Lucy Letby Case #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been loud and clear what I think but I am prepared to see the trial out and am prepared to change my mind if the evidence sways me.

Reactions: 16
It will be number of incidents and also the details of the actual medical findings. Mottling as an example, they've said it's unusual mottling because it disappeared quite quickly after resuscitation, the colouring of it and where it was on the body. So the devil is in all these tiny details. Really poisoning in a hospital environment must be the hardest thing to prove, so I am grateful we have a police and NHS that take these things seriously and have worked so long and hard on proving it.

In a domestic abuse case, you can get bruising from falling down stairs or being beaten up - medical professionals would know the difference based on where it is, the pattern, how quickly it vanishes etc. A whole host of tests us lay people can't see or understand because we aren't reviewing their detailed medical notes, or conducting a post mortem etc. A defence would of course argue it was because the victim was clumsy and had a history of falling, and get a medical expert to prove how bruising could be a clumsy person falling, blame the stair case manufacturer for badly built stairs, blame the builder for putting together the stairs. But then if you put it in context of messages sent and who else was in the house at the time of the 'fall' and notice every ex of the defendant has 'fallen' and had the same bruising - it changes the scenario.

I do think that for the hospital and police to be spending almost 10 years investigating (they started in 2015 and carrying on till 2025) it and millions of pounds shows that they genuinely do believe she's responsible based on the evidence they've seen, we aren't aware of yet. And it looks like there's a lot to go through.
Well written, educated and sensible post 👏🏼

Reactions: 9
I didn’t comment about the evidence I said Lucy stated it was not an accident so who else could it be? Obviously they have investigated it and will likely have good evidence to how they got to that conclusion. No one is going to trail for a murder of 7 babies for the fun of it. I am aware you think she is innocent although you will deny that and say I have an issue with you I don’t I am just trying to understand your logic.
I don’t think she’s innocent at all. I also don’t think she’s guilty. I’m just following a trial.

I've been loud and clear what I think but I am prepared to see the trial out and am prepared to change my mind if the evidence sways me.
God forbid you’re not going along with the ‘she’s guilty and that’s that’ viewpoint.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lucy is the only one on trial. We don’t know what happened to babies under other nurses care. We do know from the evidence provided so far that there are failings from other members of staff in that hospital - 1 mother not given antibiotics in labour for a known infection so from what I can tell it’s not just Lucys care it’s happening under. We also saw today that temperature wasn’t recorded by Lucy for 8pm and the nurse who was on before her didn’t record it on some occasions either.

It looks like it’s not only happening to Lucy.
which is why the trial is 6 months long and I am sure there will be some great evidence either way😊

I don’t think she’s innocent at all. I also don’t think she’s guilty. I’m just following a trial.

God forbid you’re not going along with the ‘she’s guilty and that’s that’ viewpoint.
Your posts are not coming across as you having no opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Evening guys just catching up now.. Reading the parents statements are absolutely heartbreaking, I couldn't imagine losing 2 babies then the last thoughts you have involve a nurse that's up for their murder 😣😓 you'd be questioning everything

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Me too. I don’t feel she’s guilty from the evidence we have heard so far - it is incredibly early days. I do feel from what we’ve heard so far that there have been failings in the hospital.

One thing I think we can all agree is we hope whatever the outcome of the trial that the parents and families of those babies get the justice and answers they need.

which is why the trial is 6 months long and I am sure there will be some great evidence either way😊

The prosecution are the first to lead so naturally being objective means questioning what they are claiming. When it comes to the defence naturally that will be questioned too. I’m not sure what’s so hard to understand about that. Other people are commenting similar to me yet you consistently quote and question me.

Reactions: 5

To be fair I have seen people on these threads pile on Ava abit at times so I can see why she is abit hesitant to say she feels she's not guilty. Hate to be all teachers pet but can we all please just get along or at least put each other on ignore if people are getting each others backs up.

Reactions: 18
Just been on ITV news (Telly), a reported has said “Letby turned and looked over at crying members in the public gallery” when baby A & B’s mothers statement was read out.

