Lucy Letby Case #65 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just read all this and whoever was in charge of altering it needs to be sacked 😡, they have messed up. They Left a name in at one point and also continually referred to baby O and P as babies L and M throughout. I’m sorry but that should have been done properly. The sentencing remarks about baby K equally breaks my heart so short. Baby K didn’t survive, i know Letby wasn’t charged with baby K’s murder, but it says “Fortunately, he survived but could has suffered the consequences of the trauma to his throat.” - That doesn’t even make any sense, even ignoring the typos. Feel like baby K’s parents have been robbed of any real justice here. That monster should have been found guilty on all counts regarding child K.
Yes I noticed this too. I think they've just labelled them in order that they are mentioned from A onwards rather than using the letters assigned to the individual babies during the trial.

Reactions: 5
I’ve just read all this and whoever was in charge of altering it needs to be sacked 😡, they have messed up. They Left a name in at one point and also continually referred to baby O and P as babies L and M throughout. I’m sorry but that should have been done properly. The sentencing remarks about baby K equally breaks my heart so short. Baby K didn’t survive, i know Letby wasn’t charged with baby K’s murder, but it says “Fortunately, he survived but could has suffered the consequences of the trauma to his throat.” - That doesn’t even make any sense, even ignoring the typos. Feel like baby K’s parents have been robbed of any real justice here. That monster should have been found guilty on all counts regarding child K.

Edited to add - Ignore me, I think what they have done is change the way they have referenced the babies. It’s confusing because obviously the ones she was found ng or were a hung jury have been taken out. So now some of the babies are being referred to as different letters of the alphabet. Don’t think they should have done it that way as it won’t ever correlate up with easily with the verdicts. Very confusing so I actually have no idea right now if the sentencing remarks about baby K are the same baby K through the trial. Baby O and P and third surviving triplet are now L, M and O. In this sentencing right up. Not confusing at all!!
I’ve just read it too, I cannot believe the mistake of leaving a name.

Reactions: 5
I think Peter Sutcliffe got away with fooling psychiatrists that he was insane.
For a period he was admitted to Broadmoor then sent back into jail when he was considered mentally well.Nice try bleep but faking it doesn’t last.

Reactions: 9
My Dad met Peter Sutcliffe in Broadmoor.

As part of work, he wasn't incarcerated there!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When will the executives who forced apologies from the whistle blowers be called to account. Whilst not directly responsible they have many questions to answer. Why was her father at the meeting with the hospital executives. Why did they listen to his "victim" statement but not thise of the parents of those innocrnt babies. Fgs she was a 25 year old grown woman. Why did she have her dad there instead of a union rep or colleague What pressure was brought to bear by him? I hope the poor families can come to some kind of peace knowing that she will never be released.
I’m not for or against the death penalty really, it’s a tricky one, but in cases like this & for people like that, it’s needed. She doesn’t deserve a life. I sound heartless but after what she’s done it’s the least she deserves.
As much as I despise her I don't want the death penalty ever , for anyone , death is an easy option. She deserves to rot in prison until she's an old old woman, always looking over her shoulder, fearful of an attack. Never being able to do the things we take for granted as part of our freedom to live, love and grow. She has probably broken her parents and they deserve it too.

Reactions: 21
I’ve just read it too, I cannot believe the mistake of leaving a name.
have you seen my edited post regarding The alphabet reference change. I think that’s what they have done. Don’t think they should have because either way those babies who we have come to know as babies A - Q, though not their names, have created some form a link to them. It’s their letter and to me it’s important. I don’t know why but it is but I don’t like how they have done it.
---
Yes I noticed this too. I think they've just labelled them in order that they are mentioned from A onwards rather than using the letters assigned to the individual babies during the trial.
yes I realised that just after I posted and edited my post, I don’t agree with it though because the sentencing remarks now don’t marry up with the babies throughout the trial. It’s probably a moot point but it bothers me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm not sure what's worse- loose your child or to see your child severely disabled and fully dependent on other till the end of the lifetime 😭
I know it might sounds awful but watching your child suffering while seeing your child peers who are growing up more and more independent and enjoying life to the fullest sounds like a torture. Not to mention constant worry what will happen with your brain damaged child when you gone😭💔
As a mother of a severely disabled ex preemie.

