Lucy Letby Case #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s the prosecutions job to do this but everything they are saying just points to guilty for me. Before the trial I thought it was all so strange and that no one could possibly murder so many little new born babies. But then maybe I’ll change my mind when the defence have their say.

Reactions: 8
Haven’t caught up on the thread yet and just catching up on the transcripts on my lunch break! But to me this is all so f*cking suss today! Particularly this part

On June 30, following the deaths of Child A, C and D, and the non-fatal collapse of Child B, Letby's colleague messaged her there was something 'odd' about that night.

Letby replies: 'What do you mean? Odd that we lost three and in different cicrumstances?'

Letby's colleague responds: "I don't know, were they that different?"

The collague added: "Ignore me, I'm speculating."

And

Letby later messaged another colleague, who had been off work after looking after Child A, to say: "Hi [nurse] - you may have heard by now but wanted to let you know that we lost little [Child A] on Monday. Knew you looked after him."

The colleague responded: "I didn't know actually, thanks for letting me know. That's terrible!"

Letby: "It was awful...he died very suddenly and unexpectedly just after handover. Not sure why. It's gone to the coroner."

The colleague: "Oh god, he was doing really well when I left."

Not to mention the Facebook searches

I’ll elaborate later but the messages stink to me
Of her trying to cover her arse say the right things and get an idea of what her team are thinking about her and the deaths. Like she is worrying!

Speculating of course, but it's all of the above for me which just raises my suspicions. I am not a nurse, but myself and my colleagues never message each other bad news about children we work with when not in work as its stressful and you need your days away to reset and relax. To me, it's like she's enjoying the attention. She's messaging colleagues about it, being the one to 'break' the news but then also checking in on Facebook to see how the parents are managing? Was the mums Facebook open? I presume it was which was why she kept checking for updates.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
We saw her 21st birthday message posted in the press (and copies onto this site) dated from December 2010, which means she was born in December 1989. So throughout most of 2015 she would have been 25.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The only thing I think about this, is that she would have only been about 23/24 at this point and some younger girls can be a bit dramatic and needing attention at that age still. Not saying all girls do and I'm aware it is a bit of a generalisation, but she was still young.
Yes I think quite immature and also lonely. She's obviously very intense about her job and isn't able to take her mind off it with eg partner, friends, hobbies

Reactions: 7
She does seem obsessed with her job I mean she goes work she comes home she texts work friends .

the Programme she watched is wierd more the fact she watched it before baby A

i do wonder do they more evidence on things she watched or looked up on Google .

Reactions: 6
We saw her 21st birthday message posted in the press (and copies onto this site) dated from December 2010, which means she was born in December 1989. So throughout most of 2015 she would have been 25.
Trivial but that means she's either a Sagittarius or a Capricorn. If she's a Sag, I may be swayed on my opinion. (Jokes)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The only thing I think about this, is that she would have only been about 23/24 at this point and some younger girls can be a bit dramatic and needing attention at that age still. Not saying all girls do and I'm aware it is a bit of a generalisation, but she was still young.
They definitely are and fixate on clients I work in social services and my younger colleagues seem obsessed with work and their cases and can get quite boring about it . They also text a lot outside of work . Especially I would say colleagues who are from quite sheltered middle class backgrounds don’t know if it’s because our area of work is so alien to them in terms of the clients and the lives they live but I can definitely relate to younger staff seeming much more fixated on work .

Reactions: 10
This is the most damning thing for me.

Letby says: "Don't mind being in [nursery room] 1 but don't want to have [Child B]."

The colleague offers to look after Child B, with Letby also present in the room. Letby agrees and says: "I think it'd be good for you."

She added, in another message: "...I can't look after [Child B] because I just don't know how to feel seeing parents..

YET she did baby B's blood gases and feed as soon as she started her shift! And took his handover note home despite not being the designated nurse. And his designated nurse being in the room with her.

WHY?
Cause she was trying to frame someone else!! Set them up to be the fall guy if incompetence was found as cause of death. Okay, I think she's evil now. So bloody sly.

Reactions: 15
I think LL had little going on in her personal life hence the obsession with texting , picking up shifts. The job was her life , the text about saying I'm never picking up your shift haha. I know it's very sad and macabe but I have picked up a shift then it's been terrible and we have a death. You kind of become more hardened to traumatic events you have too, to be able to do the job. You can develop a dark sense of humour as a coping mechanism. Same with Adam Kay calling OBS and gynae brats & twats.

