Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

#notanadad

VIP Member
In my opinion, LL won’t make any friends in prison, ever. She’ll think she’s above them, that they’re below her because she’s an amazing nurse and super duper intelligent. Her murders were clever, calculated. She’ll think that makes her better than everyone else and she won’t want to associate with the other prisoners I don’t think. Not unless there is anyone she can manipulate or “lord it over” etc. But she will absolutely NOT be buddying up with the likes of JD, she’ll think she’s better than them (she’s been to university don’t you know) and they’ll want to smash her fucking head in anyway.

Reactions: 55

O'lee

thank you so much for sharing. You’ve described it well but I can still only begin to imagine what it truly felt like for everyone there.

Absolutely disgusted with her mum’s outburst for all to hear. She should have left the building.
When I was down at court during one of the days of deliberations, Mrs Letby was taking photos of a reporter/presenter outside the court, who was doing nothing more than sitting on a folding chair, drinking a coffee and scrolling through her phone. Make of that what you will, I still can't get my head around it.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 54

Curiousing

As a long-time lurker but never-poster, may I just say thank you? My cousin messaged me to ask my opinion about the case (because I'm a psychologist who used to work in forensic) and I told him what I thought. But then he came back with a link to a Richard Gill post and a worry that she might not be guilty. Having read here, I linked to the Wiki, and was able to shut that down.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

Mrcooper

Chatty Member
The parents would probably have set themselves up for an easier life if they’d been a bit more respectful of the babies parents and the situation. I’m not saying they had to publicly denounce their daughter, I do understand how that would have been awfully hard to come to terms with. But just Shut Up. Don’t shout things out in court. Don’t be professional morons.

Tofino

VIP Member
I am confused as to why people are still wondering why she killed the kids. She was trying to get the attention of the doctor she was obsessed with. He was the one who was called when there were emergencies.
Every article I have seen has mentioned this.
That was the way she got closer to him, before they started their relationship outside the hospital
Er, because he didn’t appear on the scene until baby L. I think it was certainly the case for the latter babies but it doesn’t explain the earlier ones.

• Heart

Blockedbyadmin

VIP Member
Sorry not to be rude but are you actually listening to what anyone’s saying? To go down that ‘route’ she’ll need to be intensively interviewed and assessed. It’s not easy to pull one over on psychiatrists, they’ve seen idiots try and pull a fast one loads of times. Plus considering she already has been assessed for mental health conditions and she only has PTSD, she wouldn’t go to Rampton. AND you said she’ll go as she’s at risk of being attacked. That’s not why you go to Rampton ffs. Had enough of these stupid questions and then people not listening to the answers.
People can’t accept that she’s a murderer because she wanted to do it. It’s like saying she’s insane to have done it so needs locking in a mental hospital. Surely if she was going there it would have been brought up and ALSO if she was to be there she wouldn’t be deemed fit for trial and have gone there first anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Limey

VIP Member
The parents would probably have set themselves up for an easier life if they’d been a bit more respectful of the babies parents and the situation. I’m not saying they had to publicly denounce their daughter, I do understand how that would have been awfully hard to come to terms with. But just Shut Up. Don’t shout things out in court. Don’t be professional morons.
Her parents are particularly appalling. The father being allowed to make representations to the NHS management team investigating her? Entitled middle class idiots. They'll be agitating for an appeal, not that there are any clear grounds for doing so.

Even Primrose Shipman realised Harold was guilty in the end, though.

• Heart

Sodivine

Wow, I'm a bit shocked at some of the comments I've seen in these threads since the sentencing yesterday.

Anyone who continues to defend Letby really angers me. The jury has spoken and she's been found guilty of murdering tiny babies who were at their most vulnerable. The parents statements have shown that these babies weren't at deaths door like her defence tried to make us believe and all of them would have been enjoying their 6 weeks holidays if they had never encountered Letby's evil.

Her own parents behaviour is disturbing. I agreed previously that they are victims in what has happened, but now I'm don't think that's the case.

Her father attended meetings with the hospital execs and bullied consultants himself. They moaned about the length of the trial, the media... When the verdicts came in, the mom made awful comments and was loud in her reaction, which must have been incredibly upsetting for the families of these little babies who have had to relive the worst moments of their lives.

Sadly, there will always be people who believe she's innocent and it's all a miscarriage of justice.
I honestly think if she wasn’t a young, softly spoken, blonde haired, white woman, she wouldn’t have half the support and disbelief that she has benefited from the whole way through. Whether we like it or not, it is evident from all the reporting that she’s enjoyed the privilege of her appearance. “How did this sweet girl become a killer?” etc etc.