Chilling.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
The prosecution are the first to lead so naturally being objective means questioning what they are claiming. When it comes to the defence naturally that will be questioned too. I’m not sure what’s so hard to understand about that. Other people are commenting similar to me yet you consistently quote and question me.
Please point out who is commenting the same as you? They aren’t. You are questioning everyone who is ‘jumping to guilty’ but your jumping to innocent and getting your knickers in a twist. I have engaged with many points on this thread about LL being innocent.

• Heart
It isn’t a jurors job to question the evidence presented though. They listen to the prosecution. Take in the info, and then listen to the defence and make a balanced judgement based on all the info. SO if we were all perfect people able to fairly serve
On a jury we’d all be sat in silence and only gathering info. It’s human nature to make a judgment based on what you’re hearing it’s how we protect ourselves .

One thing I think we can all agree is we hope whatever the outcome of the trial that the parents and families of those babies get the justice and answers they need.
Honestly, there won't ever be any justice, even if she gets found guilty or the NHS does. I know that's a bitter pill to swallow but these families lost their babies due to either murder or negligence - from the very people who they put their trust in and were supposed to protect the most important things in their lives. There isn't any coming back from that and I'm not sure if the answers are something many people could handle.

I often wondered that about the Sarah Everard case - how could her parents bare hearing what happened to her? Some things are better not known I think.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Please point out who is commenting the same as you? They aren’t. You are questioning everyone who is ‘jumping to guilty’ but your jumping to innocent and getting your knickers in a twist. I have engaged with many points on this thread about LL being innocent.
Ok, I’ve asked before and I’ll ask again - please just do not interact with me. I don’t enjoy your style of posting/questioning and find it really antagonising so let’s agree we disagree and not to interact from now on.

Reactions: 4
Me and you both have entirely different views and you are currently swaying innocent and I’m currently swaying guilty. We’ve quoted each other and spoken a few times in these threads and always been polite and respected each others opinions it shouldn’t be so hard for others to do the same. ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
This trial is 6 months long and the thread will be locked within the first 2 weeks if people don’t stop arguing and sniping at each other. Which would be a shame because it’s really useful reading everyone’s opinion (professional and personal) and things being pointed out you may not have noticed yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Honestly, there won't ever be any justice, even if she gets found guilty or the NHS does. I know that's a bitter pill to swallow but these families lost their babies due to either murder or negligence - from the very people who they put their trust in and were supposed to protect the most important things in their lives. There isn't any coming back from that and I'm not sure if the answers are something many people could handle.

I often wondered that about the Sarah Everard case - how could her parents bare hearing what happened to her? Some things are better not known I think.
Obviously nothing could ever bring their babies back, maybe I’ve worded that poorly. I mean that whoever is responsible for their deaths are held accountable and they get answers so they can have closure and be allowed to grieve.

Reactions: 4
Me and you both have entirely different views and you are currently swaying innocent and I’m currently swaying guilty. We’ve quoted each other and spoken a few times in these threads and always been polite and respected each others opinions it shouldn’t be so hard for others to do the same. ❤
Agree fully 100% ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This trial is 6 months long and the thread will be locked within the first 2 weeks if people don’t stop arguing and sniping at each other. Which would be a shame because it’s really useful reading everyone’s opinion (professional and personal) and things being pointed out you may not have noticed yourself.
Exactly this!!! I really don’t want the thread to be locked. I feel some of us may need some support when the verdict comes. Regardless of what that may be. We all want answers for the babies.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was hoping they would report on the agree facts but they seem to have just said they're were read out. I think the agreed facts are important as it shows which bits the defence aren't questioning.

Shame as Dave J definitely listed the agreed facts in the Star trial and they helped give a good sense of why some evidence wad more solid than other bits
I thought that was very weird too. The agreed facts are read out .... tell us then?? Would have be helpful in reporting the case 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ i wonder if they on any other reports from today? Sorry if its already been found I'm reading through today now

Reactions: 2
Exactly this!!! I really don’t want the thread to be locked. I feel some of us may need some support when the verdict comes. Regardless of what that may be. We all want answers for the babies.
I agree. There’s not many places you can talk freely and open about it as it’s such a sensitive topic too. I quite like reading all the opinions on it - even ones opposite to mine, it’s good to be open minded about it and see things from other points of view.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.