Lucy Letby Case #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not being arsey honestly but just to ask. Why is the alleged guilt admission in the note so hard to ignore but not the protests of innocence?
I don’t think the note is reliable of anything, but I can see how one might think:

If she’s innocent then she would say she’s innocent and if she’s guilty she’s say she’s innocent.

It’s harder leap to make to go:
If she’s innocent then she’d say she’s guilty and if she’s guilty she’s say she’s guilty.

Apologies if this has already been covered!

Edit:
Oh, yep. It had!

Reactions: 11
I'm off out on work visits soon. Don't talk too much or I'll never catch up 🤣. The threads move so fast

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ted Bundy was a Sagittarius too!
Back on to the astrology side of the case. If she's a Capricorn they are born leaders and like to manage things and like graft.

*Not actually judging the case by star signs before anyone starts lol*

• Haha
Reactions: 9

This is obviously biased but explains some of the doubts about Norris’s conviction. I thought this might help illustrate where some of the “scapegoat” theories are coming from - basically Norris is saying nobody murdered four of the five. There’s also a similarity with the Letby case when you see how long it took for Norris to come to trial. I’m making no inference from that.
That's a really interesting read, thank you.

Reactions: 2
Back on to the astrology side of the case. If she's a Capricorn they are born leaders and like to manage things and like graft.

*Not actually judging the case by star signs before anyone starts lol*
All we need now is a mystic Meg to join … 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't think the note proves either guilt or innocence. It's not helpful either way and I'm not really sure of the relevance of it being brought up by the prosecution in the first place. It can be read so many different ways and people write all sorts of things that aren't true. I feel like it's just something pretty irrelevant that the media jumped on in my opinion. Makes a good headline I suppose 🙄
I wonder if any journos could answer this, but from the media coverage it seems like they’ve been briefed that this is going to be a really historic case and one of the most prolific killers of our time. And it’s going to be doubly important because it’s going to turn everything we think we know about people who serial kill on it’s head and lead to many more safeguards in place to make sure that something like this doesn’t happened again.

Reactions: 5
All we need now is a mystic Meg to join … 😂
Yeah could you imagine it.

'Mystic Meg gives us her predictions for week 10 of the Lucy Letby trial'

'I'm seeing anger, bereavement and allegations'

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Apologies - appears it aired on TV on 9th of June, so actually the day after Child A died, but that video was posted on BBC website a week before on 2nd of June.

In any case, I do wonder if this show - which shows working with neonates to be a fast-paced job - ties in with what the prosecution said about her texting a workmate about not wanting to just feed babies: "The prosecution say it seemed that she was not happy with working conditions and she referred to the difficulties of looking after the babies who just needed feeding support" (Chester Standard live update re: Child J). I wonder if she wanted the excitement of these life or death moments?

So she would have watched the trailer on 2 June, that show how gas in bowels kills babies.

Then 9 June Baby B collapses 16 minutes after she feeds him/does blood gases.

9 June baby B findings:

After efforts to resuscitate Child B, Child B "recovered very quickly".

A doctor subsequently found "loops of gas filled bowel".

Yet when she discussed the show with her colleague after baby B's collapse, she didn't talk about similarities with the show and baby A and B but
Letby responded: "I just find it interesting, to see how our work is portrayed to the public."

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I do find this really suspicious. It looks like deflection to me.

On June 30, following the deaths of Child A, C and D, and the non-fatal collapse of Child B, Letby's colleague messaged her there was something 'odd' about that night.

Letby replies: 'What do you mean? Odd that we lost three and in different cicrumstances?'

Letby's colleague responds: "I don't know, were they that different?"

The colleague added: "Ignore me, I'm speculating."

This struck me as really really strange. Her messages are what has swung me today from thinking possibly innocent to firmly guilty.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Yeah this one took a dislike to me. I'll get piled on if I say what I did to get her to leave me alone but put it this way I bet she didn't try to pull the stunts she tried on me again.
You know I really want to know :D:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The live feed has just updated with this clarification:

A small clarification for the 11.50am entry - the messages between Letby and her colleague, written on June 30, initially talk about 'that night' as the night Child A collapsed. The conversation then moved on to the wider topic of Child A, Child C and Child D having collapsed and died in the same month (June).

I thought it important to share as the 11:50am update was the one a lot us have been focusing on.

11:50am

The court has also been shown a series of messages sent between Letby and nursing colleagues in relation to the death of Child A and the non-fatal collapse of Child B.
On June 30, following the deaths of Child A, C and D, and the non-fatal collapse of Child B, Letby's colleague messaged her there was something 'odd' about that night.
Letby replies: 'What do you mean? Odd that we lost three and in different cicrumstances?'
Letby's colleague responds: "I don't know, were they that different?"
The collague added: "Ignore me, I'm speculating."

Reactions: 4
Yesterday I thought her text messages sounded normal and nothing stood out to me but they have me questioning her today.

Her colleague was speculating when three babies had died and they wouldn’t have been the only one, chat must have been rife. She dropped herself in it when she said they all died in different way in my opinion.

Reactions: 15
Hiya, I’ve read every message on all the threads so far but haven’t commented yet as it all moves so fast for me to keep up in conversation when I’ve got my 3 littles. But it’s so interested to read everyone’s opinions/explanations/view points and has really helped me think about my view point.
anyway just to ‘lighten’ to mood for a minute (which apologises If you don’t feel it appropriate just thought in cases like this a little bit of light hearted humour helps to not make me feel too down about the heartbreaking case), I saw this on twitter and really made me chuckle
4F3778C0-DD17-46F6-B311-C0009CC213B7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Yesterday I thought her text messages sounded normal and nothing stood out to me but they have me questioning her today.

Her colleague was speculating when three babies had died and they wouldn’t have been the only one, chat must have been rife. She dropped herself in it when she said they all died in different way in my opinion.
This defo caught my attention tbh, I prefer to focus on harder evidence and obviously there could be further context to this which maybe the defence will bring up, but in isolation that text sounds really sus ngl

Reactions: 10
I think separately maybe things can be explained/reasoned ( like people have admitted on here to Facebook stalking, said it’s not unusual to take notes home etc ) but all together it is going to start painting a really sinister picture.

I don’t believe the prosecution are done yet. There’s more to come.

Reactions: 19
This defo caught my attention tbh, I prefer to focus on harder evidence and obviously there could be further context to this which maybe the defence will bring up, but in isolation that text sounds really sus ngl
It says the prosecution will go over her texts later in the trial so I’m sure they will be questioning those words in detail.

Reactions: 8
The things that hold me back from jumping off the fence;

- the fact it took many attempts at arresting her and meeting the 'threshold' for charging her. This leads me to think that some of the evidence submitted has fit the hypothesis/brief.
- did any other nurse on that shift search the parents on the internet or Facebook?
- did any other nurse send parents a sympathy card/sign it.
- what percentage of hours was LL present over her standard working contract?
- what was the grievance procedure that LL was going through at the time? Did she initiate it or did the hospital?
- what were the circumstances around the note - was it during a phone call I wonder?
- what other activity was logged on her phone/laptop.
- why wasn't the baby who died via suspected insulin poisoning investigated thoroughly?

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.