Lucy Letby Case #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sorta think maybe the thread should be locked.
It's feels quite disrespectful to the babies and families at times. This is a live murder trial of 7 precious babies but I feel some people view it as entertainment.
I don’t think it should be locked and I don’t think anyone sees it as entertainment either. It’s an incredibly emotional case and there are obviously strong opinions on all sides, but regardless, I haven’t seen a single person post anything disrespectful and I genuinely believe that regardless of views, everyone on this thread just wants to see justice for the babies and their poor families tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It's feels quite disrespectful to the babies and families at times. This is a live murder trial of 7 precious babies but I feel some people view it as entertainment.
I don’t think anyone views it as entertainment.
It's an emotive topic, many of us (myself included) have shared our experiences which can be comforting to know the thoughts you've experienced your not alone with.
I just think people need to learn to respect others opinions and utilise the ignore button. Other than that people are learning alot and learning how other people understand and relay things, which can be useful on the thread and be practiced in real life. We are all human, we all see and experience things differently and it's good to see other people's perspectives and insights.
From what I've seen online, this thread is timid compared to some discussions.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just because some people view it as entertainment doesn’t mean the threads should be locked. A lot of people are interested in the case. Interested in the justice system. Work for the NHS in similar fields and may have had similar experience with poorly babies in NICUs.

If this thread should be closed, then so should Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Websleuths. There are many high profile cases happening all over the world. People are going to talk. You can’t stop that.

You, may find it disrespectful. That’s your opinion. You don’t have to read the threads. Report it if you’re that certain it should be locked. But I’m sure the moderators would have locked it by now if it broke Tattle guidelines.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why do you think people view it as entertainment? People on here have shared personal stories people are supporting others. I cannot fathom that.
Some people, not everyone.
There seems to so many people getting caught up in people disagreeing with them even though they are just asking questions and making the thread about them in a way that I don't think is respectful. If you don't like another person's view point you can simply block them.

I’ve asked the poster to ignore me numerous times but they refuse and just keep quoting me when I’m discussing with other people!
You can block them.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Guys I’ve filled the wiki page up already 😳 I’m getting an error message when I just tidied up some formatting. I’ve asked mods for help and we will probably need a second page (so I need to rethink how I organise it) but for now I can’t add anything more to it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Guys I’ve filled the wiki page up already 😳 I’m getting an error message when I just tidied up some formatting. I’ve asked mods for help and we will probably need a second page (so I need to rethink how I organise it) but for now I can’t add anything more to it.
I think you can have as many wiki pages as you like tbh, the mods just have to create them for you

Reactions: 3
How does it get to the point of having so many collapses and deaths without ONE other nurse saying something?

I think the defence added in her texts with colleagues today to show that there was no abnormal behaviour from her but she clearly spent a good amount of time texting people from work so surely it would have been mentioned in future texts about the multiple occurrences. The spoke of work in todays texts.
Added to that messaging a doctor on Facebook messenger? I can’t see that being normal practice either.

Reactions: 1
They may need to buy a second server just to store it all on at this rate😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m sure katie hayes WIKI is absolutely massive but not sure how

Thank you so much for all of your work!! You’ve done looooads and it’s really easy to navigate. Thank you again 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This thread has been tedious to read the last couple of pages with all the sniping. We aren’t all going to agree, accept that and move on.

I really hope once the verdict is in there is no “see, told you so” smugness from either side. I’d expect that sort of tit on one of the fb groups but I’d like think the users on this thread would have a bit more respect and decorum.

Nobody wins here. No one. Even if you were ‘right all along’.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I’m sure katie hayes WIKI is absolutely massive but not sure how
I’ve just looked and she has 5 pages. I know the Harry and Meghan wikis have multiple pages too. Just hope we don’t need a new page every week for the next six months 😅

I need to rethink how I organise it now 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just looked and she has 5 pages. I know the Harry and Meghan wikis have multiple pages too. Just hope we don’t know a new page every week for the next six months 😅

I need to rethink how I organise it now 😭
Maybe it could be a good idea for a page for each baby? It could potentially give you more room to play with? Or would it be too much work?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The Marcus Mitchell thread has 2 wikis. The 1st wiki has a link to the 2nd.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Thank you sincerely for all your hard work, that is quite something.

Reactions: 9
Maybe it could be a good idea for a page for each baby? It could potentially give you more room to play with? Or would it be too much work?
this would work but I don’t think we will be allowed 17 wiki pages. I think they will want us to fill up the second page before I get the third etc

so if we want to keep it organised like it is then I will just have to move some of the baby sections on to page 2 and then link from page 1. And then again to page 3 if I fill up 2 etc.

Reactions: 8
I’m new to this thread and just read part of the wikis. I still am not sure if I think she did it or not. I’m a nurse but for adults so not familiar with NICU nursing at all. I am not sure if this has already been brought up, but re the air embolus after connecting the fluids, I wonder if this could have happened by her not priming the giving set the fluids went through which would have then pushed air in to the blood stream? Incompetence but but possibly a mistake? still I can’t think of how the other things might have happened. I wonder if she was just an incompetent nurse who made loads of mistakes? Either way it is so awfully sad and I can’t believe so many babies died/were killed by her :(

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.