Lucy Letby Case #65 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's absolutely bleeping heartbreaking the families of the babies who didn't get verdicts can't take the stand. To go through this whole trial and think they face it again and not even have a chance to speak? I almost wish one of the other parents added something on their behalf but maybe they aren't allowed :'(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
It's probably for the best that Lucy is not there, she's not capable of feeling normal emotions. The parents were beyond devastated when baby A died, she watched it all and then attacked again over the next three shifts. She doesn't care about the families pain unfortunately seeing them so upset was probably what motivated her. It would be awful to have her up there and behave inappropriately.

My heartbreaks for all the families. I hope they find peace and don't carry Letby's guilt.
This. She got off on their pain and suffering then. She’d get off on hearing them describing it in court too.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
The final act of evil is not admitting to her crimes and dragging the parents through the trial. I dislike her.

Reactions: 32
There has to be a full statutory public enquiry.

No matter how long it takes.

Review every single baby that was born on every single shift she ever did. There's more in there somewhere. She didn't just wake up one day and decide to start killing at Chester hospital. She did this for her whole career.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
There is no way she did this for only a year. There is more babies, more families and I hope she is tried for all of them.
I always think about the pristine handover sheet in the rose box.
I hope to God I'm wrong but I think it most likely was her first victim 😡

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
11:28am

The mother said in June 2016, she was still recovering from the birth of her triplet boys, and it was "dififcult to put into words" when Child O passed away - it was "traumatic".
She said she was in "total shock and disbelief".
The following day, she felt more reassured when she saw the other two triplets. Child P later collapsed and the mother said she felt she blamed herself, thinking she had passed on some kind of illness.
She said she had to remain strong for the surviving triplet's sake, but had a "horrible feeling" he was next.
She says there was additional guilt that the extended family were unable to have any time of Child O.
She said it was a traumatic experience having to think of what should be written on Child O and Child P's gravestone. She said returning to the hospital, when another family member was admitted, gave her flashbacks.
The mother said she had a further child in 2017, and the parents had 'point-blank refused' to have the baby cared for at the Countess.
She says the time around June is always a difficult time to face.
She said she was initially asked to be a witness, and that meant she had to miss most of the trial, only for her not to be required as a witness at the last minute.
She says the court environment was "extremely harrowing", and she placed herself behind a monitor so she was not in the line of sight of Letby. Her first appearance was in March 2023.
She says having to come to terms with the police investigation has been "unbearable" and hates the fact Letby was the last person to hold Child O.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
God I feel so bad for Child Hs parents....imagine having to sit through all that, bond with the other families etc only to at the end not get your chance to have your say, I just cannot imagine how left out they must be feeling right now. I know left out probably isn't the best description, but it's how I'd feel in that situation.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
It's probably for the best that Lucy is not there, she's not capable of feeling normal emotions. The parents were beyond devastated when baby A died, she watched it all and then attacked again over the next three shifts. She doesn't care about the families pain unfortunately seeing them so upset was probably what motivated her. It would be awful to have her up there and behave inappropriately.

My heartbreaks for all the families. I hope they find peace and don't carry Letby's guilt.
As others have said, I think she would get off on hearing about their pain, so I'm kind of glad she's not there (especially after that father commenting she was staring at him in court)

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I always think about the pristine handover sheet in the rose box.
I hope to God I'm wrong but I think it most likely was her first victim 😡
I said this to my mam the other day that was probably her first, the sadidist bleep

• Angry
Reactions: 14
I live with PTSD from my own medical experience. It is hell. It happened to me as an adult and it was only one day in my life and I’m physically recovered and my baby is well - and I’m still struggling almost 5 years later.

So I cannot imagine for a moment what those parents have replaying in their mind every moment of every day. The images and the sounds and the events on a loop over and over. The dreams they have when they do manage sleep - which they probably avoid, for fear of not waking and being trapped in the worst of the nightmares.

The fact that these parents are still standing, let alone able to face this harrowing process, and now bravely sharing these hugely personal statements, shows the absolutely outstanding love and dedication they have to their precious children, and to getting justice for them.

These parents will no doubt say that they had no choice. That they did what anyone would.
But they deserve recognition, in my opinion, for the way they have fought and will continue to fight for their babies, for justice, and for the way they’ve done so. This process will not have been easy. It will have meant going over, and over, the worst moments. Having their worst moments made more real by being discussed over, and over.

These parents are so strong. Just like their babies.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Baby P's mum saying thank you to Letby after she killed her son.

Imagine thanking your child's killer.

I bet Letby was as high as a bloody kite after that.

• Sad
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
"

The court is now being played pre-recorded video of the statements by the parents of babies O and P, two triplet brothers who were murdered by Letby in June 2016.

The boys' mother says: "I started to blame myself. I thought I'd passed on an illness to all three of the boys... an infection.

"I only have one photo of me holding all three boys together but this was after [baby O] had passed.

"Nurse Letby was inconsolable after the death of [baby P] and I recall saying 'thank you'."

The boys' mother adds: "I have experienced panic attacks which have required medical intervention... the [third triplet] as he grows, is asking questions about his brothers.

Going through the "firsts" with the surviving triplet is very hard, she says."

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
All the parents impact statements are heartbreaking, it’s absolutely harrowing hearing them putting their suffering into words 💔

And it’s a final insult that that evil, despicable excuse for a human is causing them more suffering by not being in court to see & hear how heartbroken they are 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I said this to my mam the other day that was probably her first, the sadidist bleep
I absolutely think that baby was her first. I just don’t have any confidence that the enquiry will ever be full in its findings.

Reactions: 15
I live with PTSD from my own medical experience. It is hell. It happened to me as an adult and it was only one day in my life and I’m physically recovered and my baby is well - and I’m still struggling almost 5 years later.

So I cannot imagine for a moment what those parents have replaying in their mind every moment of every day. The images and the sounds and the events on a loop over and over. The dreams they have when they do manage sleep - which they probably avoid, for fear of not waking and being trapped in the worst of the nightmares.

The fact that these parents are still standing, let alone able to face this harrowing process, and now bravely sharing these hugely personal statements, shows the absolutely outstanding love and dedication they have to their precious children, and to getting justice for them.

These parents will no doubt say that they had no choice. That they did what anyone would.
But they deserve recognition, in my opinion, for the way they have fought and will continue to fight for their babies, for justice, and for the way they’ve done so. This process will not have been easy. It will have meant going over, and over, the worst moments. Having their worst moments made more real by being discussed over, and over.

These parents are so strong. Just like their babies.
And the fact that she refused to come and listen to these statements, makes me sick with anger😡😡

Reactions: 12
God I feel so bad for Child Hs parents....imagine having to sit through all that, bond with the other families etc only to at the end not get your chance to have your say, I just cannot imagine how left out they must be feeling right now. I know left out probably isn't the best description, but it's how I'd feel in that situation.
Honestly I can’t say what I want to say as I’ll be jumped on but I’m so very angry for them. It’s an utter travesty. Thinking of them so much 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.