Lucy Letby Case #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They definitely are and fixate on clients I work in social services and my younger colleagues seem obsessed with work and their cases and can get quite boring about it . They also text a lot outside of work . Especially I would say colleagues who are from quite sheltered middle class backgrounds don’t know if it’s because our area of work is so alien to them in terms of the clients and the lives they live but I can definitely relate to younger staff seeming much more fixated on work .
Absolutely, and I think as you get older and more experienced you become desensitised, learn how to let things go and not take your work home, because it's not a sustainable way of working.
In relation to the dark humour, I can relate yo that, I've absolutely make jokes about similar things and it's just a way of coping.

Reactions: 12
Haven’t caught up on the thread yet and just catching up on the transcripts on my lunch break! But to me this is all so f*cking suss today! Particularly this part

On June 30, following the deaths of Child A, C and D, and the non-fatal collapse of Child B, Letby's colleague messaged her there was something 'odd' about that night.

Letby replies: 'What do you mean? Odd that we lost three and in different cicrumstances?'

Letby's colleague responds: "I don't know, were they that different?"

The collague added: "Ignore me, I'm speculating."

And

Letby later messaged another colleague, who had been off work after looking after Child A, to say: "Hi [nurse] - you may have heard by now but wanted to let you know that we lost little [Child A] on Monday. Knew you looked after him."

The colleague responded: "I didn't know actually, thanks for letting me know. That's terrible!"

Letby: "It was awful...he died very suddenly and unexpectedly just after handover. Not sure why. It's gone to the coroner."

The colleague: "Oh god, he was doing really well when I left."

Not to mention the Facebook searches

I’ll elaborate later but the messages stink to me
Of her trying to cover her arse say the right things and get an idea of what her team are thinking about her and the deaths. Like she is worrying!
I agree. It’s like she’s fishing or almost again loving the morbid chat. I work with animals. Sometimes we have sick ones we get quite attached to and my colleagues and I will update each other on our days off but reading my messages back when someone has mentioned an animal has passed we usually just reply with “ oh no!” Or “ heart breaking “ and a sad emoji because there’s no need to embellish. We all know how much we love these animals and I’ve never noticed this before but thinking about it now I’m usually then sad and don’t want to continue the conversation, especially on my day off. Maybe I’m over thinking, just my thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I remember yrs ago a neighbour made a malicious report to social services about me. The SW who came out was 21. Found her on twitter bitching about 'difficult clients' aka me. The cheek.
I'm an adults social worker and as controversial as it is, my personal feeling is that there should be a minimum age limit for the profession to allow people to develop better life skills personally. Coming straight out of uni at 21 and having to deal with people going through the worst or darkest period of their life is hard enough, but it can be a huge barrier if the worker is young and can come across as patronising. Having more mature workers brings some good experience and perhaps a bit more common sense instead of just relying on the theory learnt at uni. Theory has its place obviously, but things in practice are always different (something I'm sure health professionals will attest to as well)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm willing to have an open mind, I do think she's guilty so I am biased. But if guilty, she seems she put that uniform on and enjoyed the power and how people perceived her. I think she's a Psychopath in a uniform. Smart, cunning, manipulative and obsessed. She enjoys being having the power of life over death and over people's emotions and I think she revelled in the pain she caused and the after effects. Maybe at times when she thought she would 'lose it all' ie never see her family again, never have a normal life she panicked. Not once did she seem to have sorrow over those young little lives that were lost, the note seemed to just be upset over herself and her situation. Which yeh,i know is understandable. But so far I'm not buying her being innocent as much as I would like to be convinced.
I'm don't think she's completely innocent I'm basing this on the evidence used to convict. I'm sure many HCPs have taken a handover sheet home , told a dark joke and searched up patients on FB (they shouldn't and I haven't done this ) I couldn't convict her to a life inside prison on the evidence so far as thats what the sentence will be.

Reactions: 9
I agree. It’s like she’s fishing or almost again loving the morbid chat. I work with animals. Sometimes we have sick ones we get quite attached to and my colleagues and I will update each other on our days off but reading my messages back when someone has mentioned an animal has passed we usually just reply with “ oh no!” Or “ heart breaking “ and a sad emoji because there’s no need to embellish. We all know how much we love these animals and I’ve never noticed this before but thinking about it now I’m usually then sad and don’t want to continue the conversation. Maybe I’m over thinking, just my thoughts.
I think nursing is different, I've never worked in NICU but when someone has messaged me letting me know somethings happened, my first thought is 'oh that's awful' and my second is usually 'tit, i hope nobody is blamed for this, who was on shift? Who had last contact? is my work going to be pulled apart? is my paperwork air tight?' Because I've worked in some blame heavy teams. So it may be natural to ask more questions.

Reactions: 20
I also personally think there is absolutely a theme of what looks like an unnatural and deliberate attempt do just that. I think in these kind of cases, the subtlety of the wording and responses can be so telling when taken as part of the broader picture of course. Not alone x
They have genuinely upset me. I mean I thought she was guilty anyway (no getting away from those odds and the deaths following her from night to day shift) but to see the cold and calculated attempt to control the narrative from the very beginning with her colleagues is sickening.
I honestly feel ill. It's one thing to think it, another to have it confirmed.

• Sad
I think nursing is different, I've never worked in NICU but when someone has messaged me letting me know somethings happened, my first thought is 'oh that's awful' and my second is usually 'tit, i hope nobody is blamed for this, who was on shift? Who had last contact? is my work going to be pulled apart? is my paperwork air tight?' Because I've worked in some blame heavy teams. So it may be natural to ask more questions.
Wow that must be so stressful!
Yes I guess nowadays you are literally always trying to cover yourself to protect yourself. I certainly couldn’t do it as a job.