What makes her a sweet girl? None of these people writing about know her to claim that she’s a nice girl. How many other murderers - serial killers get this level of sympathetic reporting? She’s milked this “nice girl” thing and she used it to commit these crimes, and is still benefiting from it because despite her “confession” there are people who don’t believe she’s guilty.

What’s so special about this killer?

• Heart

docmum

VIP Member
As promised, my long post detailing my thoughts on the verdicts. I will do another post soon regarding today's sentencing and some other matters arising from the trial

The 8th of August (Tuesday) was when the first verdicts were delivered. I had come back from lunch to see through the doors that Court 7 was in session. After they had filed back out I asked a reporter who I have been on speaking terms with what had been going on and I was informed that the was going to be called back in about 45 mins, asked if they had reached any unanimous verdicts and to be directed that majority verdicts would be accepted. From that point you could almost feel the tension building amongst the Hummingbird team and my fellow members of the public who were within Court 8, so I can't even imagine what the Court 7 atmosphere was like.

When the jury foreman was asked whether they had reached any verdicts upon which they had all agreed, I was saying to myself in my head "please be the right verdicts, please be the right verdicts" and right they were, two guilty verdicts on the two insulin poisoning attempt murders. I felt a strange combination of relief and numbness after those verdicts- relief that every member of that jury had seen straight through the "Nice Lucy" facade and numbness that I had been witness to such important verdicts, but I couldn't say a word to anyone outside of court about them- this feeling of numbness was to become a familiar feeling during the period in which the reporting restrictions on the verdicts were in place. I left court that afternoon and went to watch my beloved Blackburn Rovers that evening and can recall sitting in a beer garden with my pre-match pint and thinking to myself "literally nobody else here is aware of what has happened at Manchester Crown Court this afternoon" surreal doesn't even come close.

The second set of verdicts were a bolt from the blue, as soon as the court began sitting on the 11th (Friday) and were the verdicts on four of the murder charges. I can safely say that it was the closest I had come to tears during my time attending the trial. Although I had been convinced of her guilt for some time and especially after the attempted murder convictions knew what was coming, to hear the jury return those verdicts was utterly overwhelming. I must have looked horrified and shell shocked when I quickly returned back into Court 8 in order to escape the truly awful sound of the defendants mum whaling uncontrollably, two of the detectives asked me if I was ok- I just replied that I was glad the jury had seen things how we had all seen it. Further guilty verdicts were returned last Wednesday and although the jury acquitted her of two counts of AM and failed to reach verdicts on others, I fully respect the jury's decision making- we have all made jokes about the absences and whatnot, but to undertake 22 days of deliberations after hearing nine months of evidence and only need to ask three questions to the judge was proof of their intense concentration and diligence throughout.

I would like to say thank you to the Operation Hummingbird team, many of whom I have had the honour and privilege of speaking to over the last few months- particularly the one who shook my hand and told me I was a "good man" on the Friday afternoon after the first murder convictions had been returned. Your professionalism and dedication to ensuring justice for those babies and their families has been nothing short of awe-inspiring and your decency and compassion stand in stark contrast to the vile and inhumane creature that all of your combined investigative efforts have helped to secure the conviction of. Another massive thanks of course to Nick Johnson KC and his two juniors, Phillip Astbury and Simon Driver, for their work in exposing to the jury the real, calculating and heinous nature of the defendant.

As for the babies and their families, I simply say that you will forever be in my thoughts
thank you. For all of this and your incredible dedication, as well as the respect you have shown all involved in this case. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Copacapybara

VIP Member
Wow. She really is not coming out of this well.
Thanks for reporting back
I didn’t realise how extensive her outburst was- I just imagined it as a few words. What awful self-indulgence in the circumstances, when the parents of the babies were so dignified.

• Angry

Tofino

VIP Member
Twins Trust have just uploaded this. They have sent it to their MP & The Lord Chancellor.
I have just used it as a template to write to my own MP asking for reconsideration for the statutory inquiry (not that my Tory scum MP cares he voted no for the neonatal care leave bill) but still I enjoy sending him emails because I know I bug the fucking life outta him.
However, I would urge you all to do the same! A non-statutory enquiry is absolutely not good enough.

I've uploaded the statement as a guide.
I’ve tweaked this and will share here so people can copy and paste for ease (I had added a bit extra due to being local but have removed it for here).

Dear MP,

I'm writing to you about my concerns that the government has decided to make the Lucy Letby inquiry a non-statutory one.

This horrific ordeal will cast a seed of doubt in the mind of every expectant and new parent for years to come about whether the care they are receiving is properly monitored.

The Lucy Letby case was devastating for all concerned particularly the victims and their families. There is nothing that can be done to repair the damage caused and the lives lost.