Reactions: 22
I agree, I do think she is peculiar/weird/odd.
It’s not that weird to be fair when you work in the that field , there is a lot of research I’ve come across when I’ve done projects showing that nurses do use humour as a coping mechanism
Last week our shift all got off 2 hours late and had a death too and you may disagree but it’s how some cope with it to relieve their stress
Hence the phrase if I didn’t laugh I would cry

• Heart
Reactions: 21
They definitely are and fixate on clients I work in social services and my younger colleagues seem obsessed with work and their cases and can get quite boring about it . They also text a lot outside of work . Especially I would say colleagues who are from quite sheltered middle class backgrounds don’t know if it’s because our area of work is so alien to them in terms of the clients and the lives they live but I can definitely relate to younger staff seeming much more fixated on work .
I remember yrs ago a neighbour made a malicious report to social services about me. The SW who came out was 21. Found her on twitter bitching about 'difficult clients' aka me. The cheek.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I think LL had little going on in her personal life hence the obsession with texting , picking up shifts. The job was her life , the text about saying I'm never picking up your shift haha. I know it's very sad and macabe but I have picked up a shift then it's been terrible and we have a death. You kind of become more hardened to traumatic events you have too, to be able to do the job. You can develop a dark sense of humour as a coping mechanism. Same with Adam Kay calling OBS and gynae brats & twats.
Yeah, we've got quite a dark sense of humour in social work too. It's a way of detaching emotionally I think

Reactions: 14
It’s not that weird to be fair when you work in the that field , there is a lot of research I’ve come across when I’ve done projects showing that nurses do use humour as a coping mechanism
Last week our shift all got off 2 hours late and had a death too and you may disagree but it’s how some cope with it to relieve their stress
Hence the phrase if I didn’t laugh I would cry
Some of the jokes I've heard would not be acceptable to the general public they call it gallows humour. It's definitely a coping mechanism an unhealthy one sometimes.

Reactions: 17
"It's the last time I do you a favour changing shifts! Haha"

Hours after Child A died.

But apparently very traumatised.

Just very weird.
All these messages she's sending... they all read as her trying to deflect blame and control the narrative from the very beginning. Nevermind the post it. These are so damning in my eyes.

Reactions: 18
I remember yrs ago a neighbour made a malicious report to social services about me. The SW who came out was 21. Found her on twitter bitching about 'difficult clients' aka me. The cheek.
I definitely feel no one should be allowed to work in social services until they have hit at least 25 . That’s a debate for another day but the majority of my colleagues have zero life experience and and incredibly judgemental of their clients without realising that life can take you all over the place . They are also incredibly zealous if they take a dislike to someone but good at covering it up .

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It seems to me LL was obsessed with her job , I really need to know about her shift patterns how much overtime did she pick up? This would really skew their statistics. If I was on the jury right now I could not condemn her to life in prison based on the evidence so far.
I'm willing to have an open mind, I do think she's guilty so I am biased. But if guilty, she seems she put that uniform on and enjoyed the power and how people perceived her. I think she's a Psychopath in a uniform. Smart, cunning, manipulative and obsessed. She enjoys being having the power of life over death and over people's emotions and I think she revelled in the pain she caused and the after effects. Maybe at times when she thought she would 'lose it all' ie never see her family again, never have a normal life she panicked. Not once did she seem to have sorrow over those young little lives that were lost, the note seemed to just be upset over herself and her situation. Which yeh,i know is understandable. But so far I'm not buying her being innocent as much as I would like to be convinced.

Reactions: 22
It’s the ‘on purpose’ but for me. If she thought she wasn’t good enough wouldn’t she just write ‘I killed them im not good enough to care for them’? Who knows.
I suppose my point about the post it is that it is too open to interpretation to be considered a solid piece of evidence for the prosecution. I do believe she admitted guilt on that note but I also think the note was left to help her with her defence too.

Reactions: 4
All these messages she's sending... they all read as her trying to deflect blame and control the narrative from the very beginning. Nevermind the post it. These are so damning in my eyes.
I also personally think there is absolutely a theme of what looks like an unnatural and deliberate attempt do just that. I think in these kind of cases, the subtlety of the wording and responses can be so telling when taken as part of the broader picture of course. Not alone x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I definitely feel no one should be allowed to work in social services until they have hit at least 25 . That’s a debate for another day but the majority of my colleagues have zero life experience and and incredibly judgemental of their clients without realising that life can take you all over the place . They are also incredibly zealous if they take a dislike to someone but good at covering it up .
Yeah this one took a dislike to me. I'll get piled on if I say what I did to get her to leave me alone but put it this way I bet she didn't try to pull the stunts she tried on me again.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.