole 8 weeks was quite traumatic, and to have those efforts and the worry and anxiety dismissed with ‘well fed is best’ like anyone thinks not fed is best is just 🙄 breastfeeding grief is real.

Anyways let’s just leave it there?

The thing with Lucy is that she doesn’t come across as though she’s breastfeeding for Roman’s benefit but for her own - she wants the head pats. Why else would she say that she’s BREASTfeeding every.single.time she talks about his milk feeds. Like I said the other day, there’s normalising breastfeeding and then there’s constantly throwing it in everyone’s faces.

Reactions: 9
I have had ‘fed is best’ thrown at me by more than one person in my life in relation to the challenges we had with BF. The whole 8 weeks was quite traumatic, and to have those efforts and the worry and anxiety dismissed with ‘well fed is best’ like anyone thinks not fed is best is just 🙄 breastfeeding grief is real.

Anyways let’s just leave it there?
I don’t really get the fed is best thing, it’s a bare minimum for survival. You don’t eat the same boring thing everyday cause it’s best just to eat. Informed is best, you feed your child however you want and well done for raising a child. It’s hard some of the time and we don’t have companies gifting us tit so we can show off that it’s the most aaaamayzing thing ever

Reactions: 5
How are they getting away with having the whole family for dinner at the Spinn? Seriously pisses me off. They're in a very high tier 3 area and share pics and videos of Lucy, Ryan, scarlet and Caroline at the same table eating. Caroline with roman and even a video where you can clearly see 7 people (1 a child) all round the same table. Honestly amazes me.. Not that they do it cos they probably did it all through the first lockdown but why post videos that blatantly break the rules?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
The thing with Lucy is that she doesn’t come across as though she’s breastfeeding for Roman’s benefit but for her own - she wants the head pats. Why else would she say that she’s BREASTfeeding every.single.time she talks about his milk feeds. Like I said the other day, there’s normalising breastfeeding and then there’s constantly throwing it in everyone’s faces.
This is it! And constantly bringing it up as if the people who follow her wouldn’t already know?! We get it, you breastfeed, good for you! Wait til your son is 16 and his friends can find pictures of him on the internet eating!!
I have friends who have breastfed and they have just got on with, not shouted about it all the time, and they have respected other women’s different choices from their own. They didn’t shove it in people’s faces, or make anyone feel guilty for not breastfeedIng. Both have had to pump at work in cupboards because despite what Lucy thinks,breastfeeding mums have to go out to work!’

This is it! And constantly bringing it up as if the people who follow her wouldn’t already know?! We get it, you breastfeed, good for you! Wait til your son is 16 and his friends can find pictures of him on the internet eating!!
I have friends who have breastfed and they have just got on with, not shouted about it all the time, and they have respected other women’s different choices from their own. They didn’t shove it in people’s faces, or make anyone feel guilty for not breastfeedIng. Both have had to pump at work in cupboards because despite what Lucy thinks,breastfeeding mums have to go out to work!’
The way that she talks about not being able to work properly at the moment because she breastfeeds really annoys me. Not everyone has the privilege of being able to pick and choose their working hours around when their children need to feed, and yet she makes out like she’s ‘one of us’. I breastfed both of my children and had to go back to work after 4 months on both occasions in order to afford our rent. I continued to feed and express but it was really hard going and I’m sure that bottle feeding mums have their own struggles too. Lucy just has absolutely no idea. She’s as far from relatable as she could be.

• Heart
How are they getting away with having the whole family for dinner at the Spinn? Seriously pisses me off. They're in a very high tier 3 area and share pics and videos of Lucy, Ryan, scarlet and Caroline at the same table eating. Caroline with roman and even a video where you can clearly see 7 people (1 a child) all round the same table. Honestly amazes me.. Not that they do it cos they probably did it all through the first lockdown but why post videos that blatantly break the rules?
Totally agree, these z listers must not think the rules apply to them! Scott was on the next table with people too so all clearly out together.
We’re never going to get out of the current situation if knobheads keep doing what they want 🙄

The way that she talks about not being able to work properly at the moment because she breastfeeds really annoys me. Not everyone has the privilege of being able to pick and choose their working hours around when their children need to feed, and yet she makes out like she’s ‘one of us’. I breastfed both of my children and had to go back to work after 4 months on both occasions in order to afford our rent. I continued to feed and express but it was really hard going and I’m sure that bottle feeding mums have their own struggles too. Lucy just has absolutely no idea. She’s as far from relatable as she could be.
Yeah exactly - most normal people do what they have to do because they need to to get by! We don’t all have the luxury of being able to do what we want when we want. She thinks she is Ms Relatable Mum but as you say she is so far from it!

Reactions: 1
Does Lucy actually think before she posts her ADs on Instagram stories? I mean the whole of England is going in to another lockdown, shops are closing and ALOT of people are being put on furlough again and lets not forget people are struggling even more this year with Christmas presents... but Lucy finds this AD acceptable 😂😂 isn't she meant to be relatable? I mean people are struggling to eat they don't wanna know where they can by expensive furniture 😂😂😂😂 Lucy hun unlike you we actually have to pay for the furniture we can't just ask for it for free 😂😂😂

Attachments

• Haha
Does Lucy actually think before she posts her ADs on Instagram stories? I mean the whole of England is going in to another lockdown, shops are closing and ALOT of people are being put on furlough again and lets not forget people are struggling even more this year with Christmas presents... but Lucy finds this AD acceptable 😂😂 isn't she meant to be relatable? I mean people are struggling to eat they don't wanna know where they can by expensive furniture 😂😂😂😂 Lucy hun unlike you we actually have to pay for the furniture we can't just ask for it for free 😂😂😂
Last week the country was campaigning for children to be able to eat during half term, this week Lucy’s campaigning for people to buy overpriced furniture. She lives in a world of her own.

• Haha
All her ads are awful. She advertised a big box full of fruit & veg the other day - people are struggling to feed their kids. This morning she started talking about how she woke up sad because of the upcoming lockdown, it led into an ad about RWL. Now she's advertising overpriced furniture 😂 read the room hun

• Haha
She just isn’t smart enough to get it! I thought the bit about lockdown being a lead in for an ad for RWL was particularly tasteless.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.