Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Futtrit

VIP Member
With what evidence? Nothing
Can't really be arsed typing it out.

Interfering in her job, attending meetings with her, meeting with the ceo.., getting upset when she moved out, shouting "I did i! Take me" in front of ALL the grieving families.

There's other stuff but my brain is tired.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I don’t believe for a second she just killed 7 babies in the year. There has to be more attempts and more actual deaths. They just haven’t linked them to her yet.

• Sad

Tofino

VIP Member
  • Heart
  • Wow

LittleMy

VIP Member
Not sure if we’ve seen these before? Demon eyes
Can’t stand the sight of her.
---
So what, neither of them have been charged with an offence and we don't need to know their reaction or indeed have any media coverage of them at all
---

You can expect what you want, different people have different emotional reactions, neither you nor the media need to report her parents' reactions or indeed provide any details of them at all
This is a discussion thread, people are going to discuss whatever they want relating to this case whether you like it or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Hazara04

Will they befriend eachother or are psychopaths always enemies. She seemed to idealise Allitt so I'm just curious. Will she be subservient or does she have an ego?
I remember hearing a story about Joanna Dennehy, when she shared a unit with Rose West. Despite the horrific crimes Dennehy committed, she drew the line at child murder and made West's life hell, to the extent that Rose was reduced to tears and begging to be removed from the unit.

If that story is true, I doubt she will want to be mates with Letby!

Ravenstown

VIP Member
Her deluded friend said she is unable to mention her children to Letby in any comms as Letby isn't allowed contact with or info about any child.

• Heart
  • Angry

CrushedIcePlease

VIP Member
There’s a couple on Good Morning Britain who have described an incident with LL and their daughter who had a sudden collapse after LL was by her cot. This was in 2013.

The mum said LL was over her daughters cot just had a completely blank look when the mum came in and then walked off.

Recovered when transferred to Arrowe Park. The parents raised their concerns with the Countess in 2014.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
Her parents sound like lovely people 😏View attachment 2396091
They should be blaming their cretin daughter for the length of the trial - if she’d pleaded guilty in the first place it’s be significantly shorter! And hell, if she’d just not bloody MURDERED any babies in the first place there wouldn’t have been one at all!

It’s not the justice system’s fault that you have to pay extra rent because your daughter’s such a demon that it takes over six months to describe a year’s worth of her crimes. Jesus H Christ, what a family of assholes.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

sebanna

VIP Member
But does it matter for her in the fact she never going to be let let out. If she’s charged with ones she has done (unlikely) any added years aren’t going to matter as she will still be in prison if she’s reincarnated atleast 10 times.

It does matters to the parents / surviving children.
It's very important to the parents especially those like baby Q's parents whose are looking after a child with cerebral palsy who will need compensation to pay for care. Today must have been horrible for the families of H, J, K and Q who were missed out of the impact statement and judge summing up. They need their case to be heard and considered again, the jury did a good job but it feels incomplete.

I think the other families, who had babies cared for by Letby, who suffered unexplained collapses, need answers. The public also need to know the extent of what's happened and see lessons learnt. It's important for public to be able to trust health care staff and that needs to be rebuilt.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

19x94

"An investigation by The Sunday Times can now reveal in detail how the hospital delayed calling the police for months and that senior management, including the board, sided with Letby against doctors after commissioning perfunctory investigations.

The files, including the outcome of a grievance case that Letby brought against the trust in September 2016, reveal that an apology from the hospital and the doctors was not all the 33-year-old got. She was also to be offered a placement at the world-famous Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool and was to be given support for a master’s degree or advanced nurse training."

Full article here... Absolutely unbelievable!!!

• Wow
  • Sick

jolt321

Attempt for an insanity defence IMO.

Obviously she didn't go down that road in the end.

I think people are giving her too much credit tbh. She's a narc and a psychopath and they don't have the same feelings or think the same way as normal people. They always think they are going to get away with shit because they feel entitled to behave how they want.
Well we know now that she didn't think she was going to be arrested. She was in fact only days away from returning to the ward when she was arrested.
She knew the police were coming because they had already questioned her colleagues but at this point LL had already received an apology from the consultants and been afforded a place at alder hey if she wanted it. She thought she was going to be questioned and not arrested on suspicion of murder and the house searched. This might explain more, why she didn't get rid of any incriminating evidence because she didn't think she was under any sort of suspicion anymore for any wrongdoing. Why would she, after her apology from the hospital management.

goldielox

The Telegraph absolutely not holding back here 👏

(A snippet below and the archive link to the full article at the end)

There are two stories here. One of unbearable pain and sorrow, of innocents slaughtered in a place of safety, of a baby boy, no bigger than a bag of sugar, screaming because a metal object has been rammed down his throat. (He lost a third of his blood, that poor little boy, before he died.)

The second tale is monstrous in a different way. A story of bureaucratic arrogance, of a group of over-promoted nurses, not very bright, perhaps, with a big chip on their shoulder about the doctors who dared to suggest that a nurse – one of their own! – could be killing newborn babies in their NHS trust. That would have to stop. Management would humble those know-all paediatricians, flex their HR muscles, accuse them of trying to cover up their own inadequacies, show them who’s boss. Stop the pesky clinicians and their crazy allegations bringing the good name of the hospital into disrepute. Compel them to attend mediation, browbeat them into saying sorry to that poor lovely nurse who was feeling vulnerable and isolated.

“Dear Lucy, we would like to apologise for any inappropriate comments that may have been made during this difficult period. We are very sorry for the stress and upset that you have experienced in the last year. Please be reassured that patient safety has been our absolute priority during this difficult time.”

That was the formal written apology Dr Stephen Brearey, the neonatal unit’s lead consultant, Dr Ravi Jayaram and five other paediatricians had to write to the woman they had reason to suspect was murdering their tiny patients. Surreal, isn’t it? (File that letter for medical history under You Cannot Make It Up.

• Angry
  • Sad

19x94

I honestly have no idea how I'd react if my child was capable of doing what Letby did so I try and not judge her parents.

Has anyone ever read A Mother’s Reckoning by Sue Klebold? She is the mother of 1 of the Columbine shooters & it’s a fascinating account of a mother’s reckoning with the horrific act her son committed. Unlike Letbys parents, she doesn’t excuse his actions & she doesn’t expect sympathy. This was her way of trying to understand the son she thought she knew with the one who could commit a mass shooting. She has made it her mission in life to speak to others so that they can be aware of the small signs she missed. Dylan was seemingly normal, similar to Lucy. He was a little shy but he had no problems making friends. There was never any big red flags to indicate a propensity for violence. His parents didn’t even own or have guns in the home.

Theres a Ted Talk if anyones interested in listening.

• Heart

Faith61

VIP Member
The parents will forever see her as accused, the point being they can’t believe she’s guilty.

She’s obviously as guilty as they come and I relish seeing justice served. I mean, did you quote me thinking I wasn’t happy about the sentence? Nope. Lucy Letby is a murderer.
Course they will
Think the point here is....the mother of the.murdering bitch could have shown a little respect for those grieving, devastated parents, whose lives have been ruined and have sat there with dignity for ten months..listening to horrific details of what the monster did. Think that's more the point that's being made about " the mother"

• Heart