Lucy Letby Case #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t caught up on the thread yet and just catching up on the transcripts on my lunch break! But to me this is all so f*cking suss today! Particularly this part

On June 30, following the deaths of Child A, C and D, and the non-fatal collapse of Child B, Letby's colleague messaged her there was something 'odd' about that night.

Letby replies: 'What do you mean? Odd that we lost three and in different cicrumstances?'

Letby's colleague responds: "I don't know, were they that different?"

The collague added: "Ignore me, I'm speculating."

And

Letby later messaged another colleague, who had been off work after looking after Child A, to say: "Hi [nurse] - you may have heard by now but wanted to let you know that we lost little [Child A] on Monday. Knew you looked after him."

The colleague responded: "I didn't know actually, thanks for letting me know. That's terrible!"

Letby: "It was awful...he died very suddenly and unexpectedly just after handover. Not sure why. It's gone to the coroner."

The colleague: "Oh god, he was doing really well when I left."

Not to mention the Facebook searches

I’ll elaborate later but the messages stink to me
Of her trying to cover her arse say the right things and get an idea of what her team are thinking about her and the deaths. Like she is worrying!
Worrying but confident enough to have committed the murder within 16 minutes of her shift?

Reactions: 1
Could the messages on the note stating she killed them as she couldn't care for them perhaps relate to an abortion she may have had?

I'm on the fence, keeping an open mind and reading everyones opinions. The poor babies and their families.

Reactions: 9
Worrying but confident enough to have committed the murder within 16 minutes of her shift?
Maybe worrying is the wrong word. I’m typing quickly, I’ll reply and explain my thought later got to get back to work x

Reactions: 2
This is the most damning thing for me.

Letby says: "Don't mind being in [nursery room] 1 but don't want to have [Child B]."

The colleague offers to look after Child B, with Letby also present in the room. Letby agrees and says: "I think it'd be good for you."

She added, in another message: "...I can't look after [Child B] because I just don't know how to feel seeing parents..

YET she did baby B's blood gases and feed as soon as she started her shift! And took his handover note home despite not being the designated nurse. And his designated nurse being in the room with her.

WHY?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
It seems to me LL was obsessed with her job , I really need to know about her shift patterns how much overtime did she pick up? This would really skew their statistics. If I was on the jury right now I could not condemn her to life in prison based on the evidence so far.

Reactions: 17
The full quote is "I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough to care for them" though and to me that gives a totally different meaning to it. It's easy to forget about the latter half of the sentence.
I still think she's guilty, the numbers are simply against her for it to be any other way but, to me anyway, the note presents a picture of someone who killed them by incompetence.
I believe she murdered them deliberately but I can see how the defence can use this note in their favour and for that reason I think the defence have made a mistake by making it such a big "gotcha" moment in their case so far. Hopefully there is just mountains of other less murky, open to interpretation evidence to come!!
It’s the ‘on purpose’ but for me. If she thought she wasn’t good enough wouldn’t she just write ‘I killed them im not good enough to care for them’? Who knows.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This is the most damning thing for me.

Letby says: "Don't mind being in [nursery room] 1 but don't want to have [Child B]."

The colleague offers to look after Child B, with Letby also present in the room. Letby agrees and says: "I think it'd be good for you."

She added, in another message: "...I can't look after [Child B] because I just don't know how to feel seeing parents..

YET she did baby B's blood gases and feed as soon as she started her shift! And took his handover note home despite not being the designated nurse. And his designated nurse being in the room with her.