Reactions: 3
My gosh that is actually creepy . So she said she watches that programs and it says that about air

even her work friend said she doesn’t watch that stuff she sees enough at work ..
Apologies - appears it aired on TV on 9th of June, so actually the day after Child A died, but that video was posted on BBC website a week before on 2nd of June.

In any case, I do wonder if this show - which shows working with neonates to be a fast-paced job - ties in with what the prosecution said about her texting a workmate about not wanting to just feed babies: "The prosecution say it seemed that she was not happy with working conditions and she referred to the difficulties of looking after the babies who just needed feeding support" (Chester Standard live update re: Child J). I wonder if she wanted the excitement of these life or death moments?

I agree with the dark humour to an extent, I’ve worked in a capacity where it happens however I’ve also not dealt with death. I also think, stand alone, like some of the other evidence can be explained away despite not looking great. However, when you have it all together that’s where I find it hard to continue to “excuse away” 😖

ETA - I meant that I have lines where the “dark humour” would be acceptable & im not sure I would joke when it involved the death of a baby personally

Reactions: 7
Dark humour is very common in a lot of professions. That's not the weird thing tbf.

But people wondered about motive - and sometimes people who are completely consumed by their work, need work to be exciting and thrilling to give them a high. Because they aren't getting it elsewhere. Except in her job, thrilling and exciting means death or near death.

She had stated in later messages that she was bored from having to do things just regular feeds - it seems to fit that she would need her cases to be drama filled (resuscitations, near collapses, deaths) to feel alive.

It's like a police officer who needs the high of an arrest, starting to arrest people on made up offences just to get that high.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Screenshot_20221018-124656_Chrome.jpg

Hang on a minute? What do they mean by activity? Because to me how can we KNOW Lucy has done these crimes but here it's suggesting sometimes it's not known who was doing what and when??

Reactions: 10
Or born December 1989 - June 2015 time of the first alleged murder she was nearer aged 26. I saw on here that someone said by age 25 your personality has settled? I don't know for sure.

Also the posed photos holding a baby & babygrow, we've already established she would probably look different now as at least one, or both, of the photos are from over 10 years ago, taken from the hospital's magazine of early 2012.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Absolutely, and I think as you get older and more experienced you become desensitised, learn how to let things go and not take your work home, because it's not a sustainable way of working.
In relation to the dark humour, I can relate yo that, I've absolutely make jokes about similar things and it's just a way of coping.
Yeah as you get older you mostly have your own tit to deal with so I think most of the time you do what you can at work but don’t really think too much about it once you leave

Reactions: 7
They have genuinely upset me. I mean I thought she was guilty anyway (no getting away from those odds and the deaths following her from night to day shift) but to see the cold and calculated attempt to control the narrative from the very beginning with her colleagues is sickening.
I honestly feel ill. It's one thing to think it, another to have it confirmed.
The way she said she knew her colleague had looked after the baby, everything reeks of her trying to blame others not the reverse. She makes my skin crawl. I'm 99.9% convinced she did this and there's alot more to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Apologies - appears it aired on TV on 9th of June, so actually the day after Child A died, but that video was posted on BBC website a week before on 2nd of June.

In any case, I do wonder if this show - which shows working with neonates to be a fast-paced job - ties in with what the prosecution said about her texting a workmate about not wanting to just feed babies: "The prosecution say it seemed that she was not happy with working conditions and she referred to the difficulties of looking after the babies who just needed feeding support" (Chester Standard live update re: Child J). I wonder if she wanted the excitement of these life or death moments?
Possibly, or maybe she found it hard that they were so stretched with staffing yet some babies were only getting feeds which took up precious time and resources, meaning less for the babies who were more unwell?

I remember yrs ago a neighbour made a malicious report to social services about me. The SW who came out was 21. Found her on twitter bitching about 'difficult clients' aka me. The cheek.
That’s awful! Made me smile (not the fact she reported you obv) but the fact that I can even tell on here that you’re not the kinda person to lay down and have your belly tickled. You speak facts and you can hold yourself really well. Sorry Lucy I will defo get out your arse now 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
That’s awful! Made me smile (not the fact she reported you obv) but the fact that I can even tell on here that you’re not the kinda person to lay down and have your belly tickled. You speak facts and you can hold yourself really well. Sorry Lucy I will defo get out your arse now 😂😂😂
That's so nice don't apologise, keep it coming! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The way she said she knew her colleague had looked after the baby, everything reeks of her trying to blame others not the reverse. She makes my skin crawl. I'm 99.9% convinced she did this and there's alot more to come.

Im really trying to be objective and keep an open mind but she makes my skin crawl too I dont think shes innocent.

Reactions: 8
The Chester Standard live updates are excellent but is anyone else finding it really hard to read the latest updates due to the adverts? It's so annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think LL had little going on in her personal life hence the obsession with texting , picking up shifts. The job was her life , the text about saying I'm never picking up your shift haha. I know it's very sad and macabe but I have picked up a shift then it's been terrible and we have a death. You kind of become more hardened to traumatic events you have too, to be able to do the job. You can develop a dark sense of humour as a coping mechanism. Same with Adam Kay calling OBS and gynae brats & twats.
I could understand but she does nothing but look for attention
View attachment 1659281

Hang on a minute? What do they mean by activity? Because to me how can we KNOW Lucy has done these crimes but here it's suggesting sometimes it's not known who was doing what and when??
they obviously have evidence for that . They mean if known maybe dr don’t always sign things . Nine out of ten times on wards I worked in everybody kept up to date with notes .

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.