It's not a thought that would ever cross our minds.

They still have life. We still get to hold them and kiss them every day.

With respect this is actually triggering and disrespectful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
I still wonder if early in her career she experienced a baby crashing by natural causes and got such a thrill from it, she started to make it happen herself.
Possible but we can speculate for ever and as the judge said she is the only one that knows what went on in that warped mind of hers.

Reactions: 1
Just dipping in. So glad she will never see the light of day again. Been thinking about her handovers sheets and how few of them mentioned the babies from the court case. She must have known she was under suspicion for a while, this would have given her plenty of time to dispose of the many more which would have had these babies on them. She must have been binning evidence as soon as she was taken out the unit.

Reactions: 2
have you seen my edited post regarding The alphabet reference change. I think that’s what they have done. Don’t think they should have because either way those babies who we have come to know as babies A - Q, though not their names, have created some form a link to them. It’s their letter and to me it’s important. I don’t know why but it is but I don’t like how they have done it.
Yes, just saw that as I posted my reply. It’s very confusing that the letters have changed and it does feel wrong.

The name of one is still included in the sentencing remarks, though. I’ve screenshot and highlighted that bit, and emailed to both the general and press email addresses on the website so fingers crossed someone sees it.
After all this time of the babies’ names being protected, for one to be published in this way is so careless.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As a mother of a severely disabled ex preemie.

It's not a thought that would ever cross our minds.

They still have life. We still get to hold them and kiss them every day.

With respect this is actually triggering and disrespectful.
People genuinely think having a dead child is better than having a disabled child. Beggars belief really. Shows how far disability rights have to go.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
He's at rampton because of his unstable mental state apparently
Has he been moved then? He was in Ashworth last I heard. I think anyone who can murder so nonchalantly has an unstable mental state but who am I to diagnose.
I don't think LL will end up in a secure hospital not unless she starts acting up. Maybe eats some of her own 💩 like BA that should get her carted off with the rest of the deranged

• Heart
Maybe she came early and the bit of the brain wiring that includes 'empathy' hadn't developed?

Not even joking, it's a thing. The brain develops in order of hierarchy of survival needs. Empathy and other sensitivities come last as they don't help you to stay alive if you need to fight for food and water.
Wasn't that what happened to Rose West?

Those poor families and those poor innocent little babies. 💔

I am pretty sure that LL will be committing suicide fairly soon. As has been noted, she has only ever felt sorry for herself during the course of these proceedings so I think that is what will happen.

Reactions: 3
I felt every word and every emotion coming from the parents.

My heart does not break for them...instead it breaks with them.

In her notes, Lucy wrote 'I don't know if many people will think of you today or any day but I do and will always remember'

To Lucy, people will always think of those babies. We will think about how strong their parents are and each birthday will be celebrated with balloons and lit candles.
Lucy, you may have tainted the parents memories but you can never take away the love that they feel for their babies.

Now you are incarcerated for eternity, may you remember your crimes every day. May you be haunted by your actions. May you feel the pain of being without life.

No Lucy, you are not good enough. And karma is a wonderful thing because your own parents will have lost their own daughter. Well at least you will no longer feel suffocated by them...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
As of todays she’s now a sentenced killer, but will anything change for her?
Shes been in jail for several years now so is used to prison life I imagine but Was on remand, but now convicted will anything change? Will she automatically be moved prison to a more secure unit?

Reactions: 7
Dr. Todd Grande's analysis is interesting. He thinks that while there is no obvious MO, he believes that LL is essentially turned on by the intense emotion of others. After watching this and agreeing with a lot of what he says, I am actually glad that she wasn't there for the witness impact statements today if there is even a modicum of a chance that she would have found the grief in court today in any way thrilling or exciting.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.