WHY?
I was assaulted and bitten by a patient the other day. On my first shift back I didn't want to look after this patient but we were short staffed. I also decided I needed to confront my trauma head on and get it over with as I was stewing over it. So I went and looked after them. Some of these things can be explained away.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She searched child A parents a lot . I know people say after a death they might search to see how parent is doing but Lucy literaly keeps searching the families sometimes all three families at once .

bizzare to me

Reactions: 17
This video is quite eerie to watch - the doctor discusses how too much air in the bowel will effectively suffocate the neonate. This show was on TV just days before Child A died and now we know she was watching it as she was texting a colleague about watching it. I know she would have known the risks anyway, but it's just... another strange thing.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
Haven’t caught up on the thread yet and just catching up on the transcripts on my lunch break! But to me this is all so f*cking suss today! Particularly this part

On June 30, following the deaths of Child A, C and D, and the non-fatal collapse of Child B, Letby's colleague messaged her there was something 'odd' about that night.

Letby replies: 'What do you mean? Odd that we lost three and in different cicrumstances?'

And

Letby later messaged another colleague, who had been off work after looking after Child A, to say: "Hi [nurse] - you may have heard by now but wanted to let you know that we lost little [Child A] on Monday. Knew you looked after him."

The colleague responded: "I didn't know actually, thanks for letting me know. That's terrible!"

Letby: "It was awful...he died very suddenly and unexpectedly just after handover. Not sure why. It's gone to the coroner."

Of her trying to cover her arse say the right things and get an idea of what her team are thinking about her and the deaths. Like she is worrying!
Letting the other nurse know doesn't strike me as odd at all. Some people hate messages about work when they're at home but I prefer to know things and know others do, I've had texts letting me know a patient has died or an incident has happened and I've let others know too.

Reactions: 11
This video is quite eerie to watch - the doctor discusses how too much air in the bowel will effectively suffocate the neonate. This show was on TV just days before Child A died and now we know she was watching it as she was texting a colleague about watching it. I know she would have known the risks anyway, but it's just... another strange thing.

Oh. That's very chilling tbh.

This is all just for the first 2 cases and it's weird to the point her colleague commented on it to her. There's still 20 more of these to go.

I was assaulted and bitten by a patient the other day. On my first shift back I didn't want to look after this patient but we were short staffed. I also decided I needed to confront my trauma head on and get it over with as I was stewing over it. So I went and looked after them. Some of these things can be explained away.
But they weren't short staffed. His designated nurse was in the room with her. She didn't have to do anything with the child.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

My gosh that is actually creepy . So she said she watches that programs and it says that about air

even her work friend said she doesn’t watch that stuff she sees enough at work ..

Reactions: 11
My gosh that is actually creepy . So she said she watches that programs and it says that about air

even her work friend said she doesn’t watch that stuff she sees enough at work ..
I think it’s weird that would’ve been shown a few days before. But not that she watches the show

Reactions: 7
It does seem like a lot of messages, and that she's a bit dramatic? I can't imagine how hard it is to work there and lose a baby but if she's bleating on to multiple people telling them how hard she's found it and she can't look at the parents it seems like she enjoys the sympathy.. perhaps this first one was an accident and the other times she's done it for attention?
I've had patients who have been assaulted and found the care they received so comforting that they've put themselves back in dangerous situations/lied about further assaults to elicit that level of care again. Could be a similar thought process.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

And

That’s what crossed my mind too. Today, I’m reserving judgements because migraine flare up means I can’t think clearly.
But, it definitely crossed my mind as suspicious as I read them.

Reactions: 3
It does seem like a lot of messages, and that she's a bit dramatic? I can't imagine how hard it is to work there and lose a baby but if she's bleating on to multiple people telling them how hard she's found it and she can't look at the parents it seems like she enjoys the sympathy.. perhaps this first one was an accident and the other times she's done it for attention?
I've had patients who have been assaulted and found the care they received so comforting that they've put themselves back in dangerous situations/lied about further assaults to elicit that level of care again. Could be a similar thought process.
The only thing I think about this, is that she would have only been about 23/24 at this point and some younger girls can be a bit dramatic and needing attention at that age still. Not saying all girls do and I'm aware it is a bit of a generalisation, but she was still young.

edited to add...I should have written women not girls sorry. Didn't mean it to sound as patronising as it does

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.