Lucy Letby Case #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reporting has never been great by anyone on Twitter apart from Judith Moritz. I think they are mainly there to write up an end of day article for BBC and not to live report.
Judith was great and seemed to include a lot of info. It's just such a dramatic difference that I wondered if it was directed from higher up rather than the capabilities of the reporter. Maybe just a blip today.

That's definitely a good point. Plus, I wonder if the working environment was toxic to the point that staff would actively avoid fulfilling their full duties due to backlash from others. Definitely something to consider.
The working environment is noted as sounding very positive in that report (canā€™t remember what itā€™s name is!) before and even after all this had happened to be fair. A few bits and bobs but on the whole good.

Reactions: 4
That's a fair comment. I've never thought of it like that. Going along the lines of, 'it would make me look incompetent' and 'I'll wait until someone else mentions it'. Especially if, the doctors are juniors or don't have much experience with neonatal deaths.
I just donā€™t see that being the case.
Even if you hadnā€™t seen it before why wouldnā€™t you mention it? It would be a learning experience.
Just describing your observations does not mean you are implying a cause.

Reactions: 4
*sits stroking a picture of Dave Jagger, while plotting a gofundme campaign, to cover his expenses and lost wages for 6 months

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The working environment is noted as sounding very positive in that report (canā€™t remember what itā€™s name is!) before and even after all this had happened to be fair. A few bits and bobs but on the whole good.
Is that the RCHP (or similar letters I can't remember) report? Do you happen to know where it's linked?

Yikes what a time to have no proper live reporting!
I think weā€™ll hear this more and more of this narrative as time goes on šŸ˜“ I feel so sorry for them all and for the parents hearing this, that it could have been stopped. It must be awful for them to live with. Heads at the top will absolutely roll after this if theyā€™ve not already!

Is that the RCHP (or similar letters I can't remember) report? Do you happen to know where it's linked?
Oh gosh so many acronyms arenā€™t thereā€¦ I think it is that one, sounds familiar! I donā€™t know if itā€™s in the wiki yet. Sorry not very helpful. It was linked a fair while back.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
This is just shocking. Imagine being one of those parents or families hearing this. It reflects a culture of senior management within the nhs sweeping concerns under the carpet and not wanting to listen to them. All the guidance says professionals should raise and act on concerns but in practice itā€™s very difficult to get anyone willing to listen.

• Sad
I think weā€™ll hear this more and more of this narrative as time goes on šŸ˜“ I feel so sorry for them all and for the parents hearing this, that it could have been stopped. It must be awful for them to live with. Heads at the top will absolutely roll after this if theyā€™ve not already!

Oh gosh so many acronyms arenā€™t thereā€¦ I think it is that one, sounds familiar! I donā€™t know if itā€™s in the wiki yet. Sorry not very helpful. It was linked a fair while back.
No worries I'll try have a nosy for it, would be good to read about the working environment. Thanks :)

Reactions: 1

I wouldnā€™t have liked to be in his position. Heads will roll, and the buck stops at the top.
Didnā€™t the CEO, or whatever he/she is called, already resign?

Reactions: 7
Sadly not surprising, I expect the vast majority of us have worked in the nhs can well imagine that to be the case.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Sadly not surprising, I expect the vast majority of us have worked in the nhs can well imagine that to be the case.
Iā€™ve had it happen to me before, albeit on a much smaller scale (nobody was killing anybody).

• Sad
This is just shocking. Imagine being one of those parents or families hearing this. It reflects a culture of senior management within the nhs sweeping concerns under the carpet and not wanting to listen to them. All the guidance says professionals should raise and act on concerns but in practice itā€™s very difficult to get anyone willing to listen.

That's heartbreaking :(

Reactions: 7
Iā€™ve had it happen to me before, albeit on a much smaller scale (nobody was killing anybody).
Iā€™ve had it happen to me too. I ended up reporting to regulatory bodies because the trust didnā€™t take my complaints seriously. The backlash after is horrible too. I felt like my manager treated me differently from then - even though the report I was making wasnā€™t about her or even someone on her team. It feeds a bigger problem then that people will become reluctant to raise concerns

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.