There were significant failings and it is only right these should be investigated fully with the power to compel witnesses to give evidence. The government owes it to all the families involved to ensure that those concerned about patient care are actually heard.

A statutory inquiry into the failings in the Lucy Letby case would be a good starting point in ensuring families have access to the best possible maternity and neonatal care.

Given the severity of the case, I would be grateful for your assistance in ensuring that a statutory inquiry is held.

• Heart

followthedolphin

Oh what a day…incredibly emotional and I’m not even sure if I can adequately describe how I feel after 10 months following this daily - first of all with CS’ live updates and then with my Tattle family.

We are on holiday this week- but watched the live sentencing. I thought Goss J was incredible in his delivery giving the WLO and left nothing unsaid.
I also think his handling of the whole trial, including the sentencing has been exemplary ( albeit at times many of us felt totally frustrated at his seemingly tolerant of lots of delay on top of delay). Leaving no chink of light for an appeal. He really had the measure of her, the insidious premeditated and cold nature of her acts and he made that so so clear.
The babies’ parents are honestly the strongest people - although I’m sure they don’t feel it. They are broken. We feel broken for them and we are far removed by comparison. I felt devastated finally hearing the enormity of the impact directly. But I’m glad that Boss Man Goss didn’t miss a beat.

As for the defendant, this festering ulcer of darkness masquerading briefly as a ‘normal’ person, she NEVER deserves to have her name associated with those beautiful souls whose lives she ended or ruined EVER again. as one mum said in her impact statement ‘ from today you are nothing’. Their precious memories should be untainted.

I feel that LL’s small group of supporters ( parents, Dawn etc) are literally standing on the brink of what’s to come for them.
It’s really not going to be pretty I feel-and I can’t imagine that her own parents will ever be able to live life peacefully under the radar when they now have the macabre accolade of having raised the most prolific female UK serial killer in living memory. Good luck with that one…
As for Dawn, she chose LL as godmother to her child or children, I think? Honestly I can’t imagine after hearing today’s sentencing that’s a viable relationship. I think these people will find life as the supporter of such a prolific murderer so untenable in practice that the support will ‘fizzle out’ …
Anyway those are my thoughts dear Tattle friends / family. I can’t tell you how important it has been to me to have you, this group of utter reprobates with big hearts and even bigger mouths who were here throughout during this appalling and hideous trial. Here’s to us all sleeping better in our beds knowing justice has been served. 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Wonder what she’ll be having for her tea tonight. Hope it’s a shit sandwich 💩

Will she decorate her cell room with drawings from the trial? Will she be sticking up all her collected paper on the walls?

Wonder if she’s created a ‘dear diary’ - can imagine her being one to write a book and try to get it published from inside.

Mummy and Daddy won’t be able to visit everyday cos they live in mancester so be a commute to low newton.
Give her half an hour!

• Haha
Reactions: 47

KatieMorag

Just read every available word of the victim impact statements. I think it's the right thing to do, to honour the parents and all they have endured. It's beyond heartbreaking and their strength in just getting out of bed every day let alone raising children, attending the trial and living their lives is so moving. I hope they know that so many of us believed everything they ever said about their precious children.

i don't care to speculate about the evil one. Her life from now on isn't a life and how she gets through the days of it are utterly irrelevant to the rest of the world. I read somewhere that when she left court today she knew she would never see the outside of a prison again - and that's the utter bleakness she deserves. There will never be any justice good enough for the savagely stolen lives and attempted murders of those tiny children, but I'm glad we got the best result available.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
Peter Sutcliffe managed to fool the professionals so they can be fooled.
He didn't though. He was on antipsychotics for a number of years.
While psychiatry isn't as clear as other forms of medicine when it comes to diagnosis and treatment, you need to give credit to the clinicians who have studied and practiced for years. It's not easy to 'fool the professionals' I've never known it be done anywhere I've ever worked. We know what we're doing.

• Heart
  • Haha

MmmB777

VIP Member
I wonder more about Dr.NN he must be known to LL’s former colleagues and social circle. He must be rather nervous that he may be outed one day. Will he visit LL in jail, he seems to have had some feelings for her. Or is he glad he swerved getting serious with her, leaving his wife, having a baby with LL.

I shudder still at his reassurances to LL that it was ‘just the babies’ fault they died and no way not LL’s.

Imagine his wife not knowing how he really is. Grr!
No way will he have anything to do with her. Letby said their “friendship” fizzled out at the beginning of 2018. I expect he’s had nothing to do with her since then. She was arrested summer 2018. The note found after the first arrest said something along the lines of you said you’d stand by me and you haven’t. I would bet early 2018 is when he finally realised what an absolute nutter she was.

• Heart
Reactions: 46